Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You best away game this season?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 238 Guests

You best away game this season?

This thread currently has 2,669 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 1, 2023, 12:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Sadly could not make any game this season because of health problems.

So I will choose Southampton which I watched on the telly.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
1mickylyons
May 2, 2023, 7:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
I only made two so I'll say Rochdale cracking day out in ghd sun and 3 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 2, 2023, 9:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Southampton away may not have been the best away day this season but the best night of watching Town ever!

Also enjoyed the win at Northampton.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
mariner83
May 2, 2023, 10:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Couldn't get to Southampton unfortunately due to work.

So... Rochdale or Donny
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
thornemariner
May 2, 2023, 10:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I got to 10 away games  W5 D1 L4

A mix of league & cup - I just can’t choose 😅

League    

Leyton was a good day despite the defeat just knowing Town were back in the league again

Rochdale because it was our first win back in the league & who doesn’t love a Luke Waterfall last gasp winner

Stockport was a great win & as was the one at Northampton - both ( or neither ) could be in League 1 next season

Cup  

Luton in some ways was better than the others because we had such a scratch side and I feared the worst. We were probably the better team & I came out buzzing just knowing we’d got a replay

Then Southampton…. VAR proved to be our friend and knowing we’d won away, again against all the odds, it’ll stay with me forever

Fourteen aways for me including eight on the trot which I don't think I've done before.

Won six, drawn three and lost five. Scored sixteen and conceded nineteen.

Luton away was a cracker. I came out thinking we had done enough to win. I enjoyed the wins more at the far-flung outposts like Sutton, Colchester and Newport.

I've been to eight PL aways this season but the fan experience is generally much better in the EFL.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
FishOutOfWater
May 4, 2023, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from thornemariner

Fourteen aways for me including eight on the trot which I don't think I've done before.

Won six, drawn three and lost five. Scored sixteen and conceded nineteen.

Luton away was a cracker. I came out thinking we had done enough to win. I enjoyed the wins more at the far-flung outposts like Sutton, Colchester and Newport.

I've been to eight PL aways this season but the fan experience is generally much better in the EFL.

I think that Luton game was a pivotal moment for our season

We went there with not much of a hope given the players we had available but what a performance we put in to earn the replay ( and you're right Chris, we could well have won )

Had we lost there and then just been left to focus on the league, I think we might have struggled in the months ahead ( especially coming on the back of the Swindon drubbing )

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/14-january-2023/

That late January afternoon at Kenilworth Road ( and the subsequent cup performances ) gave us fans a lot of hope and kept us onside with the team and manager at quite an awkward time of the season

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 36
The Caterham Mariner
May 4, 2023, 4:29pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
HOPEFULLY!!!
My best "Away " game will be at Home at BP against Wimbledon this coming Bank Holiday Monday.
A 4 hours 30 mins trip up in my little car  then back home after Game the petrol will cost more than my ticket  !!
But gonna  try a "Docks" beer too plus mandatory Haddock Chips mushy peas and "SCRAPS!!!" Please , make an Exile happy wherever the score
AS i have done plenty away matches takes me to get a home game in Grimsby 4 - Wimbeldon 0 would be nice to go to work tired but happy.
UTM 2023/24.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You best away game this season?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.