PoutonStepover
April 27, 2023, 9:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
https://flip.it/-sQzQH

Well that was 20 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

The article and video being an absolute woke wafflefest, but the Mariners get a mention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Azimuth
April 27, 2023, 10:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
The Guardian Reading intolerant Veganistas will soon be onto town demanding the trawler and fish are removed and replaced by a windmill and tofu.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Norseman
April 27, 2023, 11:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +284
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Azimuth
The Guardian Reading intolerant Veganistas will soon be onto town demanding the trawler and fish are removed and replaced by a windmill and tofu.

Especially as our new owner writes columns in the guardian
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
promotion plaice
April 28, 2023, 12:04am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Azimuth

The world is going mad....

https://plantbasednews.org/news/activism/peta-fish-cat-billboard-campaign/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 28, 2023, 12:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
In my 1st year at uni I lived with a vegetarian. She was a pain in the bottom. Remarks of how could we eat this or that every meal we had. Really trying to put us off our food. Saying that all animals had families and they shouldn’t be consumed and how nature isn’t respected!

Still, it didn’t stop me using ‘her’ frying pan every Saturday morning to cook bacon in and only wipe it clean!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
aldi_01
April 28, 2023, 6:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think your vegetarian housemate was just a girl private, and the fact she was a veggie exacerbated that.

I lived with two and I’m friends with several vegetarians and vegans and you wouldn’t know. Not all are male masturbators….

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 28, 2023, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from aldi_01
I think your vegetarian housemate was just a girl private, and the fact she was a veggie exacerbated that.

I lived with two and I’m friends with several vegetarians and vegans and you wouldn’t know. Not all are male masturbators….

I used to manage a vegetarian restaurant above Liverpool Street station and totally agree. Not all of them are and times have changed. Am guessing it was different in the 90s  to what it is now. Plus, she came from a privileged home and was probably going through a rebellion stage tbh!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Maringer
April 28, 2023, 8:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
In the longer term, we certainly are going to have to eat more plant protein as the planet's population continues to increase and resources dwindle. Either that, or different types of 'creature' protein, such as that from insects! The alternative could be lab-grown meat or perhaps other sorts of processed plant protein. Not a veggie myself (though I love a dal) and I'm rarely interested in the vegetarian option, but I'm aware it's likely to be necessary in the future.

Oh, there's also soylent green as an option as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
OddShapedBalls
April 28, 2023, 9:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Or we could actually invest in agriculture properly rather than trying to drive out all small and medium farmers in favour of huge agricorps so they can rinse us all forever after in a food monopoly.  We already produce loads of food that gets thrown away as 'undesirable' because it's wonky or to keep prices high artificially.  The only reason there is a push for 'plant protein' is because the margins are astronomical compared to traditional grass fed meat.

RE to the angry veggie/vegan anecdotes above, I tend to find it's the student age ones who are militant about it, personally met plenty of those however I have also dated, worked with and been friends with many who you'd never know wouldn't touch meat. Maybe it's an age/experience thing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
immariner
April 28, 2023, 9:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
The only reason there is a push for 'plant protein' is because the margins are astronomical compared to traditional grass fed meat.

It's plainly untrue that that is the only reason and you know it is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
OddShapedBalls
April 28, 2023, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from immariner

It's plainly untrue that that is the only reason and you know it is

There may well be a few good meaning people involved in that industry who genuinely just want to create alternative food choices, but the real facts - not the made up stuff spouted endlessly in the media- tell a very different story.  When the choice is to buy a rump steak for £2 and sell it for £4, or to spend £0.01 cultivating a fungus mould and shaping it to look like a rump steak and selling it for £4 I can't see a profit motivation there at all......plus you can't patent meat, anyone can grow it.  You can however patent a plant protein cultivation method then lobby to have your method approved in law and others not thereby removing competition.  The producers of mold-based food (or plant based, whatever you wish to call it) are not organic farmers on the wolds trying to make the world a better place, they are multi-national agricorps. Those companies couldn't care less about the planet, they are in mold based food for profit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
arryarryarry
April 28, 2023, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from promotion plaice

After seeing that on Look North I was absolutely shocked and saddened.

I called in at all the chip shops down Grimsby Road and immediately asked that they stopped selling fish and I would much rather prefer scraps on my cat and chips but sadly none did cat in batter.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
grimps
April 28, 2023, 10:51am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I think it’s time for the government to create a Ministry called the Ministry of Fuc* Right off.

Whenever something like this is doing the rounds it should be looked at by the Ministry of Fuc* Right off ,  then the Minister of Fuc* Right off call a press conference and announce that the Ministry has investigated the allegation and you can all Fuc* Right Off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Mayaman
April 28, 2023, 11:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
In my 1st year at uni I lived with a vegetarian. She was a pain in the bottom. Remarks of how could we eat this or that every meal we had. Really trying to put us off our food. Saying that all animals had families and they shouldn’t be consumed and how nature isn’t respected!

Still, it didn’t stop me using ‘her’ frying pan every Saturday morning to cook bacon in and only wipe it clean!

Those kinds of veggies wind me up.  I was vegetarian for twenty years and hated people telling me I should get some meat down me.  So, I never tried to convert anybody or have a go at them for what they are eating.  Worked with one last year, she was a nightmare.  A real eco warrior.  Until it suited her.  She asked a few people if they wanted a smoothie delivered.   Only problem was that she ordered it from the other side of the city.  When I asked why she didn't get a local one, she said they were not as good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
Phil the cod
April 28, 2023, 11:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Quoted from Norseman

Especially as our new owner writes columns in the guardian

flipping great, taken over by hand wringing yoghurt knitting leftie snowflake woke self loathing slavery guilt shame apologists.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
Phil the cod
April 28, 2023, 11:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Quoted from Mayaman

Those kinds of veggies wind me up.  I was vegetarian for twenty years and hated people telling me I should get some meat down me.  So, I never tried to convert anybody or have a go at them for what they are eating.  Worked with one last year, she was a nightmare.  A real eco warrior.  Until it suited her.  She asked a few people if they wanted a smoothie delivered.   Only problem was that she ordered it from the other side of the city.  When I asked why she didn't get a local one, she said they were not as good.

I bet she happily drives a car with all the ecological problems and harmful to animals toxins our engines churn out.
The only way to be carbon neutral is to top yourselves and donate your body to a compost heap, anything else,and I mean anything....is consumption.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
OddShapedBalls
April 28, 2023, 12:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman

Sounds like the lass I used to work with who had visited 48 countries (and counting!...) mostly in asia and south america but reckoned leather shoes were killing the planet..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
arryarryarry
April 28, 2023, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from PoutonStepover
https://flip.it/-sQzQH

Well that was 20 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

The article and video being an absolute woke wafflefest, but the Mariners get a mention.

Raving loonies like this just don't do anything for their cause.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
GYinScuntland
April 28, 2023, 1:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
I dated a vegetarian lass many years ago and must admit I ended up with a certain amount of sympathy with her for the then, very limited menus. Nut cutlet and not much more.
We're were up on the moors near Huddersfield and found a little pub, blazing log fire, proper beer and the split of that Amos Bearly from Emmerdale off the telly, mutton chops the lot.
Behind was a menu blackboard and within seconds I'd sussed my pint of Thwaites with steak pie and chips.
Sue asked what the vegetarian options were, Amos glanced behind him at the board and without batting an eyelid said..
"Tell us what tha wants duk an ah'll tek flipping meat off for thee"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
GYinScuntland
April 28, 2023, 1:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I was in The Head of Steam in Hull on Tuesday and there was a huge amount of vegan meals on the menu.
The Vegan Lamb Gyro caught my eye so I gave it a go thinking that I could always chuck it in the bin and get a burger.
I was pleasantly surprised as it was really nice.
It looked like lamb, chewed like lamb and tasted like lamb.
It seemed weird not knowing what it was or how it was made so I asked and was told it was made from rye.
The server was vegan herself and she said it was nice that vegans could eat things that were just like meat without harming animals, which I thought a bit bizarre to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
Heisenberg
April 28, 2023, 8:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
This has to constitute’non-football’ by now, surely?!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
AussieMariner
April 28, 2023, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I dated a vegetarian lass many years ago and must admit I ended up with a certain amount of sympathy with her for the then, very limited menus. Nut cutlet and not much more.
We're were up on the moors near Huddersfield and found a little pub, blazing log fire, proper beer and the split of that Amos Bearly from Emmerdale off the telly, mutton chops the lot.
Behind was a menu blackboard and within seconds I'd sussed my pint of Thwaites with steak pie and chips.
Sue asked what the vegetarian options were, Amos glanced behind him at the board and without batting an eyelid said..

I had a similar experience somewhere in the Dales. My daughter who was visiting from Aus is vegetarian and we went into a pub for lunch. The meat-free option was chicken. Ever since when I invite people over for a meal I always say ‘chicken will be available for the veggos’.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2023, 8:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Do vegetarian women stil...you know...play the pork trumpet? Smoke the white owl? Or is that a no no?

Asking for a friend.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
GYinScuntland
April 28, 2023, 9:39pm

Brandy Drinker

Do vegetarian women stil...you know...play the pork trumpet? Smoke the white owl? Or is that a no no?

Asking for a friend.

Mine didn't mind a chipolata.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
The Caterham Mariner
April 29, 2023, 8:14am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
So if we stop eating meat and  Do we let all the cattle sheep and chickens run free .Where do they go, coz they will still carry on breeding !!!
Me just born to enjoy a pie or a petitts sausage butty to be topical ..
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
Azimuth
April 29, 2023, 8:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
So if we stop eating meat and  Do we let all the cattle sheep and chickens run free .Where do they go, coz they will still carry on breeding !!!
Me just born to enjoy a pie or a petitts sausage butty to be topical ..
UTM

Are there going to be demands for Andrew Pettit to apologise for his family links to Sausages and pay compensation for his guilt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
pizzzza
April 29, 2023, 9:45am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
What's this wokeism stuff all about? Is this why we have Chair and not a Chairman nowadays?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
The Caterham Mariner
April 29, 2023, 10:04am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Quoted from pizzzza
What's this wokeism stuff all about? Is this why we have Chair and not a Chairman nowadays?

In deed sign of the times ..2023
Just dare not say to much these days

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 29, 2023, 10:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Azimuth

Are there going to be demands for Andrew Pettit to apologise for his family links to Sausages and pay compensation for his guilt.

Links to sausages......saw what you did there.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Manchester Mariner
April 29, 2023, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41

In deed sign of the times ..2023
Just dare not say to much these days

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you're English, these days.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
darren9
April 29, 2023, 11:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail just for saying you're English, these days.

When did this come in?

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2023, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I can’t decide if you’re trying to be funny or not…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Manchester Mariner
April 29, 2023, 11:20am

Exile
Quoted from darren9

When did this come in?

Yes these days, just for saying you're English.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
chaos33
April 29, 2023, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 360

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
codcheeky
April 29, 2023, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
There needs to be a little consistency with what is moved to non football
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
prestonmariner
April 29, 2023, 2:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
I can't have been the only one who clicked on this hoping for a lovely little thread on football badges featuring ships? Oh the disappointment...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2023, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from prestonmariner
I can't have been the only one who clicked on this hoping for a lovely little thread on football badges featuring ships? Oh the disappointment...

Must admit, initially I was expecting something similar or some tenuous link to a Peruvian lower league side that have a badge similar to ours and they’ve added a ship of something, alas, it’s just middle aged white men pretending that being English is a crime now…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
scrumble
April 29, 2023, 9:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
I live in Wales, if there's one place in the UK where saying you're English is likely to get you arrested its here, but I haven't had my collar felt the Heddlu yet.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Manchester Mariner
April 29, 2023, 10:36pm

Exile
Just for saying your English. Arrested and thrown in jail. These days.

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
darren9
April 29, 2023, 11:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from aldi_01

Must admit, initially I was expecting something similar or some tenuous link to a Peruvian lower league side that have a badge similar to ours and they’ve added a ship of something, alas, it’s just middle aged white men pretending that being English is a crime now…

The embodiment of the metropolitan liberal elite has really let itself go.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 29, 2023, 11:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
"It's understood Grimsby Town’s trawler is not associated with slavery."

intercourse ME SIDEWAYS!

That sounds like the sort of urine-poor journalism the we expect from the excrement journo's at Grimsby Live, because its obviously too flipping difficult to find out if trawlers were used in the slave trade.

It must be Grimsby's dirty secret that a hundred years BEFORE the fishing boom, trawler owners bought negro slaves to work on the trawlers that hadnt even been invented by then.

Shhhhhhh! Dont mention it to anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ships on badges

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.