Mappers
April 23, 2023, 8:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.39
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,609
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Mayaman
It;s all a bit OTT.  Thet are the Man U of the lower leagues.   Was out with colleagues the other day and two of the female teachers were talking about them!  Why not go down to your local side and support them - HCMC.  - granted Wrexham play better football than HCMC.   It's so fickle.

Exactly glory seekers will latch on much like they did with UTD , many now defecting to City after their change in fortune I have always referred to these followers as 'floaters' people who just follow whichever team is in vogue at the time .

The media cream over them in an almost infactuated kind of way .

The problem for Wrexham next season is they will be 'the team to beat ' so against the wildly inconsistent teams in league 2 who will invariably raise their game , Wales FC may well not find it as easy as everybody thinks .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 139
It Bites
April 23, 2023, 9:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 268
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
Just looked at BBC sport and there are 4 different articles focused on Wrexham from the main home page. Absolutely ridiculous. Nothing highlighting the extreme amount of money spent, only how awesome the owners are.

I would absolutely love them to get relegated next year.  Stuff their long suffering fans,  the whole exposure has gone way over the top.

You miserable git
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 139
HerveJosse
April 23, 2023, 9:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Any publicity for lower league football is good for all at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 139
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 23, 2023, 9:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +7,364
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from LH
I’d be really interested to know exactly how many Wrexham fans gave to that appeal. I’ve always felt like they got a bit too much credit for it.

FFS! If one donated we should be praising them.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 139
It Bites
April 23, 2023, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 268
Quoted from HerveJosse
Any publicity for lower league football is good for all at this level.

Exactly correct. I bet the exposure of Wrexham has helped more than just Wrexham.  I'm all for it . If Tom Cruise arrived in Grimsby with a plan for the club similar to what going on at Wrexham you'd have to be the most miserable, boring , sad  person not to want to be part of that . Although we have a section of fans who would much prefer to stay as we are and moan about poor old Grimsby.  Wrexham's owners mean business, those tears weren't fake Hollywood tears , they were the tears of men who have fallen in love with Football ⚽⚽
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 139
horsforthmariner
April 23, 2023, 10:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,643
Gold Stars: 9
Ah the true fans I wish them well - They've had more misery than most and deserve a bit of success. I do dislike the media obsession though its grating - they have effectively bought the league - it's not actually a great story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 139
LH
April 23, 2023, 11:45am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,618
Gold Stars: 178

FFS! If one donated we should be praising them.

My point is it’s made out they donated every penny of the fund which isn’t the case at all.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 139
Sconeboy
April 23, 2023, 12:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from It Bites

Exactly correct. I bet the exposure of Wrexham has helped more than just Wrexham.  I'm all for it . If Tom Cruise arrived in Grimsby with a plan for the club similar to what going on at Wrexham you'd have to be the most miserable, boring , sad  person not to want to be part of that . Although we have a section of fans who would much prefer to stay as we are and moan about poor old Grimsby.  Wrexham's owners mean business, those tears weren't fake Hollywood tears , they were the tears of men who have fallen in love with Football ⚽⚽

Not for me.

If we had all of the media circus around us that they have, and a load of yanks spouting nonsense on every one of the clubs social media posts, it wouldn’t feel like my club anymore.

We may be generally naff to support in terms of footballing success, but the club is still a huge part of so many of our lives, and it’s truly ours. Hundreds of thousands of TikTok followers crawling all over us, access to tickets being a nightmare and pre season publicity tours to the US would somewhat dilute that exclusivity in my eyes.

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 139
Mayaman
April 23, 2023, 1:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,462
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from It Bites

Ryan is learning.  Now, he gives credit to other teams .  At the beginning he just bigged up wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 139
Maringer
April 23, 2023, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,756
Gold Stars: 189
One Yank, one Canadian!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.