April 20, 2023, 5:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
https://www.footballinsider247.....sby-boss-paul-hurst/

Pete O'Rourke is generally quite accurate with his 'sources', so there's probably something into this, but you have to ask why Hurst would be interested in going to Port Vale who've just sacked his good friend Darrell Clarke even though he had them sat relatively comfortably above the relegation places?

Blackpool might be a more interesting proposition for Hurst, but it'll likely be a League One rebuilding job next season barring some sort of miracle based on their current form. Would Hurst be tempted away for a role like that in the league above us? Harder to say.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
April 20, 2023, 5:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Hurst won't jump ship anytime soon, he wants one of the Yorkshire clubs, he'll be hoping to build his reputation back up with us first I'd say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
It Bites
April 20, 2023, 5:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
He's a safe pair of hands so clubs will always have an eye on him . If he did leave I think we'd cope better than last time he left
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 20, 2023, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Hurst won't jump ship anytime soon, he wants one of the Yorkshire clubs, he'll be hoping to build his reputation back up with us first I'd say.

How do you know what Hurst wants?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
Madeleymariner
April 20, 2023, 5:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Maybe Daryl will tell Hurst how he was kept from signing players he wanted in January allegedly by Director of football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
ska face
April 20, 2023, 5:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Well if they’re gonna do it I hope they do it in the next fortnight, can’t afford to be fúcking about all summer.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
promotion plaice
April 20, 2023, 5:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Does deputy Doig know?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
It Bites
April 20, 2023, 5:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Does deputy Doig know?

Sniff Sniff
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
Northbank Mariner
April 20, 2023, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How do you know what Hurst wants?

Jesus pal, reign it in, I can see your blood vessels popping from here!.
He's a Sheffield Wednesday fan, a Rotherham legend and loves living in Yorkshire, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what would appeal to him!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 20, 2023, 5:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker

He's a Sheffield Wednesday fan, a Rotherham legend and loves living in Yorkshire, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what would appeal to him!..

Odd response to a simple question.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
BulkyMariner
April 20, 2023, 5:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 7

That might be what appeals to him in an ideal world, but this isn't one. He's managed Ipswich, and Shrewsbury, both not in Yorkshire, but higher up the pyramid than ourselves. We have no idea if he'd be tempted by the Blackpool, or Vale role, only he knows.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
Poojah
April 20, 2023, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
It's usually helpful to take your Town-tinted spectacles off when it comes to news like this. If there's truth in either of these rumours, would he go?

Personally, I think Hurst realises he's onto a good thing here. He's working for good owners who he seems to like and who back him; owners who didn't sack him after relegation to non-league and didn't sack him, despite some fan pressure, during literally our worst ever run of form in non-league. There is little loyalty in football, but he seems to have something of that here, as well as a renewed relationshop with the fans. Plus, of course, everything he has already built here.

But in every walk of life, things like money and the opportunity to move onto something perceivably bigger talk. Let's take Port Vale first then. Can they offer more money at this moment in time? Probably. Are they tangibly bigger than us? I'd argue not, even if they are a division above. I just don't see them having sufficient gravitas to lure him away. There will be bigger options down the line for him, whatever happens. I'm 99.9% confident he won't become the next Port Vale manager.

Blackpool are a slightly different prospect. If they were to miraculously stay up this season then, as a Championship club, I don't see how he could turn down another shot at that level, not to mention the money that would come with it. But I don't think they will, and so more than likely we are talking about a middleweight League One outfit with modest but not necessarily great chances of going back up.

The money will be better, and they represent a bigger third-tier club than Port Vale. The downside? Job security. They're on their 3rd manager this season and their 4th since 2020. Hurst will not have forgotten his experience at Ipswich, though I'd imagine he'd like to.

On balance, Hurst will not be here forever and I envisage his exit will be for better things rather than us having sacked him. But I'm not convinced that time is now. His feet are firmly under the table here, he gets to pull all of the strings and it's essentially up to him how long he stays here. I'm supremely confident that Port Vale won't tempt him, slightly less so where Blackpool are concerned, but still relatively at ease. And all of this assumed he becomes the favoured candidate by either.

Famous last words, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. For the time being at least.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
Mappers
April 20, 2023, 6:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
He is climbing the table for longest serving manager - i want him to go up further , take us to league 1 and then we can offer him our thanks for his services rendered ; until that time he stays put and keeps us shape and stabilility .

The Hurst out mob would cream it if he left and then moan about whoever replaced him .

I don't think sometimes some fans appreciate what a good fit he is for us at the present time .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
FishySmithy
April 20, 2023, 6:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Won’t happen, won’t be the last time speculation does the mill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
Meza
April 20, 2023, 6:29pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Just checked the manager odds for both Port Vale and Blackpool

PH isn't even listed on these ones, not sure if other betting places have a different list.  There are managers out there that who have done well such as the Cowleys and Pete Wild.  Maybe Pete O'Rourke heard whisper who them contacting PH but maybe he has turned them down as i would have expected PH to be on these lists.

[url]https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/port-vale[/url]

[url]https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/blackpool[/url]

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
IlkleyMariner
April 20, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
I’ve absolutely no idea how much Paul is on at Town, but it won’t be peanuts and he probably won’t become a millionaire on it.

But he has a pretty well free hand on running the football side of the club, and as long as he keeps delivering he is unlikely to be sacked.

With modern technology he can use his time wisely and having to travel to  Grimsby won’t be the drain it once would have been.

All in all, doubt he will be leaving anytime soon……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 20, 2023, 8:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
For the time being he’s probably got one of the safest jobs in football, though in reality I’m not sure there is such a thing as a safe job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
GtfcGarner
April 20, 2023, 8:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,793
Gold Stars: 26
Pete O’Rourke usually spot on and he was first to burst our transfer bubbles in a few players in the summer.

I think Hurst would be abit silly to go if I’m honest, different circumstances than last time and he has free reign of this club, settled in the area and know that the chairman is 100% behind him. I couldn’t see Port Vale tempting him but Blackpool might have a bigger budget and offer more money who knows? If he did go though I wouldn’t mind Darrell Clarke who Port Vale have just got rid of. Promoted out of this league with both Vale and Bristol Rovers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
Northbank Mariner
April 20, 2023, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BulkyMariner

That might be what appeals to him in an ideal world, but this isn't one. He's managed Ipswich, and Shrewsbury, both not in Yorkshire, but higher up the pyramid than ourselves. We have no idea if he'd be tempted by the Blackpool, or Vale role, only he knows.  

Lest not forget he's burned his fingers twice now (scummy and Ipswich) do you think he'd risk doing it again?...and even with last yeads heroics I'd say his stock is still quite low tbh. If, and imo its a big if, he's got us in and about the automatic place come Xmas then I'd mot be surprised if clubs higher up the pyramid come sniffing, at the moment I think the rumour is just that, a baseless rumour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
jamesgtfc
April 20, 2023, 10:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I don't think either of these will tempt him. Port Vale have just got rid of his good friend and as someone who likes total control of footballing matters, he won't like working under a Director of Football. McCarthy didn't last long at Blackpool and he would probably be out of work before Christmas if he took that job so I think we are safe there too.

I think Doig lives Birmingham way on and he has management ambitions, so I wonder if the Walsall job interests him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
Mappers
April 20, 2023, 11:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I’ve absolutely no idea how much Paul is on at Town, but it won’t be peanuts and he probably won’t become a millionaire on it.

But he has a pretty well free hand on running the football side of the club, and as long as he keeps delivering he is unlikely to be sacked.

With modern technology he can use his time wisely and having to travel to  Grimsby won’t be the drain it once would have been.

All in all, doubt he will be leaving anytime soon……

I imagine he's already a millionaire and financially secure from his pay off at Ipswich tbf.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Heisenberg
April 20, 2023, 11:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mappers

I imagine he's already a millionaire and financially secure from his pay off at Ipswich tbf.

Surely that’s pushing it a bit? A millionaire from getting the boot at Ipswich? I have no facts whatsoever, but that’s highly unlikely, in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
promotion plaice
April 21, 2023, 12:05am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Heisenberg

Surely that’s pushing it a bit? A millionaire from getting the boot at Ipswich? I have no facts whatsoever, but that’s highly unlikely, in my opinion.

Let's not forget Hurst also got the sack at Scunny, could be true  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
arryarryarry
April 21, 2023, 12:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from It Bites
He's a safe pair of hands so clubs will always have an eye on him . If he did leave I think we'd cope better than last time he left

I suggest you go on the Ipswich forum and say he's a safe pair of hands and see what response you get.

My advice would be duck.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
grimsby pete
April 21, 2023, 12:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Hurst has got the safest job or one of the safest jobs in the EFL.

This season 36 out of the 72 clubs have parted with the manager.

If he goes he might be out of work before the end of next season.

If he stays he could be here for years.

I wonder what Mrs Hurst has to say about it.

When you have been out of work a couple of times it is hard to leave a secure job.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
lee65
April 21, 2023, 12:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's not forget Hurst also got the sack at Scunny, could be true  

What, £980k from Ipswich and £37.50 from Scunny!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
Grimsby2012
April 21, 2023, 4:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Hurst must realise by now that leaving is futile.

Hurst to Grimsby is like taking a turd in the ocean. Once it leaves it always finds its way back.

How much of the original turd is left? Who knows.

But the turd will be better off onshore, at home, without ever leaving.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
lukeo
April 21, 2023, 6:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
I'm not worried about this as PH is a sensible bloke... Port Vale would be a disaster. Blackpool would be an upgrade but how long would they give him realistically?
If this rumour was teams whose chairmen are renowned for backing their managers or a Yorkshire club I'd be concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
aldi_01
April 21, 2023, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

I suggest you go on the Ipswich forum and say he's a safe pair of hands and see what response you get.

My advice would be duck.

Not sure I’d take any opinion of Hurst from an Ipswich fan as being relevant or worthwhile; he was taken in there to do a job by the directors. He did it. The fans have a skewed view of their club after a few seasons in the premier league and being good for about 5 years 40odd years ago.

Hurst went in, was told to off load the high earners first off and then see what happened, he did that which every knee would probably lead to further decline, which is what happened but the board weren’t straight with fans about the financial predicament of the club and still had a conflicting ambition…they believed as did many of the fans that they were playoff contenders…they never were and eventually got what they deserved.

Hurst did what he was told and likely doesn’t care, he sid more than ok out of it, same with the Cowleys when they went to Huddersfield. Yet another championship club that sniffed top flight so now believe that’s their rightful place or whatever.

As for Port Vale and Blackpool, you’d imagine of the two Blackpool would be one that may interest him but they’re still a bit basket case and I believe Hurst is fundamental to what Stockwood and Pettit are doing at town, whether a few angry man babies agree or not, it’s a fact and Hurst is very different to last time. It’s much more relaxed and open and we saw emotion from him last year and a if you look at the fans forum, he was laid back, joked and what not, definitely not the dour Yorkshireman image that some desperately paint.

All that suggests he’s happy at Town and aside from a few man babies, the vast majority of fans are. When he left last time it was a disgrace and is high up on the long list of Fenty intercourse ups, I’m not saying it would have that impact this time but I genuinely believe that Hurst is key to what is happening at BP.

Ultimately, anyone in football knows our second relegation from the league was cemented well before Hurst came back but what he did last year is nothing short of a miracle and to then make the club comfortably mid table straight away and get to an FA cup quarter final is genius too…he’ll have suitors…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2023, 6:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I think it was Souness on a Sky interview who said Managers outside of the premier leagues top clubs generally don’t get a lump sum. They get paid their salaries month by month, if they get another job it stops.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
Mappers
April 21, 2023, 7:44am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

It must have been a good bit he left 100 days into a 3 year contract and must have been on  a good wedge there .It will definitely have set him up , if he was not already .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
Son of Cod
April 21, 2023, 8:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I know Peter O'Rourke sometimes gets things right, but there's absolutely no substance whatsoever to that article other than "Blackpool and Port Vale have recently sacked their manager and Paul Hurst is doing a good job at Grimsby".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 21, 2023, 8:57am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Bloody Hell  .Really !!! Lets wait and see come Christmas..UTM
"Grimsby Town sign Christiano Ronaldo!"  From a reliable source.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
HatTrickHero
April 21, 2023, 9:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Mick McCarthy to Vale and Holloway reunited at Blackpool is my dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
diehardmariner
April 21, 2023, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Son of Cod
I know Peter O'Rourke sometimes gets things right, but there's absolutely no substance whatsoever to that article other than "Blackpool and Port Vale have recently sacked their manager and Paul Hurst is doing a good job at Grimsby".

I think you're doing him a dis-service as a journalist there.  He'll have sources who will feed him information, that's the substance behind it.  

O'Rourke isn't generally just a clickbait type journalist, from memory he does have a quite decent record of insight into what's going on.  

I don't think Hurst will go to either club.  But he will still be ambitious.  His experiences at Ipswich and Scunthorpe will have given him greater caution and whilst he will no doubt enjoy the freedom and support he has here, he'll still be looking to better himself at every opportunity and we're as much at the mercy of him getting poached by bigger clubs as anyone else at this level.  

If a bigger club who are localish to South Yorkshire, with a history of stability and backing their manager, come looking for him, we'll face a massive battle to keep him.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
ginnywings
April 21, 2023, 1:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
My take on it is that players and managers come and go and one day PH will leave, but the club will carry on.

I don't think he's ready to move on yet, but if he did, I'd say thanks and good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
Posh Harry
April 21, 2023, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think it was Souness on a Sky interview who said Managers outside of the premier leagues top clubs generally don’t get a lump sum. They get paid their salaries month by month, if they get another job it stops.

Surely it’s going to depend on who the manager is and where they came from. If they poach another manager who is currently in a job then that manager will be in a much stronger negotiating position to be able to demand a payoff lump sum from the new club if they get sacked, whereas if they employ an unemployed manager, then less room for negotiation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
Davec
April 21, 2023, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
If Hurst does go I will be happy to see Darrell Clarke in the hot seat here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
Poojah
April 21, 2023, 1:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Davec
If Hurst does go I will be happy to see Darrell Clarke in the hot seat here

Not for me. I never really got over this, or the fact that they did indeed go up, thanks to that cúnt Ross Joyce.

https://youtu.be/lGDHZ1ql26M

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
Surrey97
April 21, 2023, 2:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
There’s no chance that Hurst will go to Blackpool or Vale. He has one of the most stable positions in football management here and none of those two are big enough to tempt him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2023, 3:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry

Surely it’s going to depend on who the manager is and where they came from. If they poach another manager who is currently in a job then that manager will be in a much stronger negotiating position to be able to demand a payoff lump sum from the new club if they get sacked, whereas if they employ an unemployed manager, then less room for negotiation

Maybe, I was only referring to something I’d seen on TV to be honest.

You would imagine early termination clauses are negotiated up front for sure.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Lord Gadiform
April 21, 2023, 3:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +114
Gold Stars: 5
Whatever the situation I’d chuckle if Doig does the after match press interviews.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
April 21, 2023, 4:38pm
Guest User
Seeing some of the names offered up by the Hurst out mob on Twitter makes me shudder.
Reply: 42 - 55
Meza
April 21, 2023, 5:21pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
[tweet]1649393939852451840[/tweet]

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
Mariner93er
April 21, 2023, 6:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
After 3 relentless seasons, I'd be surprised if Hurst had any energy left to have his head remotely turned. He's earned a well-deserved break at the end of the season before a play-off push next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
DB
April 21, 2023, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Having just watched the full interview on Mariners TV the answer is DEFINITELY NOT. In not so many words and body language watching his interview, he is in a happy place.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 21, 2023, 6:31pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 140381
Seeing some of the names offered up by the Hurst out mob on Twitter makes me shudder.

BOO!! Knickers to them!!
Paul Hurst the only "Yorkie!" I trust .
UTM.

In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
It Bites
April 21, 2023, 6:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from 140381

Who are they suggesting? I haven't got twitter
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2023, 6:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 140381

John Askey was one that made me smile, feels like a Keith Hill waiting to happen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 21, 2023, 7:25pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Who are they suggesting? I haven't got twitter

LOL Me to not on Facebook  or twitter  ..only  Fishy!!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
chaos33
April 21, 2023, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from ginnywings
My take on it is that players and managers come and go and one day PH will leave, but the club will carry on.

I don't think he's ready to move on yet, but if he did, I'd say thanks and good luck.

I would agree with that

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
Grimsby2012
April 21, 2023, 8:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
To be honest.

It's Time for a change anyways.

He's good at not getting us relegated, but we want promotion.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2023, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimsby2012
To be honest.

It's Time for a change anyways.

He's good at not getting us relegated, but we want promotion.

Div

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
Heswall Mariner
April 21, 2023, 9:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I don't think PH is going anywhere - he's into the long term philosophy of the new owners - his job is safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
Norseman
April 21, 2023, 11:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
People come and go .He has done well for us but he is his own man .If an opportunity arises for him based on his success here then he has earned it .I'm not fussed either way ,certainly not in the Hurst out camp .But if he does leave we move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
grimsby pete
April 22, 2023, 12:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
I can not see any club offering Paul the clout he has got here he is his own boss as  1878 have given him permission to do what he wants with the budget given.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Blackpool and Port Vale after Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.