13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
April 16, 2023, 3:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
So these are the players in contract for next season & those out of contract. Which, if any, do you think we should be looking to keep for next season. I have to admit apart from Josh Emmanuel, keeping one of the goalkeepers & trying to make George Lloyd a permanent signing I'd be inclined to get rid of the rest of the senior pros.

And any of the contracted players we might try and move on?

Contracted for Next season

Goalkeepers

-

Defenders

Michee Efete
Anthony Driscoll-Glennon
Niall Maher
Luke Waterfall

Midfielders

Harry Clifton
Kieran Green
Gavan Holohan
Otis Khan
Evan Khouri
Alex Hunt

Forwards

Danilo Orsi

Out of Contract

Goalkeepers

Ollie Battersby
Max Crocombe

Defenders

Danny Amos
Jordan Cropper
Josh Emmanuel
Owen Gallacher
Shaun Pearson
(Andy Smith)

Midfielders

Bryn Morris
Sean Scannell
(Mikey O'Neill)

Forwards

Ryan Taylor
(Tom Dickson-Peters)
(George Lloyd)
(John McAtee)

1st & 2nd year Pros

Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel
Jaz Goundry
Harvey Tomlinson
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
lukeo
April 16, 2023, 4:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149

Goalkeepers

- need 1 decent standard keeper + crocombe. To push eachother.

Defenders

Michee Efete  😃
Anthony Driscoll-Glennon 😃
Niall Maher 😃
Luke Waterfall 😃
(With a couple of additions and competition, ideally a couple more quality for these guys to work with/against)

Midfielders

Harry Clifton 😊😃
Kieran Green squad player
Gavan Holohan squad player
Otis Khan squad player
Evan Khouri up and Coming
Alex Hunt 😃
We need to add a couple of decent players in this area, in my opinion only 2-3 of them are good enough to be pushing the top of league 2.

Forwards

Danilo Orsi squad player

2 decent strikers (ideally Lloyd being 1) and a 3rd of Orsis ability to push them.

Out of Contract

Goalkeepers

Ollie Battersby - haven't seen him enough to comment.
Max Crocombe - if we sign a keeper who's very good and will push him for his spot then keep.

Defenders

Danny Amos 😃 would be happy to keep
Jordan Cropper
Josh Emmanuel 😃 would be happy to keep
Owen Gallacher
Shaun Pearson
(Andy Smith)

Midfielders

Bryn Morris
Sean Scannell
(Mikey O'Neill)

Forwards

Ryan Taylor
(Tom Dickson-Peters)
(George Lloyd) 🙏 yes pleasd
(John McAtee)

1st & 2nd year Pros

Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel
Jaz Goundry
Harvey Tomlinson
Dont know enough about these lads.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 125
IlkleyMariner
April 16, 2023, 5:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Lukeo…..new chief scout 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 125
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 5:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC
So these are the players in contract for next season & those out of contract. Which, if any, do you think we should be looking to keep for next season. I have to admit apart from Josh Emmanuel, keeping one of the goalkeepers & trying to make George Lloyd a permanent signing I'd be inclined to get rid of the rest of the senior pros.

And any of the contracted players we might try and move on?

Goalkeepers

-

Defenders

Michee Efete
Anthony Driscoll-Glennon
Niall Maher
Luke Waterfall

Midfielders

Harry Clifton
Kieran Green
Gavan Holohan
Otis Khan
Evan Khouri
Alex Hunt

Forwards

Danilo Orsi

Out of Contract

Goalkeepers

Ollie Battersby
Max Crocombe

Defenders

Danny Amos
Jordan Cropper
Josh Emmanuel
Owen Gallacher
Shaun Pearson
(Andy Smith)

Midfielders

Bryn Morris
Sean Scannell
(Mikey O'Neill)

Forwards

Ryan Taylor
(Tom Dickson-Peters)
(George Lloyd)
(John McAtee)

1st & 2nd year Pros

Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel
Jaz Goundry
Harvey Tomlinson

Agree with this, I doubt we’ll get Emmanuel but suspect PH will try, Lloyd is definitely worth a decent bid.

I just hope we recruit early and make the priority getting the attack done first.

I thought what PH said last week was interesting, he referenced the personal they wanted you’d assume he was talking about incoming players as well as the current squad.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 125
ska face
April 16, 2023, 6:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Never agreed with the notion that you need a high quality keeper to push your no.1. For what you’d spend on two semi-decent keepers you might as well just go all out and get a top drawer one straight off. Then again, that position is probably more susceptible to fluctuations in form caused by a lack of confidence than anywhere else - remember when Mildenhall signed for us & Notts County fans had him down as one of their worst ever.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 125
toontown
April 16, 2023, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face
Never agreed with the notion that you need a high quality keeper to push your no.1. For what you’d spend on two semi-decent keepers you might as well just go all out and get a top drawer one straight off. Then again, that position is probably more susceptible to fluctuations in form caused by a lack of confidence than anywhere else - remember when Mildenhall signed for us & Notts County fans had him down as one of their worst ever.

I would generally agree with you and I think Hurst is obviously open to that, like this season. But last season he obviously had doubts about mckeown and that was why he recruited crocombe as back up. An obvious difference is that crocombe is now out of contract, unlike mckeown was.

I though crocombe was really good first half ofbthe season, there is no doubt he's faded badly in the second half of the season though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 125
ska face
April 16, 2023, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Personally I think Crocombe’s had his head turned. He had a really good run of form through the first half of the season then about 8/9 weeks ago gave a very non-committal interview to Humberside and hasn’t been the same since.

Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in a free in the summer.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 125
Mariner93er
April 16, 2023, 7:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I would also renew Morris. Think he goes under the radar and is underated but out best spells of form have been with him in the team. Reminds me a little of Craig Clay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 125
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ska face
Personally I think Crocombe’s had his head turned. He had a really good run of form through the first half of the season then about 8/9 weeks ago gave a very non-committal interview to Humberside and hasn’t been the same since.

Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in a free in the summer.

I’m with you on this Ska, I suspect he knows he’s got on offer on the table from elsewhere.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 125
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 16, 2023, 7:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Mariner93er
I would also renew Morris. Think he goes under the radar and is underated but out best spells of form have been with him in the team. Reminds me a little of Craig Clay.

No, no,no. Has a decent touch but has no pace, slows the game down and is not particularly effective in the physical area of the game. We need much better to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 125
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player Contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.