grimsby pete
April 11, 2023, 11:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
One of the worst home records in the league against the second best away record in the league.

So we are bound to win then.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Corkyefes
April 11, 2023, 11:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Would like to see us put out a similar side to the one that ended the game on Monday:

Crocombe
Emmanuel Waterfall Maher Amos
Clifton Morris Green Khan
Orsi Lloyd

Hopefully the Waterfall sub was just down to his booking and not because of an injury, but if he's unavailable then Smith steps in.

Opportunity for Amos to stake a claim for the left back spot with the season winding down.

Clifton on the right should give our midfield a bit of balance. Green covering Khan when he gets forward.

Orsi and Lloyd as a pair is something I'd really like to see Hurst stick with over the next few games - thought they worked really well together at the end of the Donny game and we already know what we're getting with Taylor and McAtee. Let's use these games to figure out who we want to keep around next season and where we need to improve.

After the last 15 minutes at Donny, not many could argue with this team.

Whether you play Glennon or Amos that's not much difference either. Same with Morris and Holohan.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
RonMariner
April 11, 2023, 11:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,795
Gold Stars: 226
Orsi is a must. He really makes things happen in the final third. Give the lad a good run of games to the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Norseman
April 12, 2023, 12:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Spurn boy
Would replace Emanuel who had a poor game against Donny and looked exhausted with Efete who should have learned from his mistakes against Hartlepool.

He hasn't learned from his mistakes all season .Emmanuel far superior
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
davmariner
April 12, 2023, 1:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Why shouldn’t McAtee play again for the rest of the season? Some people have some short memories. Yes he hasn’t had the best couple of games, but his pressing, endeavour and quality out of nowhere gets us goals and assists that we badly need at the minute.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
lukeo
April 12, 2023, 5:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from davmariner
Why shouldn’t McAtee play again for the rest of the season? Some people have some short memories. Yes he hasn’t had the best couple of games, but his pressing, endeavour and quality out of nowhere gets us goals and assists that we badly need at the minute.

I don't think it's anything against him it's more looking at those more likely to be here next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Stew0_0
April 12, 2023, 7:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
                         Crocombe

Emmanuel.   Smith.   Maher.   Glennon

Clifton.      Green.      Khouri

Lloyd        Orsi.         Khan

Think young Khouri deserves a chance now we are mathematically safe, Holohan, Efete and Waterfall are clearly injured and McAtee and Taylor out of form. Seen enough of Morris to know he shouldn't be here next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
aldi_01
April 12, 2023, 7:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I suspect he’ll start wit Taylor and Mcatee but I’m not sure I’d bother. That said, I don’t think Orsi has 90 minutes at full tilt in him.

I’m still not a fan of Green or Morris but I’d possibly play Green and Clifton and then the others are all of a muchness in there for me.

Of our games left, Saturday is one that matters so there won’t be any laying down and letting them win…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
It Bites
April 12, 2023, 7:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from davmariner

Because his race is run for us . He was brilliant last season but there's no future in history. We must move forward. We've all been moaning about the turn around time last season into this . We now have 3 months turn around to get thing sorted for a big season
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Poojah
April 12, 2023, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from davmariner

For whatever reason, McAtee has been well below the standard he set last season, but it’s important to remember just how good that standard was. Some of the goals he scored and made were incredible, and there’s no way we would have made it through the play-offs without his guile and tenacity.

I periodically find myself re-watching moments from those play-off games, and the role McAtee played is undeniable. His goal at Wrexham was just so, so good - that shot wasn’t even on, and to have the vision to see it and the skill and calmness to execute it just seconds after going behind was just breathtaking. His Cross for Taylor’s equaliser too, way above that level or even this.

We wouldn’t have got past Wrexham without John McAtee, nor would we have dragged ourselves back into the final against Solihull. You have to ask yourself where we would be without him.

I can see the arguments against starting him right now, but regardless of that he deserves (and no doubt will get) a hero’s send off on the 8th May against Wimbledon. And it’s not often you get to say goodbye to your heroes. The man is a legend in my eyes.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Mansfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.