HertsGTFC
April 11, 2023, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
I think Parkinson will be gone by Christmas. L2 is a different animal, there are no part time glorified pub teams in L2, very very few basket cases and they’ll get found out by some of the better and cleverer teams at this level.

I'm pretty sure they'll be right up there and his job will be safe whilst they are.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Limerick Mariner
April 11, 2023, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Despite their fans' generosity last season and RR being a genuine long-term investor etc etc, I find myself wanting them to lose. His interviews just grate with me; "this is about Notts County, Notts County is unique", and babbling on about it being a good thing he didn't discover Wrexham a few years ago, because it would have wrecked him. Then the conversation in the tunnel with Ben Foster about the penalty save and it being the most amazing thing ever (he seemed to have forgotten about a 9-goal thriller he once watched). There is drama like that most weeks somewhere in the football world. We are going to have to put up with this feckin media circus in League 2 next season. Feck 'em, I hope Barnet beat them next week and Mullin gets sent off.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
buckstown
April 11, 2023, 2:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
I watched the game yesterday and thought County were much the better team in the first half. Wrexham were totally reliant on long balls for Mullin to chase and fall over. Second half I thought they upped their game and deserved to come back.
Think they will be right up there challenging next season, especially considering the amount of money they'll be splashing around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Gaffer58
April 11, 2023, 2:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner_09
I think Parkinson will be gone by Christmas. L2 is a different animal, there are no part time glorified PUB TEAMS teams in L2, very very few basket cases and they’ll get found out by some of the better and cleverer teams at this level.

Pub teams, ah so expertly describes scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Mappers
April 11, 2023, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Despite their fans' generosity last season and RR being a genuine long-term investor etc etc, I find myself wanting them to lose. His interviews just grate with me; "this is about Notts County, Notts County is unique", and babbling on about it being a good thing he didn't discover Wrexham a few years ago, because it would have wrecked him. Then the conversation in the tunnel with Ben Foster about the penalty save and it being the most amazing thing ever (he seemed to have forgotten about a 9-goal thriller he once watched). There is drama like that most weeks somewhere in the football world. We are going to have to put up with this feckin media circus in League 2 next season. Feck 'em, I hope Barnet beat them next week and Mullin gets sent off.

At least they will probably fill the away end though and bring us some coverage , i actually am glad for Wrexham they have had a long time of missing out (b4 the yanks got involved ) and had hard times so they should enjoy the ride -i dont think it will end in tears , the deadpool boys might get bored but even if they did Wrexham could operate at league 1 /champ level you would have thought as long as they keep gaining fans i suppose it would be the acid test if the Americans walked away and they started declining would the fans lose interest ; the 6k new ones?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
chaos33
April 11, 2023, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
I like both Wrexham and Notts County and their fans were class last season with us. They both belong in the EFL, but Mullin is a continual cheat, and cheats shouldn’t prosper.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
FishOutOfWater
April 11, 2023, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The donkeys that run the National League must be scared sh1tless, once these two go up there will be no stories down there to draw interest to level 5.

Especially now that Scunny won't be in there next season  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 61
Mappers
April 11, 2023, 2:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Especially now that Scunny won't be in there next season  

No it might actually be more interesting though it will be an even play field (ish)  if they both go as there wont really be anyone that stands out -actually keep an eye on the national league as i got quite in to it with us being down there and enjoyed some of the little grounds -Weymouth are going right down  through national south now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
Mariner_09
April 11, 2023, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mappers

No it might actually be more interesting though it will be an even play field (ish)  if they both go as there wont really be anyone that stands out -actually keep an eye on the national league as i got quite in to it with us being down there and enjoyed some of the little grounds -Weymouth are going right down  through national south now .

If Southend and Oldham could get their acts together, you'd think it'd be a relatively level playing field between Chesterfield, Southend and Oldham and if say Hartlepool/Rochdale go down. The knock on is L2 is harder for us.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
Mappers
April 11, 2023, 3:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

If Southend and Oldham could get their acts together, you'd think it'd be a relatively level playing field between Chesterfield, Southend and Oldham and if say Hartlepool/Rochdale go down. The knock on is L2 is harder for us.

Think Southend are in a mess are they not , Oldham & Chesterfield should have a good go . I cannot see Rochdale making waves tbh or Crawley if they go think they could be the next Scunny (sweet to say that ) Hartlepool i am hoping stay up if they bring that sort of following again .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Mullin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.