April 10, 2023, 8:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,934
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
Come now chaps, 14 minutes on and 6 crosses yet not one counter argument?  Surely you can do better.  Yes I appreciate I’m not Poojah who a lot of you seem to get an involuntary erection at every word, or a contradictory Ginnywings who doesn’t appear to be able to work out which way a lift is going even given two guesses.  But please offer a counter argument, I really am intrigued.

This is the post of a user who definitely doesn't care about being red crossed.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 201
kafunanapar140909
April 10, 2023, 9:46pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Whichever way you look at it, it was two really poor sides.  One win changes nothing, we need a manager capable of assembling a squad that both entertains and can slug it out at the top of the table.  Hurst isn’t that person I’m afraid, 40 games in and he still doesn’t know his best 11.  Every squad should have squad players pushing for the first team, we have squad players that’ll only get a kick if one of Hursts favourites is playing so bad that even he can’t pick them.

I’m sure my dose of reality will draw the usual swathe of red crosses, I don’t actually care, I’ve never been one for soldiering on regardless without a clear plan.  If you are then that’s your prerogative, you’ll probably get your way and Hurst will still be here in 12 months, let’s re-visit this post then.

Your “dose of reality” is that we need a manager who can assemble a passing team that can also slug it out when it has to and also challenges at the top of the table?

If only JS and AP could think up these kinds of ideas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 201
ginnywings
April 10, 2023, 11:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Come now chaps, 14 minutes on and 6 crosses yet not one counter argument?  Surely you can do better.  Yes I appreciate I’m not Poojah who a lot of you seem to get an involuntary erection at every word, or a contradictory Ginnywings who doesn’t appear to be able to work out which way a lift is going even given two guesses.  But please offer a counter argument, I really am intrigued.

Hello, and apologies for going off to do something else that doesn't involve football.

So, this lift. Is it a normal up and downy type lift, or is it a Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator type, which can go into space and fly around the world?

You said in an earlier post that PH doesn't know his best 11, and also that the only way squad players can get a game is if his favourites play so badly he has no choice but to replace them. Bit of a contradictory statement is that.

Besides, there is no best 11 that is all things to all people in every game, which is why you have a squad and rotate players according to form, fitness, availability, opposition, and formation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 201
April 10, 2023, 11:15pm
Guest User
Whichever way you look at it, it was two really poor sides.  One win changes nothing, we need a manager capable of assembling a squad that both entertains and can slug it out at the top of the table.  Hurst isn’t that person I’m afraid, 40 games in and he still doesn’t know his best 11.  Every squad should have squad players pushing for the first team, we have squad players that’ll only get a kick if one of Hursts favourites is playing so bad that even he can’t pick them.

I’m sure my dose of reality will draw the usual swathe of red crosses, I don’t actually care, I’ve never been one for soldiering on regardless without a clear plan.  If you are then that’s your prerogative, you’ll probably get your way and Hurst will still be here in 12 months, let’s re-visit this post then.

I nearly couldn’t be @rsed to answer the pile of crap, but but here we go.  

The reason your ‘dose of reality’ hasn’t seen many answers is it’s because it’s a load of b0ll0x!  

Reply: 194 - 201
Poojah
April 10, 2023, 11:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508

‘kinell mate, what have I done to upset you? Or at least not turn you on?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 201
promotion plaice
April 10, 2023, 11:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,089
Gold Stars: 200

Fenty or one of his mates ?

We should have a decent player budget next season after our cup run and let's not forget Hurst did wonders at turning Shrewsbury around.

I'm not normally a betting man but I think I might have a small bet on Town getting promoted next season, should be decent odds.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 201
SouthLakesMariner
April 11, 2023, 12:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Because 7 years or so ago he was pretty average.

My recollection was he finished one of his seasons with us as top scorer and was the National League Young Player of the Year (might have got that wrong, but that’s my recollection).

I think he always had the potential and I for one was disappointed to see us let him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 201
April 11, 2023, 8:41am
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice

Fenty or one of his mates ?

We should have a decent player budget next season after our cup run and let's not forget Hurst did wonders at turning Shrewsbury around.

I'm not normally a betting man but I think I might have a small bet on Town getting promoted next season, should be decent odds.

I was thinking sounds more like Filippe?
Reply: 198 - 201
aldi_01
April 11, 2023, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

‘kinell mate, what have I done to upset you? Or at least not turn you on?

Clearly not a fan of the reach around…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Doncaster

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.