9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
April 6, 2023, 11:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Nice guy, a poster that I like. Hope he’s ok.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
diehardmariner
April 6, 2023, 11:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
There's a great mental health thread on the Non-Footy forum, lots of insights.

I'm very open about my mental health but it's warming to see others be so open too. To the point that reading it felt cathartic. I say it from absolute experience that talking helps and problems shared are ones that are halved (at least!).

To Connor, or anyone else, just talk! I'll talk to you, others will talk to you, but most importantly we'll listen to you.  It doesn't matter what you want to talk about either, talking is the best medicine I've ever taken.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
promotion plaice
April 6, 2023, 11:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200

Take care Hagrid.

For what it's worth I have mental health issues myself, you're not on your own mate.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 82
TheFryingSquad
April 6, 2023, 11:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
I don’t know Hagrid (user name) or Connor.  No idea of your situation but hear this young man.  Whatever the problem, despite how dark it may appear and how helpless you may feel, there is always someone who understands how you feel, someone who can share.  At a recent seminar I was honoured to witness a man from Grimsby giving a speech which touched me deeply.  I’m fortunate In that while Ive suffered low points, my guardians have brought me round.  I’m sure you have guardians too but please please also try https://andysmanclub.co.uk/ , seriously mate #itsoktotalk

Very best of luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
Davec
April 7, 2023, 12:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
A hell of a lot of concern showed for Connor, from random strangers, shows how good humanity is at times! Also good to see Matt Dean getting involved also

Hope he is OK and getting the support he needs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 82
cmackenzie4
April 7, 2023, 12:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Life can be difficult at times, I had a difficult year last year with the death of my mother and step dad within 6 weeks of each other, if I’m Honest I struggled for 6-8 weeks after my mothers death, I was difficult to live with but I’m ok now, I talked to close friends and immediate family and that helped so much

Stay safe Connor and get the help you need mate.

Chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
BeijingMariner
April 7, 2023, 2:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
In the same boat as many on here, do not know Hagrid but understand the struggle.
Keep passing the open windows, matey, here to listen / read if you need to get stuff off your chest
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 16 - 82
lukeo
April 7, 2023, 4:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from diehardmariner
There's a great mental health thread on the Non-Footy forum, lots of insights.

I'm very open about my mental health but it's warming to see others be so open too. To the point that reading it felt cathartic. I say it from absolute experience that talking helps and problems shared are ones that are halved (at least!).

To Connor, or anyone else, just talk! I'll talk to you, others will talk to you, but most importantly we'll listen to you.  It doesn't matter what you want to talk about either, talking is the best medicine I've ever taken.

I'll second this. Stay strong Connor and anyone else who struggles each and every day. Open up and talk, you're not alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 82
jimgtfc
April 7, 2023, 6:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 45
I open the fishy up every morning looking for a new rumour, who’s the scapegoat this week or just to get peoples opinion on the last game, but reading it this morning gives me something different and lends a whole load of perspective.

You’re one of the better posters on here Connor (ok, that doesn’t say much!). We might not know each other personally, but you, me and everyone else on here has one thing in common mate. We’re all town, and we’re all here for you bud!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 82
aldi_01
April 7, 2023, 6:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone have any updates or managed to check in with the dude to make sure he’s ok?

I’ve said for a long time, the real pandemic is mental health/suicide, particularly in men. There is support out there and as this thread shows, it can affect literally anyone, it has no prejudice but sometimes support can even simply be seeing messages of concern and support from random strangers, strangers who can empathise and understand.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hagrid

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.