fishboyUTM
March 25, 2023, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Badger57
urine poor second half. Never looked liked scoring. McAtee makes so many bad choices although maybe his errors look worse because if they come off they look like genius. I think perhaps he thinks he's better than he really is. Lack of subs from Hurst. They might have made a difference. Draw a fair result with season petering out to nothingness. In a way that actually makes a nice change to be stress free at the tail end of a campaign. Bryn Morris MOM. Well done lad, a kick in the mouth for the boo boys!

Today, he played like an 18 year old. He made awful decisions, I wouldn't go as far as saying he played for himself but he doesn't seem to see the picture like a 23 year old with plenty of experience. There was one occasion when Efete was available and in acres of space running into the box, but he had his head down and shot himself from maybe 25 yards. Efete would have been one on one. I can't fault his graft, but I am not sure he will make the step up two divisions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 97
cannylad65
March 25, 2023, 5:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
As much as I rate McAtee, he should have been substituted in the second half.
Much too greedy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 97
kafunanapar140909
March 25, 2023, 6:16pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from kafunanapar140909
I hope JT asks him about this but my expectation is he'll bottle the question.

In fairness to JT he did ask about subs and sort of touched on squad rotation. I think Hurst knows how to play JT, though, in that he gave a slightly spiky answer about "only talking those who are playing" and pretty much shut down that part of the conversation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 97
TheFryingSquad
March 25, 2023, 7:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11

In fairness to JT he did ask about subs and sort of touched on squad rotation. I think Hurst knows how to play JT, though, in that he gave a slightly spiky answer about "only talking those who are playing" and pretty much shut down that part of the conversation.

Don’t care, no way will the monkey hangers claw back 15 points in 8 games.  Stayed up ☑️. Money in the bank for squad improvements ☑️. A good chance of retaining the majority of season ticket holders ☑️.  Happy days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 97
MuddyWaters
March 25, 2023, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236

Very disappointed that JT needed to have a dig at Morris for giving away the corner that led to the goal. Wasn’t his fault we didn’t defend it and it was possibly his only misstep of the game. He was comfortably MoM today.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 97
ginnywings
March 25, 2023, 7:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Very disappointed that JT needed to have a dig at Morris for giving away the corner that led to the goal. Wasn’t his fault we didn’t defend it and it was possibly his only misstep of the game. He was comfortably MoM today.

Yeah, agreed.

Morris has had a lot of stick lately, but for me, he is a player who will try the difficult, progressive pass, where some players will go for the easier option. When it doesn't come off, the crowd are quick to berate him.

PH said he had encouraged players to not always just clear their lines, but to sometimes take a touch and try to play a pass instead.

Today, it bit Morris on the ar$e.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 97
Hagrid
March 25, 2023, 8:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agreed. Completely unwarranted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 97
Madeleymariner
March 25, 2023, 11:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Not a Morris fan (My first car was a Marina) but thought he had a good game today and played some good passes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Walsall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.