3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
March 24, 2023, 8:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
I have a feeling we are going to upgrade the squad significantly in the summer.

Last summer was difficult both because of the late finish to our season, and because we might well have been viewed as something of a yo yo club having been in the EFL just 5 years before dropping back to the NL.

Now, thanks to the cup exploits,  I think players will have a different perception of our prospects, especially if we have a good end of season and get into the top ten.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2023, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I love the way some of the experts on here judge him based upon a few cameos and the extensive experience they have in professional football.

Young lad still in his development In reality, personally I wish him well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
March 24, 2023, 8:59pm
Guest User
Sadly, what arryarryarry said. Nowhere near.
Reply: 12 - 23
TAGG
March 24, 2023, 9:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I love the way some of the experts on here judge him based upon a few cameos and the extensive experience they have in professional football.

This
Good luck to the lad.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
RonMariner
March 24, 2023, 10:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
I think we will see a few departures over the summer, but I would love it we could sign Smith, and Lloyd for starters.  Emmanuel too, though I think I am dreaming there......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
jamesgtfc
March 24, 2023, 11:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RonMariner
I think we will see a few departures over the summer, but I would love it we could sign Smith, and Lloyd for starters.  Emmanuel too, though I think I am dreaming there......

Emmanuel would be a great signing but I think we can all agree that it won't be happening. I would like to see us push the boat out for Smith and Lloyd though, and I think both are realistic permanent targets.

With this recent switch to 3/5 at the back, our summer transfer business will be interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
jaygy
March 25, 2023, 12:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
We paid a fee for emmanuel didn't we? Surely there's an extension clause in there somewhere?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
March 25, 2023, 2:38am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Absolutely.

We didn't give him a fair chance to show us what he can do imo. A young lad needs a run of at least half-a-dozen games just
to feel part of the setup.

Hurst obviously didn't feel he could risk that, and managers are there to make such judgements.
I am not foolish enough to question El General's opinion.

We signed him as a promising youngster rather than the finished article, so when we adopted a formation with wing-backs
he was pretty much frozen out of consideration.

Hope he blossoms at Gateshead.
Reply: 17 - 23
aldi_01
March 25, 2023, 6:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
He looked ok when he did come on and fair play to thr lad for coming back and trying to force his way in. Hurst obviously wasn’t seeing enough in training either.

Good move for him though and I’m sure he’ll have some sort of career at that level…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
forza ivano
March 25, 2023, 7:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Think gateshead have made an almost Paul hurst type signing, comes out of nowhere, a bit like when he produced Emmanuel out of nowhere.
Am sure he will be a good signing for gateshead, hes proven at that level, and will no doubt be happier back home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wearne @ Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.