ginnywings
March 19, 2023, 11:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It's all academic really.

I'm sure PH had good reasons for doing what he did and you can't really criticise what he has achieved in the cup this season.

We were getting nowhere near them whatever the line up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 85
Limerick Mariner
March 20, 2023, 12:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
PH probably thought there was only one way we could win this tie - to stay in the game for as long as possible and then hope we had something in the tank in the last quarter to create something. In which case having McAtee charging round with energy in the last quarter would be the plan. Hunt was brought on to help us keep the ball a bit better I expect. If we’d held it at 1-0 to 70 mins or so it could then have got interesting, as it was we were gone once the second went in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 85
Kris2
March 20, 2023, 12:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
He threw a paddy over being subbed off a couple of games ago and Hurst wasn't having that so is benching him. Hurst doesn't like players who talk back or question him.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
aldi_01
March 20, 2023, 6:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest, Mcatee didn’t look fit when he came in. As soon as they got the third he saw his bottom.

Massively disappointing from him…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 85
DaleH
March 20, 2023, 6:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
He injected a tiny bit of energy and urgency when he came on at the start of the first half. But I don’t really think it was a huge issue with him not being in the starting 11.

He’s not having a particularly good season in the EFL by his own standards in the National League last season. For the majority of this season I’ve referred to him being a bit of a luxury player, that has often flattered to deceive.

I don’t think he will feature greatly next season at Luton. I think he needs to impress far more consistently at L1 and L2 levels before you will ever see him making a dent anywhere in the Championship

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
Mappers
March 20, 2023, 8:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
On a wider note ,there is no way at this point Mcatee is Championship standard -will be interesting to see what Luton do with him next season ,they might even be in the Prem .

Would expect him to be loaned out , maybe a lower end league 1 team .

We did good business getting the cash we did for him tbh , if we can use a small amount of that to tempt Cheltenham and sign lloyd on a decent length contract it would be the icing on the cake as I think although slightly different ,in terms of quality there isnt much in it between them +i cant imagine Lloyd answers back .

All opinion of course .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 85
male private Nale
March 20, 2023, 8:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Quoted from Mappers
On a wider note ,there is no way at this point Mcatee is Championship standard -will be interesting to see what Luton do with him next season ,they might even be in the Prem .

We did good business getting the cash we did for him tbh , if we can use a small amount of that to tempt Cheltenham and sign lloyd on a decent length contract it would be the icing on the cake as I think although slightly different ,in terms of quality there isnt much in it between them +i cant imagine Lloyd answers back .

All opinion of course .

It would be interesting to know what cash we did get or him before deciding on whether it was good business.

He is currently on £4000 per week at Luton of which we pay 50% to have him returned to us for the season, most of which he has either been injured or ineffective.

He has been a great player for us, though I am looking forward to next season when he is no longer an option and we have hopefully secured a couple of long term strikers of quality with the money we have accrued from the cup run.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
Mappers
March 20, 2023, 9:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from male private Nale

It would be interesting to know what cash we did get or him before deciding on whether it was good business.

He is currently on £4000 per week at Luton of which we pay 50% to have him returned to us for the season, most of which he has either been injured or ineffective.

He has been a great player for us, though I am looking forward to next season when he is no longer an option and we have hopefully secured a couple of long term strikers of quality with the money we have accrued from the cup run.

I cant see how it wouldnt have been a good deal for us
-Leaves at the end of this season for free anyway
-We get a fee and him loaned back for a season

I think the issue you are reffering to is that IYO he has underperformed this season (which i would actually agree with )

I just hope people dont continually bring him up as one to return in future if he becomes available ,he did well in the NL (which he was a level above ) time for him and us to move on .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
Kris2
March 20, 2023, 9:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Quoted from Mappers

All opinion of course .

He's perhaps become a bit of an Omar Bogle since getting injured and coming back on loan. When he's good he's very good but he has a tendency to get frustrated and take himself out the game. We saw it sometimes in the NL too but he was so beyond that league he was often able to make something happen instead of waste chances by trying to do things on his own. Probably likes to party on his days off a bit too much and became too much of a Billy big boots since signing for Luton for Hurst's liking and he finally put his foot down. He's always been the type of manager who prefers players to be more disciplined and professional.

He's a good player and has been for us since he signed but at this point he should perhaps knuckle down and focus on his own game instead of throwing a tantrum when things aren't going his way.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
acko338
March 20, 2023, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
MCAtee was not the only frustrated player yesterday, as our passing of the ball, when we did get our 20 odd% possession, was rather poor.

Several of Crocombe's kicks out just flew into touch giving the ball steaight back.

Brighton just kept making simple passes to each other, waiting for us to attempt tackles so they could feed the ball through to swift runners.

Town held back and that just made for a slow game in the 1st half. They looked like any through ball correctly made would lead to a chance to score, but didn't pass until a strong run was being made.

Brighton rarely got out of 2nd gear, and didn't need to, really.

In reality, they should have scored more, but didn't have to cheat or foul us like Southampton did.

This was a sharp lesson in patient build ups, accurate passing, and having lively attackers who made runs for each other in turn.

They did to us what we did to Dover, yes it hurts, but it also shows what we need to improve ready for next season at our level.

Anyone got £354 million going spare?

They continually research, they select from the conveyor belt, they improve eager players, they eventually sell at huge profit, and they go back to the conveyor belt again.

We need to set up a lower league level conveyor belt approach !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.