This thread currently has 5,133 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
nedsnags
March 15, 2023, 8:49am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 24
Having supported Town for nearly 60years through thick and thin and been to hundreds of games home and away.The last 12 months have just been incredible.The never say die attitude and f—k you were from Grimsby shown by the players and supporters alike makes me proud to say I’m a Grimsby Town supporter.Come Sunday when Luke leads the players out I’m sure I will have a lump in my throat and a tears in my eyes.Whatever the result  they have done us proud and achieved something that will probably never be repeated.Thanks for the memories Up The Mariners Forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
March 15, 2023, 9:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
thought this was going to be about a fesitval down in Brighton this weekend!  

but thats a wonderful post!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
March 15, 2023, 9:36am
Guest User
Quoted from nedsnags
Having supported Town for nearly 60years through thick and thin and been to hundreds of games home and away.The last 12 months have just been incredible.The never say die attitude and f—k you were from Grimsby shown by the players and supporters alike makes me proud to say I’m a Grimsby Town supporter.Come Sunday when Luke leads the players out I’m sure I will have a lump in my throat and a tears in my eyes.Whatever the result  they have done us proud and achieved something that will probably never be repeated.Thanks for the memories Up The Mariners Forever.

Don't wait another 60 years before you post again.  

I'm sure you've summed up how most of us feel.
Reply: 2 - 38
crusty ole pie
March 15, 2023, 9:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
It’s games like Sunday when I look to sky and say Thankyou dad for making me a mariner 60 years ago x
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2023, 10:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Great post. Hopefully we'll pull off one of the biggest shocks in cup history but if not and if we get a pasting then I hope everyone can still feel proud and make it loud and clear throughout. We're in an FA Cup quarter final and whatever happens on Sunday that's an amazing achievement that needs to be celebrated and enjoyed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
MrThirsty
March 15, 2023, 10:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from nedsnags

Perfect sentiments for me. I first went in 1967 and have travelled a similar journey to you. There have been many ups and downs and I have to admit if the current owners hadn’t stepped in I would have stopped attending and for me that makes the last 18 months even more special. Whatever happens on Sunday I’m glad I can still be proud to be a Mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
cmackenzie4
March 15, 2023, 10:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Win or lose Sunday I will still be proud of this team, we’ve done brilliant to get this far, I do think we’ll see Grimsby back in league 1 within the next few seasons too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
crusty ole pie
March 15, 2023, 10:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
I remember the chant back in the 80s possibly at anfield “ we’re proud of you we’re proud would be great if 5000 of us sang this towards the end regardless of the score
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Poojah
March 15, 2023, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I remember the chant back in the 80s possibly at anfield “ we’re proud of you we’re proud would be great if 5000 of us sang this towards the end regardless of the score

Whatever happens, and I mean whatever, those players deserve the biggest and longest standing ovation imaginable. No doubt whatsoever in my mind that they’ll get it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
jamesgtfc
March 15, 2023, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

Whatever happens, and I mean whatever, those players deserve the biggest and longest standing ovation imaginable. No doubt whatsoever in my mind that they’ll get it.

For the Palace game I was fortunate enough to be in the press box with a poor view of the pitch and the town fans opposite. I could hear you all but couldn't see.

The way all of their fans stayed behind, waited for our players and clapped them off the pitch was a spine tingling moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pride

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.