Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday Night ...Where are we all at.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 212 Guests

Saturday Night ...Where are we all at.

This thread currently has 5,757 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 14, 2023, 8:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from toontown

Not this time but used soccer express in the past and they've been good - however I know others have had issues  but that was more about them withdrawing their coach when there wasn't enough demand for one, won't have that problem!

Thanks!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2023, 2:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Was looking at coach and hotel deal through Soccer Express, staying at the Cavendish in Eastbourne, until I read the reviews for the hotel.  

Decided to go on the Sunday with Soccer Express or Acklams, as they seem the only choice for coaches.

Anyone going with either of those?

Used Soccer Express for the FGR play off game and they were decent. Not used Acklams before.

I would have said that Acklams were ok from what I've seen of them out and about, but then I found out it was one of their fleet that had the "EU//NHS £350 million" on the side of it, so can you actually trust them? 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 47
DB
March 15, 2023, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I would have said that Acklams were ok from what I've seen of them out and about, but then I found out it was one of their fleet that had the "EU//NHS £350 million" on the side of it, so can you actually trust them? 😉

I believe they are the coach company that Town use. So in a nutshell yes you can trust them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 15, 2023, 9:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Gonna be out in brighton saturday night is there any town fan gatherings happening?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2023, 10:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
toontown
March 16, 2023, 9:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Gonna be out in brighton saturday night is there any town fan gatherings happening?

The pier at 5 and then on to somewhere to watch potential opponents in the semi when Man City take on Burnley?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Seagulls over Sussex
March 16, 2023, 1:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +90
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
Staying in the premier inn , Horsham

In the centre of the Market Town

A load of us staying here so either out in Horsham on the Saturday or drive into Brighton

About 18 miles from Horsham to Brighton

Hi,

Brighton fan (STH) in peace (been reading your forum since the draw and using the predictor for a long time before that!)

I live in Horsham, if you are your mates need some pub recommendations, or suggestions on places to eat, let me know.

Remember for the game (if you are getting the train) you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. After that, travel is included in the price of the match ticket.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend (but not too much!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Poojah
March 16, 2023, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508

Hi,

Brighton fan (STH) in peace (been reading your forum since the draw and using the predictor for a long time before that!)

I live in Horsham, if you are your mates need some pub recommendations, or suggestions on places to eat, let me know.

Remember for the game (if you are getting the train) you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. After that, travel is included in the price of the match ticket.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend (but not too much!)

I’m travelling to Brighton tomorrow night and staying there for the weekend, so will be heading to the game via Brighton station. However, I’ll be meeting my mate at the ground who has the tickets; presumably I’ll need to buy a single from Brighton to Falmer, then use my match ticket for the return, correct?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Seagulls over Sussex
March 16, 2023, 1:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +90
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Poojah

I’m travelling to Brighton tomorrow night and staying there for the weekend, so will be heading to the game via Brighton station. However, I’ll be meeting my mate at the ground who has the tickets; presumably I’ll need to buy a single from Brighton to Falmer, then use my match ticket for the return, correct?

Hi mate,

Always enjoy your posts on NSC... (Kuipers Supporters Club on there)

So, just to be clear, you are meeting your mate on matchday at the ground who has the tickets? That's how I've understood it.

The answer is, no. You won't need a ticket to travel from Brighton to Falmer on matchday. There is a dedicated platform / queuing system for fans and tickets aren't checked.

Just give yourself enough time at the station. Southern mucked up last night and there were still fans coming in when March scored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Seagulls eat Haddock
March 16, 2023, 1:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: +299
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Poojah

yeah you wont need your match ticket to get a free train ride to the ground mate, there will be thousands of fans going through - they dont even try to check tickets as its pretty obvious where everyone is going

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday Night ...Where are we all at.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.