Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 242 Guests

Will you renew your season ticket ?
Yes renewing
Not renewing
Not sure
  View Results 167 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Will you renew your ST next season ?

This thread currently has 3,524 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 9, 2023, 7:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 119
As the question says , I will be but at times at those homes I have thought maybe i should leave it and see how we start (if the football is any better )
Logged Online
Private Message
pizzzza
March 9, 2023, 7:41pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mappers
As the question says , I will be but at times at those homes I have thought maybe i should leave it and see how we start (if the football is any better )

How good (or bad) the football is has zero impact on whether I renew or not.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
Mappers
March 9, 2023, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Yeah I get your viewpoint ,its just I do an 8 hr round trip for the home ones and its not always been worth the journey, I was going to more away than home in the conference and enjoyed them more but i started getting the ST to put money into the club rather than put money in the other away clubs pockets that bring about 50 fans to us most weeks lol .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
rancido
March 9, 2023, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
I have held a ST now for 22 years and certainly see no reason why I would not renew next season. Yes, a lot of the football at BP has been generally 'poor fayre'  but this has been an unusual season with many contributory factors. An unexpected promotion, a reduced time transfer window and preparation period in the summer plus new owners who wanted to undo a lot of damage done by the previous incumbent.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
gary_elton
March 9, 2023, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I moved away from the area in 1971... not always able to get back as I was in the Army, so missed many a good season. I attended many away games over the years  plus those Wembley visits. We came back this way just over 2 years ago , and immediately took up season tickets for the 3 of us... I see no reason to not renew, you just never know when that great season will turn up again. Especially now things are generally on the up...  UTM  !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2023, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
No reason not to!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
oochiad
March 9, 2023, 8:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Of course. 180 miles for a home game, I’m not stopping yet just as we start to make a real impression again after all those years……
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Phil the cod
March 9, 2023, 8:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
No won't be renewing, first time season ticket holder this year, but find it too much of a commitment when I also have other hobbies and interests.
Don't think the prices of food and drink are fair either.
Also, if you find yourself sat near some gobshite divvy your kind of screwed if you can't move seats.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
Ashby mariner
March 9, 2023, 10:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Really unsure. I go with my 14 year old lad. Weve been to quite a few away games this year and only missed 2 home games. However he's wanting to do other things on a weekend so om quite torn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
aldi_01
March 9, 2023, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Phil the cod
No won't be renewing, first time season ticket holder this year, but find it too much of a commitment when I also have other hobbies and interests.
Don't think the prices of food and drink are fair either.
Also, if you find yourself sat near some gobshite divvy your kind of screwed if you can't move seats.

What’s a ‘gobshite divvy’ out of interest.

Bloke that sits on the back row near me would certainly ot not fit a stereotype but flipping hell he gets on everyone’s mammaries just wittering on about making subs or slagging off referees at every opportunity whilst ignoring the fact we’re playing shite…I’d call him a ‘gobshite divvy’ but I’m not sure he’s what you’re referring too.

I’ll always have my season ticket, regardless of whether I’ll go. Much like through covid…

The price of food, drinks or who I’m sat near has never been so much as a thought when buying a season ticket.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
mariner tommy
March 9, 2023, 10:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Me and my son will be renewing, we have a moan on the way home, especially after Tuesday, but I know we will.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Norseman
March 9, 2023, 11:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 48
Would renew if we were at Grimsby Borough level .It's my team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
grimsby pete
March 10, 2023, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
To get anywhere near this season's sales will depend on who we sign.

We have a.nice.nest egg from our cup run so hopefully we can get some good signings in.

We might even have a few more fans getting season tickets if the signings please our fan base.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
gtfc_chris
March 10, 2023, 7:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,507
Gold Stars: 115
I haven't been a ST holder since I was a kid but I think we'll be getting them next season, or it has certainly been a positive conversation in the house. My girls will be 8 and 11 at the start of next season and they've had a full season now where they like to go and watch and have done some away days as a family so I think we're ready for the commitment and will hopefully be the start of two more additions to the future fanbase of GTFC.

Only stipulation is that the missus wants main stand by where the players warm up. She picked up against Northampton that Jordan Cropper has 'great' thighs so her plan is to just drool over the players as they warm up. Worthwhile price to pay to get us all in every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
Phil the cod
March 10, 2023, 7:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Bloke that sits on the back row near me would certainly ot not fit a stereotype but flipping hell he gets on everyone’s mammaries just wittering on about making subs or slagging off referees at every opportunity whilst ignoring the fact we’re playing shite…I’d call him a ‘gobshite divvy’ but I’m not sure he’s what you’re referring too.

I’ll always have my season ticket, regardless of whether I’ll go. Much like through covid…

The price of food, drinks or who I’m sat near has never been so much as a thought when buying a season ticket.

It's like this in the lower at times, some of the comments from "people" are cringeworthy.

Attachment: the_hills_have_eyes_cover_4719.png
Size: 182.16 KB

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
Gainsbro_Mariner
March 10, 2023, 7:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
I'm undecided, it was my first season ticket since 2006/07 and despite the username I'm near closer to Newark / Retford these days.

Night games are very hard to get to due to a combination of my job, the other half's and having kids at home. My youngest who does come with me doesn't always fancy it at the weekend but even when we are over my thirsty car ends up supping half a tank of fuel. So that plus, food, drink, programmes and us not home until 6:30/7pm sometimes means it can get an expensive and time consuming hobby (if you can call it one)

Prior to that I probably took in 8/9 home games a season and 2/3 away games. This is probably more viable and I can at least play off my kid wanting to go rather than the feeling of forcing her to come when it's convenient for me. I am not particularly phased about the standard of the football, however we have been somewhat disappointing at home this season which is a shame for all the new ST holders we attracted after the amazing end to last season. I would imagine quite a few of the more modern fans may view it differently to us who have seen the rollercoaster over the past 3 decades and who are more bomb proof to Town's turbulence.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
buckstown
March 10, 2023, 8:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,206
Gold Stars: 79
Think I will. It's 220 miles each way for me but I like knowing I can sit where I want, and I can get tickets for away games.
We tend to make a weekend of it now, Trouble is I've booked the hotel, and just about to set off in the knowledge that the game is in the balance. Same when the queen popped off, got to Donnington services to hear about the cancellation. Just had to spend more time in the Notts and the Cleethorpes taphouse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
Mappers
March 10, 2023, 9:28am
Champagne Drinker
It will be interesting to see how we recruit ,with an extra 1mil probably with this nest egg we should have a top 7 budget you would have thought , want  to see how Hurst uses it ;he doesnt seem to want to ever push the boat out and keeps 'us shape' with the wages but now will be the time to tweek a little surely .

If Notts and Wrexham come up with MK Dons coming down it will probably be as strong a league next season so big improvements are needed especially at home .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2023, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

Aldi, I think you may have identified me with the referee bit, they are my biggest frustration  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
SteffiMariner
March 10, 2023, 9:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
If the poll is an "accurate as you can get given the circumstances", then around 4,000 season ticket holders are looking to renew next season. That is still impressive, and may mean that attendances aren't impacted as groups of seats should be available for people to go with their mates.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
Mappers
March 10, 2023, 9:51am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Phil the cod

It's like this in the lower at times, some of the comments from "people" are cringeworthy.

There is a lady linesperson Saturday,some of the stuff they were saying earlier in the season when we had one crossed the line - I wondered whether they had daughters , and if they did would they stand a chance .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
GtfcGarner
March 10, 2023, 10:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,793
Gold Stars: 26
Unfortunately not as will be moving to Australia permanently in May. Atleast I can spread the good word of Grimsby in the outback.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Yarborough Vaults
March 10, 2023, 2:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Given that many first timers may not renew, it does mean that anyone wanting one for the first time will need to pay full price since the discount period will have passed and there are not many free seats, particularly in the lower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
DB
March 10, 2023, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Unfortunately not as will be moving to Australia permanently in May. Atleast I can spread the good word of Grimsby in the outback.

Best of luck to you, I hope you can settle in ok. At least you can watch all the games, home and away on Mariners TV but you'll have to get up early with the time difference.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
MrThirsty
March 10, 2023, 3:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
There are always a number of games each season that make you wish you hadn’t bothered (and there have been more this season than expected) but sometimes even a dross one nil win can be worth it (beating Stevenage with a last minute goal to stop them going up would be sweet). So as ever, I will renew (but would not last season if we hadn’t got new owners).

With regards people moaning, our group (and we were the third set to do so) moved to get away from someone who simply made matches miserable. It’s alway difficult to completely get away from this and the latest one for me was a couple stating PH was rubbish when we were three nil up against Luton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
lukeo
March 10, 2023, 4:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from gtfc_chris
I haven't been a ST holder since I was a kid but I think we'll be getting them next season, or it has certainly been a positive conversation in the house. My girls will be 8 and 11 at the start of next season and they've had a full season now where they like to go and watch and have done some away days as a family so I think we're ready for the commitment and will hopefully be the start of two more additions to the future fanbase of GTFC.

Only stipulation is that the missus wants main stand by where the players warm up. She picked up against Northampton that Jordan Cropper has 'great' thighs so her plan is to just drool over the players as they warm up. Worthwhile price to pay to get us all in every week.

He may have great thighs but can he score a worldie from 25 yards against Northampton fans? 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
FishOutOfWater
March 10, 2023, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MrThirsty
There are always a number of games each season that make you wish you hadn’t bothered (and there have been more this season than expected) but sometimes even a dross one nil win can be worth it (beating Stevenage with a last minute goal to stop them going up would be sweet). So as ever, I will renew (but would not last season if we hadn’t got new owners).

With regards people moaning, our group (and we were the third set to do so) moved to get away from someone who simply made matches miserable. It’s alway difficult to completely get away from this and the latest one for me was a couple stating PH was rubbish when we were three nil up against Luton.

I don't know if you listen(ed) to Radio Humberside but their presenter Andy Comfort went to the Luton game with his mate ( who's a Town fan ) and he said on air, the day after the game, that he couldn't believe the grief that Hurst was getting in the second half with shouts of "Sort it" coming thick and fast. Some folk just don't get it do they.... 🙄

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 30
Phil the cod
March 10, 2023, 6:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don't know if you listen(ed) to Radio Humberside but their presenter Andy Comfort went to the Luton game with his mate ( who's a Town fan ) and he said on air, the day after the game, that he couldn't believe the grief that Hurst was getting in the second half with shouts of "Sort it" coming thick and fast. Some folk just don't get it do they.... 🙄

And people are perplexed why players won't come here.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Zmariner
March 10, 2023, 7:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
100% yes and in all EFL seasons unconditionally but not if we went down again. Thank goodness for the away form , or we would be getting relegated again. We have been a relegation standard team at home this season but I am 100% in utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
TownSNAFU5
March 10, 2023, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
There should be another option added “Are you getting a season-ticket next season, when you did not have one this season?”.

We had many new STHs this season.  With the cup success, and many fans losing out for the biggest games, there must be fans who will buy a season-ticket next season. Maybe for the first time.  Buying if only for having a better chance of in-demand cup tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
Mappers
March 10, 2023, 8:47pm
Champagne Drinker
For next season we have under contract :

Crocombe
Efete
Maher
Waterfall
Glennon

Clifton
Green
Holahan
Hunt
Khan
Khouri

Orsi

Out
Battersby -retain (can bring in a loan keeper if req short term )
Cropper -Hasnt played so cant really retain even though like the throw
Amos -Hmm depends if we can get better
Pearson - Coaching role 4th/5th choice CB potentially
Emmanuel -No chance of retaining league 1 club probably
Morris -Release -I dont mind him as much as some but too similiar to others under contract
Wearne -Release -Hurst hates wingers so no point
Scannell-Would keep if anywhere near fit but not sure ?
Taylor -Ran into the ground last season did a great job bit have to do better so with a heavy heart release .

So we will have a big rebuild again this summer probably
We need 4 forwards probably ,and hopefully decent quality we cant just keep signing these kids that arent physically ready for sure.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will you renew your ST next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.