Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Selling BHA tickets at 10pm (online at midnight)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

What's your stance?
All fine by me (25 votes)
22.52%
A terrible call - club needs to u-turn now (69 votes)
62.16%
Couldn't care less (17 votes)
15.32%
111 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Selling BHA tickets at 10pm (online at midnight)

This thread currently has 1,776 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Let's just get a quick sense of sentiment.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
diehardmariner
March 7, 2023, 3:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
You've missed the Ant & Dec 'now make them freeze' meme option.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Club staff open the ticket office as Brighton sales commence.

[img]https://comb.io/vsOMwt.gif[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Poojah
March 7, 2023, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Less than 3 hours to go, and 70%+ think it’s a bad idea and needs reconsidering by the club, and only 15% thinking the current plan is ok. Granted, not a massive sample size, but sufficient to help read the room, no?

A mate is taking one for the team for our group and queueing after the game, but I still this is the worst idea in the history of entertainment since Abraham Lincoln said, "I'm sick of kicking around the house all day, let's go take in a show.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
HerveJosse
March 7, 2023, 5:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,212
Gold Stars: 144
Who are these 15 % who think it’s a good ideal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Yarborough Vaults
March 7, 2023, 5:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I think it's a good idea. The only section I can see who may be aggrieved are the ghost season ticket holders who don't show up.

It's a fair way of rewarding attendance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Wiley2405
March 7, 2023, 5:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
I’m not bothered, they’re not gonna sell out from 10pm from sales from the club shop. They’re not gonna sell out overnight through online sales are they? It’s not that deep. Just go when you can or order when you can in the season ticket window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 7, 2023, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,908
Gold Stars: 180
When the fixture was known, the club should’ve contacted season ticket holders and asked them  to register their interest in going and if they would like a ticket. Am sure this then would’ve then helped to whittle down the numbers and ask the further question if they would be buying online or from the offices.

Really feel for the staff having to work and those that will be queuing after the game/waiting til midnight to order online. Maybe the club could’ve even asked some of the larger clubs how they get around the supply/demand conundrum

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
immariner
March 7, 2023, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Wiley2405
I’m not bothered, they’re not gonna sell out from 10pm from sales from the club shop. They’re not gonna sell out overnight through online sales are they? It’s not that deep. Just go when you can or order when you can in the season ticket window.

Let's say 3500 ST holders want one and half the remainder are sorting out a non-ST holder mate or family member, it's going to be tight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
jimgtfc
March 7, 2023, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Wiley2405

I think you’re missing the main concerns though, it’s not about ticket availability, it’s about the possibility of a couple of thousand people deciding not to gamble and make sure they’re in that queue. Having to miss some of tonight’s game and the logistics of the queue are just unnecessary dilemmas.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Selling BHA tickets at 10pm (online at midnight)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.