lee65
March 6, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Wedidntdidwe
Hopefully we're not back in for Dallas in the summer, he's turned us down twice now so his heart won't be in Grimsby.
I'd hope with the increased budget we'll be after better players than Dallas.

Totally agree, sod him !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
chaos33
March 6, 2023, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 361
Gamble for an EFL club. Decent at NL level. Might not be as good as he and his agent think he is, but spurned a golden chance to progress when he said ‘no thanks’ to us in my eyes.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
HertsGTFC
March 6, 2023, 6:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
It may have been mentioned above but this may have also been driven by SHM as they’ll need to get something for him before he walks away for free.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
toontown
March 6, 2023, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from chaos33
Without knowing all the details, I’ll stick my neck out here and say he’s called this badly. I reckon they’ll struggle to get promoted - he might do ok but he might get injured and he’ll be playing NL next season in all likelihood.
Could’ve come to a big, well supported EFL club a few weeks ago, got involved in a big cup run, a play off campaign next season and improved himself. Still gonna be playing Dorking and Eastleigh and Maidenhead for the foreseeable.

But it's only a loan until the end  of the season so he's no worse off than staying at Solihull, and more likely to be involved in meaningful games and a playoff campaig  than at mid table Solihull. Works for chesterfield. Works for Dallas, and makes sense for Solihull to at least get a loan fee now their season is all but over when he walks for nothing in a few weeks. It Has no effect on him signing for whoever he wants invthe summer, if anything it puts him in the shop window more if he scores in a playoff game against Wrexham or notts say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
mariner91
March 6, 2023, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
He will always have the honour of providing one of the most important assists in this club’s history. Thanks Andrew, enjoy non-league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
chaos33
March 6, 2023, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from toontown

But it's only a loan until the end  of the season so he's no worse off than staying at Solihull, and more likely to be involved in meaningful games and a playoff campaig  than at mid table Solihull. Works for chesterfield. Works for Dallas, and makes sense for Solihull to at least get a loan fee now their season is all but over when he walks for nothing in a few weeks. It Has no effect on him signing for whoever he wants invthe summer, if anything it puts him in the shop window more if he scores in a playoff game against Wrexham or notts say.

Let’s see. Hope it works for him. Could’ve pressed fast forward on his career.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
DaleH
March 6, 2023, 7:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Was it ever actually confirmed that Dallas was the player we was in for that turned us down ?

Boston Utd’s Pollock has signed for Yeovil

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
Marinerdan
March 6, 2023, 7:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
SM have just lost another player to Wrexham so I’m guessing they’re trying to save a few quid for next season.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dallas end up somewhere like Motherwell next year.

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
jamesgtfc
March 6, 2023, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Looks like Solihull have accepted this season is over. Dallas out on loan who will have been on decent money and they have replaced him with Jake Day for Northern Premier League side Guiseley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
chaos33
March 6, 2023, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Bald men fighting over a comb.
EFL chance at a big club was there. Blew it.
Faffing about in the NL with a ‘strategy’ is great I’m sure.
On loan, no guarantees. Doesn’t have any security for next season or beyond. Ain’t gonna be ‘big money’ for anyone now. Hope it works out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andrew Dallas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.