Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 4,938 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
March 4, 2023, 11:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Chrisblor
Think there's approximately a 0.000001% chance of keeping Emmanuel. He's so far above this level it isn't even funny. Nailed on he'll have a hatful of league one and championship clubs in for him in the Summer.

Well that's better than no chance .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
SouthLakesMariner
March 5, 2023, 12:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
I thought we were excellent for the first 30mins today, outplaying an in form team. Hunt was running the midfield but it was his mistake for the goal and his confidence and the whole team’s performance never recovered.

Another impressive late cameo from Khouri - when we’re resting players, he surely has to be a better option than one or two who made the starting 11 today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
forza ivano
March 5, 2023, 1:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I’m not so sure about this ^^ . There’s no doubt he’s a quality player but to say he can choose his options when every year there’s a conveyer belt of younger , fitter players available mean he has to be wise with his choice of contracts on offer . A good player who played a massive part in our recent success but has had to drop down to L2 for a reason. Time for him to recognise we’re not just some sh.ite team and get onboard for a go .

i hope you're right, but tbh hes too good for us. fully expect him to be at a top half L1 side next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
ginnywings
March 5, 2023, 2:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I reckon that PH thought, even if he puts all the best players in the starting 11, they would be so knackered that we would probably still lose anyway, so may as well see what the fringe players have to offer and keep the better players for the two upcoming games we have a better chance of winning.

Nobody staked a claim with a scintillating performance, so come Tuesday, all the rested players will be back, fit and firing.

Four or six points from the two upcoming games will see us well placed for the rest of the season and beyond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
pen penfras
March 5, 2023, 8:25am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I’m not so sure about this ^^ . There’s no doubt he’s a quality player but to say he can choose his options when every year there’s a conveyer belt of younger , fitter players available mean he has to be wise with his choice of contracts on offer . A good player who played a massive part in our recent success but has had to drop down to L2 for a reason. Time for him to recognise we’re not just some sh.ite team and get onboard for a go .

If he stays fit until the end of the season, he'll have offers of double what we'll pay. No chance he stays.

He didn't drop down because he's on the decline. He's 25 and had issues. Is proving he's ready to play and will end up somewhere that matches his ability. Which is not in L2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2023, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
I reckon that PH thought, even if he puts all the best players in the starting 11, they would be so knackered that we would probably still lose anyway, so may as well see what the fringe players have to offer and keep the better players for the two upcoming games we have a better chance of winning.

Nobody staked a claim with a scintillating performance, so come Tuesday, all the rested players will be back, fit and firing.

Four or six points from the two upcoming games will see us well placed for the rest of the season and beyond.

We need 12 points from 15 games to get to the magic 50, a strong finish will keep the interest alive into next season though.

Tondour & Kev Drinkell where referencing the threat of the drop yesterday on RH, seemed like quite an odd topic to me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
Madeleymariner
March 5, 2023, 10:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Win the next 2 games and I can't see any of he bottom 3 getting near to catching us  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
Limerick Mariner
March 5, 2023, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner
I thought we were excellent for the first 30mins today, outplaying an in form team. Hunt was running the midfield but it was his mistake for the goal and his confidence and the whole team’s performance never recovered.

Another impressive late cameo from Khouri - when we’re resting players, he surely has to be a better option than one or two who made the starting 11 today.

Do we know who is actually injured rather rested? I understand there is one of our normal starters?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
marinerjase
March 5, 2023, 12:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
PH said after game they’d be ok for Tuesday whoever it is/was

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2023, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Win the next 2 games and I can't see any of he bottom 3 getting near to catching us  

We’re 13 points ahead of Rochdale with 4 games in hand, I know they won yesterday against a highly ranked side but that would be one massive gap to overtake.

Crawley have played a game more than us and are 12 points behind, off the pitch they’ve gone bonkers.

Hartlepool, they have a 9 point gap but have played 4 games more.

Colchester and Newport lost yesterday and Gillingham v Harrogate was a good result for us, a draw.

We have to play all of them, with 2 of those games at home.

We won’t get relegated, 12 points from 15 games will be done.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.