3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 2, 2023, 2:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,643
Gold Stars: 189
To be fair, their midfielder (Lavia, I think?) did look pretty good. We couldn't get close to him. £50 million, though? That's crazy money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
pontoonlew
March 2, 2023, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
The subs were all great last night, thought him & Taylor made a massive difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
RonMariner
March 2, 2023, 3:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Khouri, Hunt, Clifton, Holohan, Green, we have some great midfield options for the run in. Hope they are all here next season when I think we can have a serious tilt at promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Marinerdan
March 2, 2023, 3:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Maringer
To be fair, their midfielder (Lavia, I think?) did look pretty good. We couldn't get close to him. £50 million, though? That's crazy money.

Yeah he did look to be their best player. The two lads up from for them cost just over £30m between them.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
forza ivano
March 2, 2023, 3:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
I've said it before, if harry does go then I think weve already got the perfect replacement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
jamesgtfc
March 2, 2023, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano
I've said it before, if harry does go then I think weve already got the perfect replacement

I was told last season by someone at the club that Hurst wouldn't let Khouri out on loan because he was so close to the first team. With the games stacking up, I think he will get a few opportunities over the next 2 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Gaffer58
March 2, 2023, 5:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Is he another one that Woods has brought through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
gtfc_chris
March 2, 2023, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,506
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Gaffer58
Is he another one that Woods has brought through.

If I remember rightly I'm sure he was at West Ham going through the academy ages and arrived with us as an U18, similar to Ryan Bennett.

When he had a few games in the relegation season I thought he looked decent and thought we might see him last season, but I don't recall many games he had substantial involvement in (but my memory is suspect at best).

The times I've seen him this season I haven't been overly impressed and thought he was better 18 months ago, hasn't always been up to the speed of the game and wayward with his passing.

Last night however I think he showed a little more of why Hurst see's enough in him to not let him go out on loan and quite possibly might have given PH some food for thought, particular if he perhaps thinks Morris has had a little dip in form. To have a good young CM already on the books that can hopefully develop in the same manner as Clifton is great for the club and hopefully he does get a little more time on the pitch to build on his impressive stint last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Rodley Mariner
March 2, 2023, 5:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from pontoonlew
The subs were all great last night, thought him & Taylor made a massive difference

We said the same - he got them all spot on and each one made a difference.Propee squad effort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 2, 2023, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I was told last season by someone at the club that Hurst wouldn't let Khouri out on loan because he was so close to the first team. With the games stacking up, I think he will get a few opportunities over the next 2 months.

If we reach a clearly safe point in the league he should be in the starting line up, give him first team experience but with no pressure and readying him for next season. Take a longer term view.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Evan Khouri

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.