3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
March 1, 2023, 11:14pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
From someone who was only able to watch the game on tv tonight a big appreciation to all the town fans who went to the game and sang their hearts out all night, the noise from them was non stop and something that made me very proud to be a town fan. The noise that came across you would have thought we were the home team and something that my new best friend Ally McCoist mentioned many times during the game. Well done guys you were unbelievable.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
March 1, 2023, 11:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,791
Gold Stars: 226
Yes. proud of them, proud of the players, proud of the club.

What a great night to be a Town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
jamesgtfc
March 1, 2023, 11:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Town fans were loud and proud on the TV. Plenty of "who the fùck are you?" on the TV. The huge roar when Walcott had his goal disallowed too, well done all of you that went!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
dapperz fun pub
March 1, 2023, 11:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Currently being diverted round Oxfordshire ffs but after that performance from the team and the fans couldn’t give a fook
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
grimsby pete
March 2, 2023, 12:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Even made the 10 o clock news.

Harry is back and the nation is looking forward to seeing him and our fantastic fans at Brighton.

Well done to all proud of you.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
gtfc_chris
March 2, 2023, 12:41am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,508
Gold Stars: 115
WHAT. A. RESULT!!!!!

Still envious in a way towards those who got to witness that first hand but that’s just a matter of circumstance and how amazing for the 4000+ mariners fans who were present.

I don’t think there are words to describe how incredible our support sounded from the TV and if that’s the diluted version the actual reality of being there I can only dream of, hence my envy.

So much in love with PH, the players and the fans (most notably the ones there but fans everywhere tonight) right now it kills me.

A huge well done to all who were there no matter how far or short the journey, you did the club proud - as did the players - and for anyone staying the night, whether planned or otherwise, carry on raising the roof and have a belter!!

Up The Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2023, 12:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I went with a Saints supporter and sat down the side, I was so proud of our support they sounded brilliant and just showed what we’re about

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
The Caterham Mariner
March 2, 2023, 12:47am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Well I can say I was there  unreal  to say the least..My ears are bleeding ..Messages from Non Town Fans from work  " You are amazing away support!"  = palace fan at that  .
I am going to work head  held high  Friday
" Who the F@$k are You!"
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
RichMariner
March 2, 2023, 12:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
When Town fans were celebrating the first goal McCoist remarked how he'd rather be in the stand with us in that moment than sat in the commentary box!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
toontown
March 2, 2023, 1:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Enjoyed this post on saints forum:

My wife came into my man cave to check that I was ok as she heard me groaning. After watching about a minute

she remarked that Grimsby have a nice ground. When I corrected her and told her that Saints were at home she

said it sounded like  Grimsby were at home as they were making all the noise
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town fans tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.