4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
February 27, 2023, 12:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Allocated seating or a free for all 🤷🏼‍♂️ had a mixture of both this season at the away games I’ve been to
Logged Online
Private Message
Wiley2405
February 27, 2023, 3:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
It’ll be difficult to steward potentially 4,500 thousand Town fans to their seats. You might get the odd Karen that wants people to move so they can get in there seat but allocated seating can potentially kill atomosphere at times so hopefully it’ll be a free for all.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Bignic69
February 27, 2023, 4:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
If i was going on my own i wouldnt mind where i was sat. I'm taking my wife and lad so i'll be wanting the seats my tickets state.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
Mariner_09
February 27, 2023, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Bignic69
If i was going on my own i wouldnt mind where i was sat. I'm taking my wife and lad so i'll be wanting the seats my tickets state.

The problem is, if you're a group of people who've bought individually but normally sit together, you'll naturally congregate with your mates, allocated or not allocated. Hence specific seats always falls into disarray.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 4:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Bignic69

Yes i am going on my own  will go to allocated seat , But if it's "Cack!" will be looking at moving to a better location.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
cardiffmariner
February 27, 2023, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Wiley2405
It’ll be difficult to steward potentially 4,500 thousand Town fans to their seats. You might get the odd Karen that wants people to move so they can get in there seat but allocated seating can potentially kill atomosphere at times so hopefully it’ll be a free for all.

That’s all well and good but I’ll be with my wife and kids and don’t know how early we can get there. If we turn up 15 minutes before kick off I think it’s reasonable to expect my four seats together. Bought mine at the end of the rush so expect to be in a top corner somewhere anyway!

Hopefully it’ll all work out and I expect the atmosphere to be good regardless.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Poojah
February 27, 2023, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
I would think, with Southampton being a PL club and having sold out away ends every week, that allocated seating will be enforced to some degree.

I think we’ve got 9 separate blocks allocated to us (40 to 48 ), some naturally more appealing than others. It’s going to get quite messy if you’ve got large groups of people randomly trying to access sections which may or may not be already full.

Frankly I’d pay good money not to sit with my mates, but I can understand that families will want to sit together. As of this morning, we’d sold almost 90% of our allocation so there won’t be banks of spare seats for people to find.

Fairly sure Palace and Chelsea were allocated seating. I’d be surprised if this was any different, personally.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
Grantham_Mariner
February 27, 2023, 4:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Its not Blundell Park, every seat has a good view.

PS. if anybody sits in my seat I will set Mrs Grantham Mariner on them, believe me you don't want that.    

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
oochiad
February 27, 2023, 4:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
I’m disabled and my seat isn’t in the disabled section as there isn’t enough. My seat is accessible though from the stairs that come into the stand easy enough, I’ll need that seat not one on row OO or NN as they’ll be to many stairs. I hope people will be reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Gaffer58
February 27, 2023, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
So it appears that some people on here just sit in any seat they fancy, wonder if they do the same at the cinema, or on an airplane?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
GrimExile
February 27, 2023, 5:19pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Poojah
I would think, with Southampton being a PL club and having sold out away ends every week, that allocated seating will be enforced to some degree.

I think we’ve got 9 separate blocks allocated to us (40 to 48 ), some naturally more appealing than others. It’s going to get quite messy if you’ve got large groups of people randomly trying to access sections which may or may not be already full.

Frankly I’d pay good money not to sit with my mates, but I can understand that families will want to sit together. As of this morning, we’d sold almost 90% of our allocation so there won’t be banks of spare seats for people to find.

Fairly sure Palace and Chelsea were allocated seating. I’d be surprised if this was any different, personally.

Crystal Palace was 100% allocated seating because my son could not sit next to me and his mum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
headingly_mariner
February 27, 2023, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
It's allocated seating. I think most people will be in their seats fairly early anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
pizzzza
February 27, 2023, 5:55pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Gaffer58
So it appears that some people on here just sit in any seat they fancy, wonder if they do the same at the cinema, or on an airplane?

Doesn't everyone sit where they like at the cinema?

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
aldi_01
February 27, 2023, 6:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
With allocated seating being rarely enforced, when it is it’s always a farce.

Just sit in a seat. Nobody will be sat on Wednesday anyway…

I remember the cup game at Scunny, we all know the one, massive accident, delay to fans entering the ground…some bloke got in 10 minutes before half time and kicked off with a steward because someone was in his seat…a single seat…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Son of Cod
February 27, 2023, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from oochiad
I’m disabled and my seat isn’t in the disabled section as there isn’t enough. My seat is accessible though from the stairs that come into the stand easy enough, I’ll need that seat not one on row OO or NN as they’ll be to many stairs. I hope people will be reasonable.

I'm sure they will be and on the incredibly slim chance of them not being, I'm sure the nearest steward will assist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
thevera
February 27, 2023, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from aldi_01
With allocated seating being rarely enforced, when it is it’s always a farce.

Just sit in a seat. Nobody will be sat on Wednesday anyway…

I remember the cup game at Scunny, we all know the one, massive accident, delay to fans entering the ground…some bloke got in 10 minutes before half time and kicked off with a steward because someone was in his seat…a single seat…

What an incredibly selfish attitude!
“Just sit in a seat” possibly the one that Oochaid has gone to great lengths to get so as to make his day as comfortable as possible. And while you’re at it let’s stand up all game so we can cause more discomfort for some of our less mobile fellow mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
aldi_01
February 27, 2023, 7:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from thevera

What an incredibly selfish attitude!
“Just sit in a seat” possibly the one that Oochaid has gone to great lengths to get so as to make his day as comfortable as possible. And while you’re at it let’s stand up all game so we can cause more discomfort for some of our less mobile fellow mariners.

So what happens when it’s not allocated seating, which is generally the outcome at almost every single away game…

County away in the league last year, plenty of folk stood up down the front did a cracking job of making sure the disabled supporters down the front could see and celebrate…I’ve also given over my seat to someone who’d prefer it many a time.

Allocated seating at away games never works really, not when it’s fans that aren’t used to it…not even sure I sat in my purchased seat for the playoff final…seemed to be about 8 people too many on the row…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
Davec
February 27, 2023, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I am going with 3 others, and all our tickets are scattered about all over the place, none of us are together, we have decided to hopefully stand where the main atmosphere is, everybody in that section will be stood up, nobody will be in seats as there will be more people than seats in that area clearly, I'll be surprised if an elderly or disabled person who has an allocated seat in that section will still be there as they won't see anything!

Also I will add me and the 3 others purchased all together literally, simultaneously online late at night, but despite this we are all scattered about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 7:45pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

Do you remember "easyjet" before they were allocated seating = yuk !! But yes get your point.

In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 7:45pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58

Do you remember "easyjet" before they were allocated seating = yuk !! But yes get your point.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
headingly_mariner
February 27, 2023, 7:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Davec
I am going with 3 others, and all our tickets are scattered about all over the place, none of us are together, we have decided to hopefully stand where the main atmosphere is, everybody in that section will be stood up, nobody will be in seats as there will be more people than seats in that area clearly, I'll be surprised if an elderly or disabled person who has an allocated seat in that section will still be there as they won't see anything!

Also I will add me and the 3 others purchased all together literally, simultaneously online late at night, but despite this we are all scattered about.

Why didn't one of you just buy 3 tickets together?
For this game it was a piece of urine to get tickets together. You could have still got tickets  together if you bought today or swapped them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 8:00pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Crikey !!!
Having read all this I am definitely going to my allocated seat early and hope i dont sit next to a "Town expert pundit " who insists on wanting to talk through 90 mins of the game.
Nor do i want to be within shouting distance of the bloke who knows the football rule book inside out and has not done  a referee's course.
But a group area of supporting fans cheering on in good voice the "Town" and not moaning that someone  is waving an inflatable in their face.
Other than that hope i enjoy the game as a "Billy no mates" fan on his own.
See you there
UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 8:00pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Crikey !!!
Having read all this I am definitely going to my allocated seat early and hope i dont sit next to a "Town expert pundit " who insists on wanting to talk through 90 mins of the game.
Nor do i want to be within shouting distance of the bloke who knows the football rule book inside out and has not done  a referee's course.
But a group area of supporting fans cheering on in good voice the "Town" and not moaning that someone  is waving an inflatable in their face.
Other than that hope i enjoy the game as a "Billy no mates" fan on his own.
See you there
UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
aldi_01
February 27, 2023, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Cheer up, could be much worse…you could be stood next to some horrifyingly obese Geordie who thinks it’s cool and funny to take his top off…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
The Caterham Mariner
February 27, 2023, 8:52pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Cheer up, could be much worse…you could be stood next to some horrifyingly obese Geordie who thinks it’s cool and funny to take his top off…

Pack it in you'd put me off going !!
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
NorthLondonMariner
February 27, 2023, 9:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GrimExile

Crystal Palace was 100% allocated seating because my son could not sit next to me and his mum.

Badly managed though, at least in the block I was in at the front by the corner flag. At least 100 bellends took other people's seats and the stewards couldn't deal with it. Me & my friend eventually got near to our seats, but had to be pretty forceful and took no excrement from all the gobshites. But several groups of families with small kids had to be relocated elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
thornemariner
February 27, 2023, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
I get to plenty of PL games as an away fan and they are all allocated seating. It seems that fans are capable of using their allocated seats too. If we want to sit with our friends we book our seats together via linked accounts. It isn't rocket science.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Davec
February 28, 2023, 3:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Just to clarify something, we did try to book tickets together online during the season ticket sale window using linked accounts, you could only buy a max of 2, so there was 2 of us buying online simultaneously late at night and we must have purchased them within 10 seconds of each other, despite this we are still scattered about, am I moaning?  No I'm not, just happy to be there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
grimps
February 28, 2023, 4:30am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Well it looks like there will be 5-600 unsold seats anyway so I’m sure there will be plenty of space for people that want to sit with their mates
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
aldi_01
February 28, 2023, 6:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from thornemariner
I get to plenty of PL games as an away fan and they are all allocated seating. It seems that fans are capable of using their allocated seats too. If we want to sit with our friends we book our seats together via linked accounts. It isn't rocket science.

Probably more to do with the draconian measures plenty of premier league clubs out in place to minimise any potential fun.

Remember going to to Leicester v Chelsea in the league cup. I just stood in the aisle all game, got chatting to a Chelsea fan and he was saying it’s a regular occurrence for someone’s ST to be suspended for very little…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
Son of Cod
February 28, 2023, 8:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Badly managed though, at least in the block I was in at the front by the corner flag. At least 100 bellends took other people's seats and the stewards couldn't deal with it. Me & my friend eventually got near to our seats, but had to be pretty forceful and took no excrement from all the gobshites. But several groups of families with small kids had to be relocated elsewhere.

Palace seemed massively understaffed in terms of security. The most telling evidence of that was the shower of plastic Carlsberg bottles that rained onto the pitch when the Fox/Townsend decision got overturned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
thornemariner
February 28, 2023, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +665
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from aldi_01

Probably more to do with the draconian measures plenty of premier league clubs out in place to minimise any potential fun.

Remember going to to Leicester v Chelsea in the league cup. I just stood in the aisle all game, got chatting to a Chelsea fan and he was saying it’s a regular occurrence for someone’s ST to be suspended for very little…

I've moved seats sometimes (when there are spaces) to join friends but only when it is clear there are no-shows rather than late arrivals.

If a game is designated unallocated seating then fair enough but the taking of other people's seats when otherwise just creates problems like the musical chairs you get on trains when folk sit in reserved seats and hope that those they are intended for back off and go elsewhere, if there is anywhere else to sit.

I think the PL is overhyped but the major issue affecting enjoyment for me is VAR, not any ground restrictions.

As for the Brentford issue raised elsewhere, I don't actually agree with their somewhat draconian policy regarding penalisation of non-attendees, but I understand it to be part of their campaign against touts, a real problem since 2019 and the last season at Griffin Park. Some have bought season tickets purely to sell on their seat for the bigger games and frequently to away supporters and I'm glad they are being rooted out.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
diehardmariner
February 28, 2023, 9:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from aldi_01

So what happens when it’s not allocated seating, which is generally the outcome at almost every single away game…

County away in the league last year, plenty of folk stood up down the front did a cracking job of making sure the disabled supporters down the front could see and celebrate…I’ve also given over my seat to someone who’d prefer it many a time.

Allocated seating at away games never works really, not when it’s fans that aren’t used to it…not even sure I sat in my purchased seat for the playoff final…seemed to be about 8 people too many on the row…

If anyone can't figure out the difference, or how to cope, with allocated and unallocated seating then they probably shouldn't leave their home, never mind go to a football game.

Personally it doesn't bother me if it's allocated or unallocated, but knowing it's allocated I'll sit in the seat I bought.  It's not rocket science!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Allocated seating

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.