Rick12
February 23, 2023, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

Buying a ST is a commitment and in some respects it’s your choice whether you go or not.
Very true Aldi. For me as much as I like football its not the be all and end all of everything.
Work and family commitments for one come first for me and likewise they often impinge on weekends when the football is mainly on  as Iam sure they do for others as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
White_shorts
February 24, 2023, 5:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
Some of the posts here make my blood boil.

You should buy a season ticket if you intend to go to most if not all home games.  As a token of appreciation, the club gives you a discount that equates to a few free matches.

It appears this year that a lot of people bought season tickets because the team was on the up and there was a chance we'd get a big club in a cup competition.  You should think about the local youngsters who have yet to fall in love with the Mariners because they can't get seats with their parents.

Selfish, inconsiderate ****s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
aldi_01
February 25, 2023, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from White_shorts

You should buy a season ticket if you intend to go to most if not all home games.  As a token of appreciation, the club gives you a discount that equates to a few free matches.

It appears this year that a lot of people bought season tickets because the team was on the up and there was a chance we'd get a big club in a cup competition.  You should think about the local youngsters who have yet to fall in love with the Mariners because they can't get seats with their parents.

Given the amount of money handed over to the club, quite easily by season ticket holders over the years, especially given how badly run the club has been and the lack of any investment, I’m not sure the club can moan. They’re lucky there’s season ticket holders left.

This happens at every club and it’s the right of the STH weather to turn up.

We’re hardly flipping turning anymore then a hundred away a week…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
lukeo
February 25, 2023, 11:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Plenty of seats in the osmond B area for people who want to sit in groups... the rest of the ground is virtually full bar a few restricted seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
golfer
February 25, 2023, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from White_shorts

Why don't the parents get the youngsters and themselves season tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
mariner tommy
February 25, 2023, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin
There a seat in the row in front of me. Showing reserved so it should be a ST but it's been empty every league game so far.

There’s one right in front of me also, in the Main Stand. Not been sat in all season.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
ginnywings
February 25, 2023, 6:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quite a collection of empty seats around me today.

Still, over 6000 again, which considering our home form, is good, and a massive improvement over recent times.

Maybe a few saving their pennies for Wednesday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
aldi_01
February 25, 2023, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I know of a season ticket holder who went to a few at the start and then commitments and then serious illness meant they’ve been unable to attend since, not entirely sure they’re selfish twits.

I think this is just this years season long moan. We love something to moan about and this year it’s STH not turning up. Won’t be an issue next year when we only sell 4-5k again…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
Stadium
February 25, 2023, 9:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from White_shorts

You do have to laugh at nonsense like this.
How on earth do you know the circumstances of individual ST holders?
And tbh it's no concern to you.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
TuckerJenkins
February 25, 2023, 10:52pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Some people I know pay for a season ticket and then pay 10 quid again to watch it online when they can't go. Hardly selfish.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Empty seats

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.