Lincoln Mariner 56
February 22, 2023, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from rancido

I noticed the constant 2 defenders on Emmanuel, which made it more surprising that we didn't switch the play to the left more often to create more gaps.

Said to my lad that they were very tight on Emmanuel and this restricted his influence on the play to three or four outstanding dribbles/crosses so was very surprised he was given MOM. As for switching the play we have to remember that looks an easy ball sat in the Upper so, despite my previous criticism of our midfield, I accept it’s not that easy out on the pitch to put into action. Probably explains a lot of the passing between defenders as they search for an opportunity to find people further forwards who really demand the ball off them.

As others have said throw ins are just an embarrassment as players just stand with their hands on their hips hoping someone else will get the ball.

On a positive note thought defensively we looked very secure and hopefully that will be the case again on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
ginnywings
February 22, 2023, 1:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid

Please tell me where you sit Ginny😂 gave us a presence in up top that we sorely miss, and looks to bring others into play. Theres a bloke on twitter at it, asking why Taylor is even on the bench, absolutely clueless

We sit down the bottom rows of the Upper, so you will probably notice us when my brother finally pops.  

He's not as placid as me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
rancido
February 22, 2023, 5:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Said to my lad that they were very tight on Emmanuel and this restricted his influence on the play to three or four outstanding dribbles/crosses so was very surprised he was given MOM. As for switching the play we have to remember that looks an easy ball sat in the Upper so, despite my previous criticism of our midfield, I accept it’s not that easy out on the pitch to put into action. Probably explains a lot of the passing between defenders as they search for an opportunity to find people further forwards who really demand the ball off them.

As others have said throw ins are just an embarrassment as players just stand with their hands on their hips hoping someone else will get the ball.

On a positive note thought defensively we looked very secure and hopefully that will be the case again on Saturday.

I get that but, especially in the first half, I got the Impression that Glennon had been instructed to push up wide when we had the ball in defence, especially if no opposing player went to mark him.. If that was the case then the whole team would have known of this tactic.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
A Brace Of Tees
February 22, 2023, 7:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
As soon as he came on, the goons behind me started berating him. It's getting boring now and my brother is going to pop soon. He was seething.

Sorry to hear that Ginny. Sadly there are some very very stupid people who continuously spout an awful lot of shite at Blundell Park. And that, I'm afraid, won't ever change.

Be thankful  that there are, mercifully, enough people there with a modicum of intelligence to realise the value of Taylor's contribution.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
chaos33
February 22, 2023, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,977
Gold Stars: 361
I’ve found, in life, that often, the people with the most vociferous, certain, furious opinion, are the least informed.
Brexit and some BP attendees being good examples of that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
OddShapedBalls
February 24, 2023, 4:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from chaos33
I’ve found, in life, that often, the people with the most vociferous, certain, furious opinion, are the least informed.

'The emptiest vessel makes the loudest sound' - Plato (not the touring car driver)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
golfer
February 24, 2023, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from chaos33

Narcissist calling narcissists narcissistically  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2023, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
Son of Cod
February 25, 2023, 12:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
'kin 'ell Matt Dean griefing him on his life plans at the end there, bit much that. Leave the poor guy alone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.