2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
February 10, 2023, 7:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
I can't remember the exact wording but the Barnet quote from Paul Hurst sums up the last regime . It's just so unprofessional

Would you want an over night stay for the Barnet game ?

Yes .

We don't do over night stays at Barnet

No then

What sort of person asks a question like that at a professional interview? PH and RS should of run as fast as they could back to Boston . I bet this story is just the tip of the iceberg during his first stint here . I'd love to read the book
Private Message
crusty ole pie
February 10, 2023, 7:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from It Bites
I can't remember the exact wording but the Barnet quote from Paul Hurst sums up the last regime . It's just so unprofessional

Yes .

No then

What sort of person asks a question like that at a professional interview? PH and RS should of run as fast as they could back to Boston . I bet this story is just the tip of the iceberg during his first stint here . I'd love to read the book

Be a bit like the George Kerr book not available until he has met  his maker ( George’s words not mine )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
pizzzza
February 10, 2023, 8:22am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from It Bites

Yes .

No then

The thing is... and this is what makes it an even stranger question... when PH and RS joined in 2011 Barnet were in a different division to Town (as they were in 2020-21 when PH would have had his interview before the start of his second stint)

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Mariner_09
February 10, 2023, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I suspect the second interview in 2020 was more him interviewing us to make sure Fenty really was going!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
TheultimateMariner
February 10, 2023, 11:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mariner_09
I suspect the second interview in 2020 was more him interviewing us to make sure Fenty really was going!

I remember saying at the time that the takeover must be 100% on, as there was no way Hursty was coming back under Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 10, 2023, 1:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Mariner_09

Will he still have a place on the board?

No Paul

Will he get a seat in the ground?

No Paul

Will he get a parking space?

No Paul

Will I have to talk to him?

No Paul

I'll think about it.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Kris2
February 10, 2023, 3:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Didn't he show up in his seat like nothing happened after selling the club until social media hounded him out? Seem to recall him being there for a while and the people around him shaking his hand and sucking up.  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Rob_in_Grimsby
February 10, 2023, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Kris2
Didn't he show up in his seat like nothing happened after selling the club until social media hounded him out? Seem to recall him being there for a while and the people around him shaking his hand and sucking up.  

John came for a few games after the agreement to sell the club  with his terminally ill brother,
PH was interviewed by the new owners not JF as they  took over the day to day  running of the club by then just not officially as the legal stuff was still going through.

PH jokingly said last night it was the only time he had disagreed with the new owners over staying overnight,

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Poojah
February 10, 2023, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

PH jokingly said last night it was the only time he had disagreed with the new owners over staying overnight,

I think you’ve misunderstood who Hursty was referring to when he made that comment.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Mikey_345
February 10, 2023, 4:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,539
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

John came for a few games after the agreement to sell the club  with his terminally ill brother,
PH was interviewed by the new owners not JF as they  took over the day to day  running of the club by then just not officially as the legal stuff was still going through.

Nah, you've misunderstood it I think - he was definitely talking about Fenty. JS & AP didn't own the club when he was re appointed.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.