Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spanish 3rd level..   how lucky we are..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Spanish 3rd level..   how lucky we are..

This thread currently has 1,055 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Yossarian
February 8, 2023, 11:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
Bit of a random post this but reading about the troubles of the Spanish league 3 makes me appreciate the incredible richness of clubs we have in England...  

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....are_AndroidApp_Other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
February 9, 2023, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Doesn't surprise me in many ways. Reading about Spanish football in their daily football newspaper Marca not that long ago   the pay overall isn't great bar the top half of la liga. There were  a lot of clubs even in the equivalent of the English championship that were part time and certainly almost all clubs in the third tier and below were part time ( English league 1 and below ).

Makes you think that football is ultimately all about the fans that invest money in the sport. If that interest dwindles professional football as we know it would dry up and football would be forced to go part time.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Mayaman
February 9, 2023, 10:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Been to a couple of lower tier Spanish games.  One was just above Sunday league.  It was played on a very sandy pitch. The other game my mate and I were wondering if we jump over the hoardings and cut across the corner to get into another stand for a better view.  Needn't have worried.  Fans went onto the pitch and were putting crosses into each other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Rick12
February 9, 2023, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mayaman
Been to a couple of lower tier Spanish games.  One was just above Sunday league.  It was played on a very sandy pitch. The other game my mate and I were wondering if we jump over the hoardings and cut across the corner to get into another stand for a better view.  Needn't have worried.  Fans went onto the pitch and were putting crosses into each other.
Yes I can relate to that. Overall due to the weather out there pitches in many parts of Spain  tend to be hard with little to no grass at all. I remember being out in Malaga and going to a semi professional game near there and the pitch barely had any grass on it at all . Likewise I remember seeing training out there with a local team in a place near Nerja on the Costa Del Sol in a private sports complex and grass on the pitch was patchy .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2023, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I can relate to that. Overall due to the weather out there pitches in many parts of Spain  tend to be hard with little to no grass at all. I remember being out in Malaga and going to a semi professional game near there and the pitch barely had any grass on it at all . Likewise I remember seeing training out there with a local team in a place near Nerja on the Costa Del Sol in a private sports complex and grass on the pitch was patchy .

Nerja is up there in my top places in the world I’ve been to, and lucky enough to have been there 4 times. The balcon is a metropolitan paradise and buriana beach is nearly as good as meggies! We used to stay in apartments near el Capistrano

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Rick12
February 9, 2023, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Nerja is up there in my top places in the world I’ve been to, and lucky enough to have been there 4 times. The balcon is a metropolitan paradise and buriana beach is nearly as good as meggies! We used to stay in apartments near el Capistrano
Yes Nerja is  a lovely place . It's worth going to see the caves there as well if you haven't already discovered in 1959.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2023, 11:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from Rick12
Yes Nerja is  a lovely place . It's worth going to see the caves there as well if you haven't already discovered in 1959.

Yeah been there. And Gibraltar, mijas and puerto banus. I may be going mad in my old age but I thought there was an area called the shambles in Nerja too

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spanish 3rd level..   how lucky we are..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.