2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
February 8, 2023, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Had to wait 15 minutes to try to load the tickets on the phone last night to get in , eventually the steward accepted it wasn’t going to happen and let around 10 of us in without them, not sure if this was a problem everywhere but certainly was in the Main stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
February 8, 2023, 7:58am
Guest User
Phone reception in the main stand is mostly non existent. Definitely recommend printing them out.  
Reply: 1 - 16
Jarmo.Is.God
February 8, 2023, 8:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I think it was a case of so many people being in a small area. it messes up the signal even when 4k fans are there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Maringer
February 8, 2023, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
Load it up before you go and save a screenshot. The screenshot image would scan through without any problems and you don't need to worry about having a signal then.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Northbank Mariner
February 8, 2023, 8:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Anyone who goes knows the phone signal is, well, awful at best!..
I printed a copy of my tickets and did a screenshot too just incase, being the edjit I can be, forget to put the printed ticket in my pocket
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Limerick Mariner
February 8, 2023, 9:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Same problem round at the Findus - turnstile operator let us in based on seeing the texts. Also I thought the attendance looked low. Cup games don’t have no show STH and there were only a couple of hundred home area seats left.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
gtfc_chris
February 8, 2023, 10:08am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,507
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Same problem round at the Findus - turnstile operator let us in based on seeing the texts. Also I thought the attendance looked low. Cup games don’t have no show STH and there were only a couple of hundred home area seats left.

I was surprised to see a number that low. I know the capacity of BP has been debated but I've seen 9,033 before somewhere I'm sure. If that was true than there is no way there were 2000 empty seats. If the reports here of people being let in based off text confirmations etc and not the QR code then I wonder if that is why the number appears much lower than it may actually have been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
diehardmariner
February 8, 2023, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Signal around the ground is awful, must be something to do with all the corrugated iron...

Seen quite a few bits in recent years with clubs having similar problems.  They want to go virtual tickets but then connection issues around the ground, a lot of the bigger clubs have since introduced free WiFi to help alleviate this.  

I think that's a long way off for us.  But definitely worth taking a screenshot.  

I think I'm in the minority as I still get a physical ticket for cup games.  Got a box of all my tickets from since I started going.  I don't think I've ever, at any point, gone through them and I do little more than just lob the used ticket in the box,  not sure I'm ready to stop collecting them though.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Grantham_Mariner
February 8, 2023, 10:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
If Rangers can install wifi for 48,000 at Ibrox surely we can do it at Blundell Park.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Limerick Mariner
February 8, 2023, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I was surprised to see a number that low. I know the capacity of BP has been debated but I've seen 9,033 before somewhere I'm sure. If that was true than there is no way there were 2000 empty seats. If the reports here of people being let in based off text confirmations etc and not the QR code then I wonder if that is why the number appears much lower than it may actually have been.

Capacity in terms of seats actually available for sale is about 8,450 - take the Forest attendance and allow for a few no shows. I would estimate there were about 7,300 in the ground yesterday based upon previous declared attendances this season v availability shown on the seating plan
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Entry Problems

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.