ginnywings
February 2, 2023, 9:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
When I worked at Suffolk County Council I regularly visited schools and other council building to do a cleaning inspection.

Those showers at Blundell Park would never have passed an inspection.

That's why one of the first jobs the new owners tackled was the bathing facilities.

Think they were shocked at how bad and potentially dangerous they were.

Not to mention the fire door from the changing rooms which was impossible to open from the inside and had no panic bar fitted. It was the first job I did when working at the ground and I have no idea how they got away with it for so long.

When I was drilling the holes for the new door frame fixings, Ben Davies appeared and asked me to stop because they were having a team meeting and couldn't hear a thing over my hammer drill.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
White_shorts
February 3, 2023, 6:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Really enjoyed those comments about approaching the ground & spotting the floodlights between the rows of terraced houses. Real anticipation &  excitement of what was to come.
Now i can go to a game in a bland stadium  the middle of an industrial estate with zilch atmosphere.
BP is my church. UTM.

Stadia with two side stands that run the full length of the pitch have a much better atmosphere than Blundell Park.

I would weep with joy if we built a 15k 'Keepmoat' at Freemo.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
White_shorts
February 3, 2023, 6:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Rick12
Only thing I found being on the back row in the main stand  dependent on how tall you are is sometimes you have to hunch slightly forward to get a proper view on the far side of the pitch ( I had to do it and Iam less than 6ft ). I've always found being in the top tier of the findus stand the best view and preferably near the centre.

Having one stand twice the height of the rest of the ground is bad for atmosphere.  Any noise the Upper makes goes over the Main Stand and out into the estuary.

Unless the owners are a bit 'funny', a new stadium won't have a lower tier of seven rows.  The corporate boxes will be much higher up.  In fact they really ought to be at the back of the stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
forza ivano
February 3, 2023, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
[quote=799]

That's why one of the first jobs the new owners tackled was the bathing facilities.

Think they were shocked at how bad and potentially dangerous they were.

Not to mention the fire door from the changing rooms which was impossible to open from the inside and had no panic bar fitted. It was the first job I did when working at the ground and I have no idea how they got away with it for so long.

When I was drilling the holes for the new door frame fixings, Ben Davies appeared and asked me to stop because they were having a team meeting and couldn't hear a thing over my hammer drill.  [/qu

obviously  having a legal and functioning fire door wasn't 1 of Fenty's top priorities -  and Herve  n Pen want us to think that 1878 aren't really any better than their hero  - you couldn't make it up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Rick12
February 3, 2023, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from White_shorts

Having one stand twice the height of the rest of the ground is bad for atmosphere.  Any noise the Upper makes goes over the Main Stand and out into the estuary.

To be honest with you Iam a big lover of football stadia here and around the world. Have a few books on the subject. Always preferred the stadia that are enclosed with no gaps eg think of relatively new grounds like  Readings,MK Don's or Doncasters to name but a few.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quick question about main stand

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.