2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DaleH
February 2, 2023, 12:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Practically 2 games per week for two months, apart from a brief one week respite between the 11th & 18th March.

Really looking forward to that, although it will be very demanding on the fitness of the squad.

April doesn't look like it is going to be too dissimilar either.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
February 2, 2023, 12:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from DaleH
Practically 2 games per week for two months, apart from a brief one week respite between the 11th & 18th March.

Really looking forward to that, although it will be very demanding on the fitness of the squad.

If we'd had a bit better window, there was an opportunity to get on a real roll I think but the side will still be too inconsistent and short in certain areas I fear.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
chaos33
February 2, 2023, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,973
Gold Stars: 361
How many do you think we needed in?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
ska face
February 2, 2023, 1:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Good, it’s boring as fúck when there’s nothing going on, let’s get some games played. It’ll be like the World Cup’s back on. Too much talk at the minute and not enough football.

Sure someone’ll moan about the state of the pitch or wear & tear on the players’ studs though.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
fishcake63
February 2, 2023, 1:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Will test our squad for sure but we've proved time & again when this team turn up their more than a match for anybody in this lge & the one above , in ph i trust he will make mistakes but we've come along way in 12 month
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
diehardmariner
February 2, 2023, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
When you're playing well, the games can't come soon enough.

Hit form and we'll be glad for the Sat-Tues-Sat continuity.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Mariner_09
February 2, 2023, 1:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
How many do you think we needed in?

Just think if we'd got Vernam and Dallas in we'd have been really well equipped to put together a really good run.

Not criticising the club, sounds like they tried their absolute best to get them over the line just that for that reason we're still a little short of the top echelons of this league.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Poojah
February 2, 2023, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,668
Gold Stars: 1,508
Have to say I feel a little trepidatious about the next few weeks. Not that long ago it was a case of get Swindon out of the way, and then we’ve got 6 straight games against sides below us, but it’s funny how perspectives (and fixtures) can change.

Crewe (A) - haven’t won at Gresty Road since 1482
Colchester (H) - improved in the window and Tom Hopper nailed on to score
Gillingham (A) - much improved in the window
Northampton (A) - 4th in the league
Harrogate (H) - they’ve won every league meeting between us
Orient (H) - top

All of a sudden we’ve got a trickier looking run ahead of us than expected. I remain quietly confident that we won’t find ourselves in a serious relegation battle, but we need to pick up at least a couple of wins and a draw out of that lot or my palms will start to get a bit sweaty.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Mariner_09
February 2, 2023, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah
Have to say I feel a little trepidatious about the next few weeks. Not that long ago it was a case of get Swindon out of the way, and then we’ve got 6 straight games against sides below us, but it’s funny how perspectives (and fixtures) can change.

Crewe (A) - haven’t won at Gresty Road since 1482
Colchester (H) - improved in the window and Tom Hopper nailed on to score
Gillingham (A) - much improved in the window
Northampton (A) - 4th in the league
Harrogate (H) - they’ve won every league meeting between us
Orient (H) - top

All of a sudden we’ve got a trickier looking run ahead of us that expected. I remain quietly confident that we won’t find ourselves in a serious relegation battle, but we need to pick up at least a couple of wins and a draw out of that lot or my palms will start to get a bit sweaty.

I think we'll win at Crewe, it's about time that record changed. Also think we'll get a result at Northampton, not sure why just think we will. We'll beat Harrogate at home, again we're due some luck against them and a win. Agree that Gillingham is tough and Orient will be back in form by then.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Hants.Mariner
February 2, 2023, 2:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 1
I can see Hurst reverting to a very pragmatic style of football for the rest of the season. The important thing now is to get to fifty points as soon as possible then we can all relax. For whatever reason teams around us have strengthened whilst we have at best stood still, so the rest of the season could be something of a roller coaster. Five at the back seems likely certainly for away fixtures and try to grind out a point whilst hopefully winning a few home games.

With two games a week a few wins can get us away from the bottom quickly. Unfortunately a few defeats can have us looking over our shoulders very soon.

All to play for.

The world weighs on my shoulders
But what am I to do
You sometimes drive me crazy
But I worry about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 Games A Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.