Reply: 30 - 49
HertsGTFC
January 29, 2023, 10:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
He’ll play in the replay so needs to start Saturday so he/we can get some continuity. Let’s see how it works with McAtee playing off him if they can.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
Heisenberg
January 29, 2023, 10:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
It doesn’t alter the fact that he needs a goal, and we need a win. The table is getting me a bit nervous. We need to put Crewe to the sword, hopefully with someone like Dallas in the squad as well. We’re light, to say the least.

I’m really pleased Orsi played well though. I’ve liked the bits I’ve seen so far, yet most on here were slagging him and calling him a competition winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
It Bites
January 29, 2023, 10:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Heisenberg
It doesn’t alter the fact that he needs a goal, and we need a win. The table is getting me a bit nervous. We need to put Crewe to the sword, hopefully with someone like Dallas in the squad as well. We’re light, to say the least.

I’m really pleased Orsi played well though. I’ve liked the bits I’ve seen so far, yet most on here were slagging him and calling him a competition winner.

It was Pepple that was the competition winning....  
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
ChannelMariner
January 29, 2023, 11:09am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +52
Gold Stars: 2
Had a great game, brilliant assist. We played well today without but I thought Orsi looked like a class player to have McAtee back in his best position. McAtee is clearly not a striker and we know how good he is in the role he played last year. Hopefully we see that combination next game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Mayaman
January 29, 2023, 2:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
He was great yesterday and showed some skilful touches.  He worked tirelessly as well.  A bit of self discipline won't go amiss.  Getting a yellow for stopping the momentum of the other team is fine, but getting one for pushing a defender in the back who is running towards his own corner flag with nowhere to go is plain foolish.   Gave them an opportunity to get the ball in our half and put us under pressure. I think that free kick preceded their second goal.   Sort that out with a bit more game time with Mcatee and Khan back in the side and he could be a force to be reckoned with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
Kris2
January 29, 2023, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Heisenberg

He's had this one good bit of play in a good game for his standards and people always have to come out like "Other people were slagging him off but I KNEW" like you were in on some big secret or something. Tbh not seen much before that showed he's the answer to our striker issues and I won't take a lively performance and an assist in the cup as a sign that he's now the messiah and on for 20 goals a season. If we went on cup performances alone then Kiernan is one of the best players in L2. We need a proven force to lead the line so people like Orsi can play around them. He's never looked particularly comfortable up there on his own or looked like scoring.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Mikey_345
January 29, 2023, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
Not been able to understand why he hasn’t had much game time. The odd 20 minutes here and there isn’t enough to get up and running as a Striker. I’d be happy to see him get a few starts and see what he can do.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
aldi_01
January 29, 2023, 4:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Played really well yesterday, didn’t get a sniff of a goal but sometimes it’s not all about that, especially when he set Clifton up the way he did and held the ball up.

Ironic isn’t it, our poor run and some of our protest games have been when our best player starts games…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
Limerick Mariner
January 29, 2023, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
In the bit I’ve seen to date he didn’t look like a player suited to a lone front man - maybe that’s why we’ve seen so little of him. Wasn’t there yesterday but it indicates otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orsi

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.