HertsGTFC
January 28, 2023, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614
So 'you suspect', the thing is, you don't know.  End of story!

I’m only going on what I see on social media, but I’m not alone in that am I?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 90
arryarryarry
January 28, 2023, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 123614
I'm not being racist, but I know that a few years ago, there was some trouble from the Muslim community in the areas they lived in.  Couples were aggressively told to stop holding hands, women are forced to hear the Hijab etc.  I don't know where these Muslim areas are in Luton, but it might be worth you guys who are going to look it up and avoid like the plague.

I have no idea but I assume there is a possibility of some muslims trying to force sharia law on other muslims but I very much doubt that your average muslim is going to challenge the average Luton fan and his wife/girlfriend to stop holding hands or force her to wear a hijab as I would doubt that average muslim would be able to keep a hold on his privates.  
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 90
sam gy
January 28, 2023, 1:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,479
Gold Stars: 55
In the 20 years since I’ve lived in Grimsby and lived in a few multicultural cities , including 8 years in London. I never came across one of these scary Sharia Law no go areas you know. And to be honest, never really felt intimidated. Certainly no more than i would walking around GY.

Crazy that.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 90
January 28, 2023, 1:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from sam gy
In the 20 years since I’ve lived in Grimsby and lived in a few multicultural cities , including 8 years in London. I never came across one of these scary Sharia Law no go areas you know. And to be honest, never really felt intimidated. Certainly no more than i would walking around GY.

Crazy that.

You do know how to research on the internet, right?  It's all out there, I don't need to make anything up.

Reply: 73 - 90
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2023, 1:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have no idea but I assume there is a possibility of some muslims trying to force sharia law on other muslims but I very much doubt that your average muslim is going to challenge the average Luton fan and his wife/girlfriend to stop holding hands or force her to wear a hijab as I would doubt that average muslim would be able to keep a hold on his privates.  

My lad lives about a 10 minute walk from Kenilworth Rd and works for an SME just behind Hatters Way and it’s like anywhere else you just have to be respectful to people within their own communities. I’ve been working In Ireland this week (Dublin, Waterford & Thurles) and you wouldn’t walk around waving your Union Jack, not because you’d get lynched but just because it’s disrespectful and people would think quite rightly so that you’re a bell end.

Generally in Luton like some of the places described in my post above are populated by average law abiding people who regardless of place of birth and denomination are just trying to get by in difficult socioeconomic circumstances just like us.

People may abide by their beliefs & customs but nobody will get their hands cut off for shop lifting or stoned for wearing lip stick or whatever the xenophobic minority like to tell us all on their social media channels and feeds.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 90
January 28, 2023, 1:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

My lad lives about a 10 minute walk from Kenilworth Rd and works for an SME just behind Hatters Way and it’s like anywhere else you just have to be respectful to people within their own communities. I’ve been working In Ireland this week (Dublin, Waterford & Thurles) and you wouldn’t walk around waving your Union Jack, not because you’d get lynched but just because it’s disrespectful and people would think quite rightly so that you’re a bell end.

Generally in Luton like some of the places described in my post above are populated by average law abiding people who regardless of place of birth and denomination are just trying to get by in difficult socioeconomic circumstances just like us.

People may abide by their beliefs & customs but nobody will get their hands cut off for shop lifting or stoned for wearing lip stick or whatever the xenophobic minority like to tell us all on their social media channels and feeds.

I'm not disputing what you say.  Btw, you only mentioned two locations in Luton.  But to go on, obviously I am talking about a minority, but this minority call themselves Muslim Patrol and they DO tell English, non Muslims to stop holding hands, and not to wear skirts above the knee, and tell them they cannot drink in what they call their area.  It's England, not Afghanistan, Sharia law does not count here, if they want to enforce it on their own people in their own Sharia courts, so be it, but they CANNOT force it on innocent English citizens.

Reply: 75 - 90
marinerjase
January 28, 2023, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,664
Gold Stars: 147
Non football.

Well it wasn’t originally but now is. Needs moving Rob. Sure those who want to carry on in the subject it’s turned into can do so there or privately 👍

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 90
MaccasBoots
January 28, 2023, 2:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 23
Lads where is everyone going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 90
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2023, 2:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I'm not disputing what you say.  Btw, you only mentioned two locations in Luton.  But to go on, obviously I am talking about a minority, but this minority call themselves Muslim Patrol and they DO tell English, non Muslims to stop holding hands, and not to wear skirts above the knee, and tell them they cannot drink in what they call their area.  It's England, not Afghanistan, Sharia law does not count here, if they want to enforce it on their own people in their own Sharia courts, so be it, but they CANNOT force it on innocent English citizens.

You’re right I did only mention 2 locations but many more in East/NE London in a post above.

I see what you mean but worry for you if all you’ve done is see it on social media and read it in the Daily Mail.

I’m sure there’s a minority like there is in any society, like the shaven headed, Union Jack, bull dog tattooed minority who want to inflict their beliefs on others and despite “their country” of birth being the same as mine they don’t represent the vast majority of “normal” people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 90
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2023, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
Non football.

Well it wasn’t originally but now is. Needs moving Rob. Sure those who want to carry on in the subject it’s turned into can do so there or privately 👍

Agree, but rank xenophobia needs calling out.

I’m done anyway, 40 minutes to kick off, come on Town!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Pubs for Luton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.