Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 260 Guests

Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

This thread currently has 5,436 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
January 18, 2023, 8:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Staggering that it takes over £2m in player sales and share issues to fund a lower-midtable L1 team. And that's at a club with good attendances and a well-run commercial operation. Makes you wonder how we could ever be self-sustainable in L1 like our owners envisage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
golfer
January 19, 2023, 7:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118

As you say you eventually find your level and we have I think - Lower L1, as with those others you mention. Yes our ground is good now, and the pitch is immaculate. Definitely infrastructure is good - We just need a goal scorer!

We have an abundance - do you want to borrow one ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2023, 7:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I would be very concerned if losses were covered by funding but they were still posted as loses. “Funding” does not fix the root cause of a loss it’s just putting a plaster on it isn’t it?

I also don’t get why people would invest in a loss maker unless there is a clear plan to take them into the black which judging by the fact we’ve picked up 2 of their back room staff there appears to be.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
golfer
January 19, 2023, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Last sentence doesn't make sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
HerveJosse
January 19, 2023, 9:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I would be very concerned if losses were covered by funding but they were still posted as loses. “Funding” does not fix the root cause of a loss it’s just putting a plaster on it isn’t it?

I also don’t get why people would invest in a loss maker unless there is a clear plan to take them into the black which judging by the fact we’ve picked up 2 of their back room staff there appears to be.

Jeff Bezos is grateful for your advice but he prefers being richest person on Earth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2023, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HerveJosse

Jeff Bezos is grateful for your advice but he prefers being richest person on Earth

F**k off moron.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
HerveJosse
January 19, 2023, 10:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from HertsGTFC

F**k off moron.

I think a red cross would have been more subtle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
January 19, 2023, 11:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner

Thank you.

Wasn't a veiled question or even trying to take a pop, just struggling to see why they would invest. My initial thought was around ground sale but I seem to think they favour redevelopment rather than anything else, including the potential for a new ground in the Western Growth Corridor?

Like Blundell Park, I can't imagine the land Sincil Bank sits on is that valuable either? Although probably worth more due to it's relative proximity to the city centre but otherwise quite hemmed in.

Yes the new ground on the Western Growth corridor has been suggested for a while, seen drawings etc, but I think they are staying put now - The ground is better, better advertising (Electronic boards etc), more corporate things generating cash, and obviously the Stacey West expansion - though that has a lot of community emphasis on it with classrooms etc.

I agree not particularly valuable I would have thought, but 5 minute walk from the City Centre/ Waterfront would be advantageous.

As I said we have a good ground at this level, good training facilities, great pitch etc - But I personally think Mid table L1 with the odd play off flirt is where we are. We just need the team to catch up a bit, and be a bit lucky with cup draws etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
January 19, 2023, 11:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from pen penfras
2.2, 0.9, 1.4 and now 2 million. Sounds like a Scunny trajectory

I personally don't think we could further from a Scunthorpe trajectory. Want to play in L1 you generally lose money - We will get further investment this summer from the Americans - These are in the form of shares, not loans, not with the ground as collateral etc.

You'd probably like us to go the way of Scunthorpe, but I have seen enough posts on here from you to know what sort of poster you are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
IlkleyMariner
January 19, 2023, 11:19am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Alot of clubs in a lower bracket though  Fleetwood, FG, Morcambe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Accy Wycombe; I know alot of them are rattling round the bottom at the moment but they survived and better in previous seasons. Mind I don't know what cash is being put into these clubs to keep them going at L1 level

You've a better ground than us and with the away end at SB being expanded you'll get a bit more revenue from the likes of Wednesday. If Lincoln struggle to survive, it would be haarder for us with our effective capacity at about 8.4k and only 1200 for away fans.

Can only see struggling times ahead for us if we were to get promoted. We maybe have to accept that we have found our true level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.