This thread currently has 1,784 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
LH
January 8, 2023, 10:55am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,572
Gold Stars: 174
So in the round the PL clubs come in you want a lower league pundit on? It’s just not going to happen is it. They also covered it was a long time since we’ve been in the Fourth Round by saying it was the first time since 2000 (tbf this might have been the Five Live coverage on the way home) - not really sure what else you want them to say?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
lukeo
January 8, 2023, 11:07am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
If it keeps us under the radar until the semi finals I'll take that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
ginnywings
January 8, 2023, 11:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
A non league team beat a team from the Championship away from home, scoring four goals and the game had everything. 7 goals, a sending off, a penalty, a comeback from Coventry with 10 men, who created chance after chance and hit the woodwork countless times.

I thoroughly enjoyed the highlights myself.

The town game was without much incident and we beat a team from the bottom end of the league above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Son of Cod
January 8, 2023, 11:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from LH
To all the people moaning about the coverage we got: could you tell me what other highlights from the game you’d have shown? We beat a (very) crap League One team with a goal deflected off someone’s bottom.

I get that but perhaps a mention that we've beaten three sides from the division above (including a dismantling of the division leaders) wouldn't have gone amiss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
LH
January 8, 2023, 12:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,572
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Son of Cod

I get that but perhaps a mention that we've beaten three sides from the division above (including a dismantling of the division leaders) wouldn't have gone amiss?

They might have had time to talk about that if the match had produced some other highlights. They can only work with what we’ve given them.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
supertown
January 8, 2023, 1:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

The gripe is that it has been so long since we reached rnd 4 and since bbc gave us decent coverage.  It shouldn't depend how many goals we score or whether our owners are ex players or Hollywood film stars.

They could have given us a little bit more than just the goal!  Be interesting to tot up our coverage on MotD over 3 rounds, maybe 1 to 2 mins!?

Also, I'm not a Mark Chapman fan but his coverage of the cup draws has been thorough and professional. He was accompanied by Leon Osman and Stephen Warnock who have little lower league or Cup insight. Warlock rabbited on about what a good managed Phil Parkinson is?  Maybe a pundit who watches lower league teams?  At least for example Dion Dublin had his Cambridge utd links etc

Nope, still not getting it. The game was poor , one goal and you want some kind of extended highlights that quite frankly didn’t exist in the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
ex-merseymariner
January 8, 2023, 1:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from supertown

Nope, still not getting it. The game was poor , one goal and you want some kind of extended highlights that quite frankly didn’t exist in the game

I said I wanted more than the few seconds we got, I never said extended highlights. I agreed with another posters gripe that's all.  Many games got some interview with the managers for example.  

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Maringer
January 8, 2023, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
To mention that we had beaten higher division opposition in the previous rounds would have required a bit of research. Little chance of that happening when they are knocking together a highlights package from dozens of games to a tight schedule.

The penalty which was denied might have made it because it was simply such a bizarre decision, but otherwise, not much in the way of highlights from that game.

Let's hope we give them a selection of highlights to show after the next game - providing they aren't in our own box!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BBC Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.