MuddyWaters
December 31, 2022, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think we’ve got a fair amount of decent league players, they’re just not playing well at the moment.

Khan, McAtee, Taylor, Morris, Scannell and Clifton are, when fit, decent enough. Beyond that, most are unproven at this level. There’s others with potential I grant you but….
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
ginnywings
December 31, 2022, 7:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I sometimes have a lurk on other teams message boards when we play them and they are generally more complimentary about us than our own fans.

They have no emotional attachment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
lukeo
January 1, 2023, 8:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
They've not even sold out the away end, surprised at that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Limerick Mariner
January 1, 2023, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from lukeo
They've not even sold out the away end, surprised at that.

I'm not. They sold out for a sunny Good Friday with trains running, when people still had cheap mortgages and reasonable energy bills. They've decent away support but not exceptional considering their home crowds, they've never filled the away end before. After today, save for Mansfield, I doubt we'll have more than 500 away fans at BP for any league game for the rest of the season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2023, 12:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'm not. They sold out for a sunny Good Friday with trains running, when people still had cheap mortgages and reasonable energy bills. They've decent away support but not exceptional considering their home crowds, they've never filled the away end before. After today, save for Mansfield, I doubt we'll have more than 500 away fans at BP for any league game for the rest of the season.

Oddly enough we travelled over to Grimsby from Stockport this morning and didn’t see hoards of away supporters, might be a bit early still though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
lukeo
January 1, 2023, 12:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
2 1 Grimsby.. Waterfall 1st scorer... 275/1

Crazier things have happened....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2023, 12:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
2 1 Grimsby.. Waterfall 1st scorer... 275/1

Crazier things have happened....

I’d be quite happy I’d Waterfall never played today to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 1, 2023, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’d be quite happy I’d Waterfall never played today to be honest.

Given that Pearson is not available for selection are you comfortable going into the game with Maher and Smith as our central defenders? I missed the Salford match, fortunately, and appreciate he may be below par at present but the vast majority of players will have spells in the season when their form dips and at least we know with Waterfall we’re guaranteed 100% commitment and hopefully a return to form.

I might be inclined to go with 3 at the back to day with Clifton and Glennon as wing backs, Hunt and Green in centre mid with McAtee, Khan and Orsi up top. Appreciate Orsi didn’t set the world alight on Thursday night but think he needs to play 3 or 4 games on the bounce to see if he’s worth keeping hold of, if not then he can be moved on in late January.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2023, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Given that Pearson is not available for selection are you comfortable going into the game with Maher and Smith as our central defenders? I missed the Salford match, fortunately, and appreciate he may be below par at present but the vast majority of players will have spells in the season when their form dips and at least we know with Waterfall we’re guaranteed 100% commitment and hopefully a return to form.

I might be inclined to go with 3 at the back to day with Clifton and Glennon as wing backs, Hunt and Green in centre mid with McAtee, Khan and Orsi up top. Appreciate Orsi didn’t set the world alight on Thursday night but think he needs to play 3 or 4 games on the bounce to see if he’s worth keeping hold of, if not then he can be moved on in late January.

It’s a fair challenge to be honest but it’s not working with Waterfall and one of the other 2 so is Waterfall the problem. I don’t expect it to happen but captain fantastic is drifting towards being the player he looked like under Holloway, I hope I’m wrong about that as he’s a good bloke.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's talk about the Stockport game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.