2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
December 29, 2022, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
I've just spent 20 mins listening to Dave Moore and Matt Dean. An excellent listen to a Grimsby Stalwart who's still on the go for Town. I can't give you a link but if you can find one it's definitely worth a listen, from an 18yr old apprentice to the physio, and an answer to the shorts.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2022, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from DB
I've just spent 20 mins listening to Dave Moore and Matt Dean. An excellent listen to a Grimsby Stalwart who's still on the go for Town. I can't give you a link but if you can find one it's definitely worth a listen, from an 18yr old apprentice to the physio, and an answer to the shorts.

Did he speak about the previous regime ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Spurn boy
December 31, 2022, 1:50pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Dave Moore, what a genuine guy and what a great interview he gave. I was lucky enough to watch all the 3 brothers play for Town over the years and as he says it was his biggest regret leaving before Andy made his debut as all 3 would have played together in the same team. A true Mariner.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Son of Cod
December 31, 2022, 1:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from DB
I can't give you a link

Okay thanks đź‘Ť
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2022, 2:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

I took issue with 2 of his comments;

1. That he’s not a Town legend when clearly he is for his part as a player in such a brilliant period and his work off the pitch.

2 Saying Peaks Lane was a “training ground” was generous at best.

But seriously a top bloke and the fact that various managers have trusted him to be our physio speaks as much about his professionalism as well as his modesty.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Rick12
December 31, 2022, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB
When you hear snippets from ex players as well ( excluding the interview above ) talking about Dave Moore it's positive so this doesn't surprise me đź‘Ť.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
wigworld
December 31, 2022, 3:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Link here:
[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ds5p6z[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 19
supertown
December 31, 2022, 3:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Dave Moore was a guest speaker of 5 legends at the  Cleethorpes Golf club recently. He made the night. Great character
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Vance Warner
December 31, 2022, 5:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,823
Gold Stars: 105
Really enjoyed it. Even without the football it’s nice as an exile to hear from a proper Grimsby person - someone who is humble, down to Earth and a proper grafter. His love for the club and his big brother really stands out. He was clear on his admiration for Buckley and Hurst which is good enough for me. I imagine his views on some others formally associated with the club would make a cracking book.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Getyourfactsright
January 1, 2023, 2:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
I’d like to echo a lot of the thoughts on here and add to that Dave Moore, is a man of few words, but when he talks it’s well worth taking note.

Defiantly a legend, and I greatly appreciated his input on several levels. It’s just a shame managers often see threat of personnel around them, but then go on and belatedly to realise what a wealth of information and support such as Dave has to give.

Top guy for sure.

Wishing you fishy’s all the best, and our great Club a fantastic transfer window to help build on it’s amazing support.

Kind regards and Happy New Year
John
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dave Moore

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.