Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dons Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 72 Guests

Dons Thread

This thread currently has 22,365 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
December 3, 2022, 3:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
I rarely post on here straight after match and like to think I am pretty restrained
But the choice of Pepple over Osri, JMD is baffling
Pepple is raw, inexperienced,. lightweight and offers nothing
We now Orsi and JMD are experienced and have goals in them
It's very frustrating
Subs should have been made after 55 mins - McAtee was getting more isolated largely cos Khan and Kiernan were so ineffective
Although the goal was ugly and horrible it had been coming largely cos we were offering nothing

Another bang average side beats us - but we didn't deserve anything tbh

Box to box pretty OK - toothless final third far too often
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 247
It Bites
December 3, 2022, 3:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,224
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Getting a bit drunk off with the ‘doesn’t matter if we lose because we’re a nicer club’ mentality. I’m all for a well run football club but it’s not out of the box to think that we ought to win now and again - especially when the stadium is generally 80+% full of home fans.

I'm just drunk off in general. Already in a bad mood before this game lol. Sorry everyone 😊.
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 247
immariner
December 3, 2022, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
There are mitigating circumstances of course, after Michee went off we had no FBs. Look at Evans' lack of reaction to the flick on. Personally i think Hurst should have brought Morris on and put Clifton at right back, who at least would have offered a forward outlet. Holohan wasn't great today and McAtee wasn't on it. Simmonds and Pepple? I don't see it. There's probably a player in Simmonds in a few years but right now not what we need. Can't see JMD being here after Jan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 247
Chrisblor
December 3, 2022, 3:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,975
Gold Stars: 243
The issue was that after Efete went off we didn't have anyone stretching them on the wings. Our success in the first half came from Efete getting up and supporting the overlap on the right, and McAtee shifting wide and linking up with Khan on the left. Second half McAtee started getting frustrated and was dropping deep to pick up the ball too often instead of playing off and around their back line where he excels, and Smith and Khouri didn't get forward at all to support Khan & Kiernan (and later Simmonds).

As previously mentioned in this thread I think it would have made more sense to play Clifton at right wing back in a back 5 as he played that role very effectively away at Salford this season. I thought Green was generally quite combative throughout the match, but in the second half when he did win the ball back he didn't move it forward quickly and progressively as he did in the first half. Holohan I thought was very poor all game really, didn't impose himself on the match and was one of the reasons why we looked second best in the second half because we lost the battle in midfield.

I found Simmonds appearance a frustrating one - he got in some good positions and played a few decent balls into the area, but he also caused moves to break down because he kept fouling players when we were in good positions. I really wish Hurst would be a bit more adventurous and stick Maguire-Drew on in games like that when we're looking creatively devoid in the final third - we all know about his lack of tracking back, but honestly who cares about that when we're chasing a game and need goals and assists. Really struggling to see what Pepple offers when he comes on, aside from a decent cross that led to our equaliser against Walsall he's looked like he doesn't understand how to play football every time i've seen him.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 247
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 3, 2022, 3:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,783
Gold Stars: 82
Have to ask what is it about November and December that affects town’s performances as we appear to have this bad run of results every season at this time of the year?

Think we are an OK honest hard working team that has no real threat in an attacking sense and other than McAtee doubt we have anyone capable of scoring ten goals in a season. With each game that passes our summer signings for the forward positions gets increasingly depressing, Orsi was one of his first signings but never gets a game so you have to question why he was signed in the first place.

Really need a home win next Saturday to get us all cheered up. Best wishes to Michee and hope that rumours are wrong and the lad is ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 247
Hagrid
December 3, 2022, 3:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
Just caught Hursts interview. Wimbledon player saying Efete deserved his injury or something? Hurst has no reason to lie, thats a disgusting thing to say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 247
chaos33
December 3, 2022, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,005
Gold Stars: 362
I’ll stick with these owners and these players all day whilst they’re giving what they’re giving. Hurst says Khouri devastated at his honest mistake for the goal. Poor officiating cost us at least a goal in the first half. Not great second but honest, dedicated people giving 100%. Unlucky today lads. Fingers crossed for Efete. Stick together. Overstatement and anger abounds….but UTM.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 247
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 3, 2022, 3:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Its our first season back in league 2. Even if we were in the playoff places youd expect a bad run of results at some point. No matter whos the owner you have to have ups and downs, properly silly to start bringing the ownership into it at this point in time, was always gonna be a job to build this squad up this season, and we were on a similiar run this time this season. Also were still in the fa cup so thats great. Still things to play for.

By all means have a moan about how we played, the run, what team we played or what subs we made. But to get any deeper than that, youre making a fool of yourself pure and simple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 247
Rob_in_Grimsby
December 3, 2022, 3:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Thought we where ok the first half although I  thought AFC did not look like they had got going,
Second half we where poor at best and with their antics and our lack of attacking threat meant it was only going one way.
Not sure why we play Peb up front as he offers nothing, Hopefully in Jan we get a good left back and something upfront.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 247
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2022, 3:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from LH

Winning football is entertaining football if you’re a fan of a club. Winning football means financial rewards which could mean better players coming in (or should (unless you’ve got a wage structure to stick to)). I wonder what Hurst’s thoughts on his boss writing in the national press that winning doesn’t really matter is. Not sure it’s good for the players to see on the morning of a game either.

My view is the same as what PH has said in numerous interviews i.e. it’s better to judge your team based on performance rather than on a result. If you and others want to get all upset and start shrieking that it’s the end of the world and we are going to get relegated then go for it.

My take away from today was that we played really well up until Michee’s injury, and that affected us badly. That’s it, on to the next game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 247
25 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dons Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.