6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
November 30, 2022, 1:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 10
Unfortunately consistency is Brendan's downfall, as he will look a world beater one game, then quiet for the next 3.

I would take him until the end of the season, either on loan or permanent, but I would certainly not pay a fee.

Next season, if we want to progress, we would need to be looking for a better calibre of player.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
GollyGTFC
November 30, 2022, 2:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
I'd extend his loan till the end of the season if we can't get better in I wouldn't sign him to a permanent deal though

Surely it would make more sense to take over the final 6 months of his contract at Walsall and free up a loan space?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 51
MuddyWaters
November 30, 2022, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Surely it would make more sense to take over the final 6 months of his contract at Walsall and free up a loan space?

Exactly this, on the assumption Walsall would go with that. We need to free up loan spaces given that we want McAtee and Smith to be playing.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
chaos33
November 30, 2022, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from ska face
Stretches play, gets us up the pitch and offers us an option out wide or up top. A willing runner and think we missed him when he was away recently. I’d keep him on until the end of the season.

Agree with this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
headingly_mariner
November 30, 2022, 6:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’ve always thought he was here as cover for Scanz. Talking of whom, it’s gone very quiet.

He'll never play many games for us. Sadly he's just too fragile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Son of Cod
November 30, 2022, 7:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Corkyefes
Unfortunately consistency is Brendan's downfall, as he will look a world beater one game, then quiet for the next 3.

I would take him until the end of the season, either on loan or permanent, but I would certainly not pay a fee.

Next season, if we want to progress, we would need to be looking for a better calibre of player.

Even when he's not getting the breaks or able to produce anything up top though, he's still putting a shift in which is undoubtedly a massive factor for Hurst. I wasn't sure at the start of the season but with Wearne and JMD seemingly not in Hurst's immediate plans, I'd get Kiernan signed up and then be looking at bringing in another wide player. Better than potentially having to look for two.

Regarding Scannell, I don't think it's fair to expect him back. If he comes back then great, it'll be a nice Brucie, but the last thing he needs is the weight of fan expectation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
louth_in_the_south
November 30, 2022, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
He was our best player at Cambridge and gave the type of performance that you’re looking for . It’s a no brainer for me . He fits our mould of player .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
pontoonlew
November 30, 2022, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
He’s improved but his final ball and delivery on the whole has been pretty poor in his time. I personally think we can do better, the loan has been a decent one, but I’d prefer us to spend the wage budget elsewhere really.

I think this one will divide fans though, and he seems like a good bloke, but I’d be surprised if we took him permanently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
chaos33
November 30, 2022, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
What he does do, that sets him apart from others in the squad is that he carries the ball. He runs forward with pace and purpose. He gets us up the pitch and he’s a good ‘out ball’.  Sure he might not have the score/assist stats but he’s a L2 footballer and he has something that many in our squad don’t have. I agree we need better in future but I’d keep him if we can.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Superdan147
November 30, 2022, 8:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Send him back to Walsall, and instead try and sign Walsall’s on loan striker Danny Johnson from Mansfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brendan Kiernan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.