mariner91
November 23, 2022, 9:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from chaos33
I disagree. I think there’ll be plenty of takers, especially if he has a good WC.

Not that can afford what he'll want to be paid and nobody any good will guarantee him a starting position. No decent team is going to disrupt a good season by introducing a nearly 38 year old forward with a huge ego who offers nowhere near as much as he did even a couple of years ago. Best he can hope for is a big-ish side having a shocker of a season so the manager gambles.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Maringer
November 23, 2022, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Problem is that he's reached the stage where he's still a reasonable goalscorer, but the team needs to shape itself entirely around him. He's not good enough for that any longer and his ego isn't likely to let him go to 'smaller' teams who might be willing to play in that manner.

I'd imagine he'll be earning a ridiculous amount in Saudi Arabia before long, or somewhere else willing to give him sackfuls of dosh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
OddShapedBalls
November 23, 2022, 11:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Keeps banging on about wanting champions league football, but as has been mentioned he'll either need to take a big pay cut or accept he's the bench option to get that, neither of which will happen.

Who am I kidding, he'll go to Newcastle in Jan and play champs league next year.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
Rick12
November 23, 2022, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer

I'd imagine he'll be earning a ridiculous amount in Saudi Arabia before long, or somewhere else willing to give him sackfuls of dosh.
Thing that Ive always admired about Ronaldo is he hasn't let family tragedy stall his career. His dad died from alcohol related issues  when he was a player on the up  and Cristiano  hasn't followed suit as does sometimes happen in various degrees amongst people when exposed to this type of environment . Similarly I always think its a shame when top players have had drink problems  eg  the likes of Gazza,George Best ,Tony Adams ,Paul Merson and Tony Adams to name but a few in this country.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Maringer
November 23, 2022, 12:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
I know Tony Adams had a problem with alcohol, but I didn't realise it was twice as bad as for the others mentioned!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 23, 2022, 3:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Maybe we can get him and Cesc Fabregas in January...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Les Brechin
November 23, 2022, 3:57pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Maybe we can get him and Cesc Fabregas in January...

Nah, Ronaldo will be going to Wrexham!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Norseman
November 23, 2022, 11:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +284
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
A free agent now. He would not fit into Hurst’s plans though.

Doesn't track back enough 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
Kris2
November 24, 2022, 12:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
No real surprise, his ego is too large for English football and he needs to be somewhere it's all about him. I'd expect a move to fashion model team PSG or an MLS team for crazy money where he'll be centre of attention. I'd expect France or Italy where they like big egos and arrogance.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
aldi_01
November 24, 2022, 6:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Kris2
No real surprise, his ego is too large for English football and he needs to be somewhere it's all about him. I'd expect a move to fashion model team PSG or an MLS team for crazy money where he'll be centre of attention. I'd expect France or Italy where they like big egos and arrogance.

It’s unlikely he’ll go to Italy, he’s already been to Juve and whilst he won a title, it wasn’t really a success and practically bankrupted them. The Italians didn’t take to him and he was critical of the league whilst over there.

He’d be at PSG in a heart beat if Messi wasn’t there, as others have said, he’ll likely end up in MLS. I know he believes he’s still worth obscene money a week but I’m not even sure Newcastle would risk disrupting everything to accommodate ronaldo.

He’s an obsession with playing until he’s 41 but I think he’ll need to realise that it’s unlikely he’ll be playing to level football until then.

There’s always the possibility that he could end up back at Real and he’d be welcome back in Spain with open arms but I just think someone in America will be willing to shovel the cash in to his pockets…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ronaldo leaves Man Utd by mutual agreement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.