12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
It Bites
November 19, 2022, 5:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
So we are better on the pitch this season than the first season back last time . I'm talking on field performance as we stand , not next season or the season after . I already said the off field is in good hands .  
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 118
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2022, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from hampshiremariner
@ It Bites

The answer clearly is YES!  We are better than last time we came up. Last time we hung on to L2 status precariously until we had that dreadful relegation season. I anticipate an upward trajectory on the pitch now because we have proper owners who are committed to the club in both heart and mind. Before we had all the controversy off the pitch, the Holloway debacle. I don’t want to go down the path of criticising the team, the management or the owners. I just thankful that the old regime had been booted out and I don’t want any negative stuff around the team. We can be disappointed in recent performance but I feel that the team will improve. No looking back to ‘the last time we came up’. UTM

I’m all for positivity but are you saying that, because things have improved off the pitch, any criticism is off limits?
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 118
hampshiremariner
November 19, 2022, 6:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from It Bites
So we are better on the pitch this season than the first season back last time . I'm talking on field performance as we stand , not next season or the season after . I already said the off field is in good hands .  

Yes, in my opinion, we are much better. What sort of an answer did you want? It seems like you were inviting people to agree with you and say ‘yep, this time we are much worse on the pitch and the players are crap?’ What is the point of harping back and trying to encourage negative comments about the current team. Just be thankful that Hurst got us back into the FL after one season. You seem to be arguing for the sake of it. I’m not going back into the realms of the morose  negatively that did so much damage to the club.No point in discussing this any further with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 118
BenBB
November 19, 2022, 6:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You must have been at a different game to me. He wasn’t as bad but nowhere near MoM.

Just thought he was really busy all match. Maybe not technically great but was definitely working for the shirt.

I could've given it to Crocombe for some great saves but giving it to the GK is a bit boring!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 113 - 118
It Bites
November 19, 2022, 6:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
We got there in the end 😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 118
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2022, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from BenBB

Just thought he was really busy all match. Maybe not technically great but was definitely working for the shirt.

I could've given it to Crocombe for some great saves but giving it to the GK is a bit boring!

I think he’s a decent full back but don’t think he’s a wing back in a 5. Given how he played as wing back at Salford, I think Harry would have been a better pick there today with Kiernan as the wide forward.

Nothing wrong with making a keeper MoM, Max has possibly been our player of the season so far.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 118
supertown
November 20, 2022, 12:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Efete = poor
Mcatee penalty = urine poor

But … we were the better team over 90 mins and deserved to win ,
Whoever has Efete as MOTM has had a bang to the head , get it seen to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 118
pen penfras
November 20, 2022, 8:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from supertown
Efete = poor
Mcatee penalty = urine poor

But … we were the better team over 90 mins and deserved to win ,
Whoever has Efete as MOTM has had a bang to the head , get it seen to

I only saw the 2nd half, but Efete looked probably our biggest threat. Put a couple of decent balls in too, but only 1 man in the box is unlikely to result in a goal. I'd have said he was the best player in what I saw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 118
lee65
November 20, 2022, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Decent header at goal by Efete (under challenge) from a very good Amos cross too  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 118
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevenage (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.