November 16, 2022, 11:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's a weird one isn't it?

The players can't bet but so many play in a competition sponsored by a bookmaker and so many of the big clubs have a gambling firm as a sponsor somewhere on the shirt that the players wear.

And then they wonder why the players end up betting on football...

TBF, I’ve got a few Ciba-Geigy Town shirts and I’ve always just about managed to resist releasing toxic chemicals into my local river.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
Scenes on toast
November 16, 2022, 11:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
The sheer irony, that someone  doesn't get on the plane for having a flutter. To the most corrupt sporting event EVER. Up there with Soci...🙄🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Abdul19
November 17, 2022, 2:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Players all know they're not allowed to bet on football. No doubt the daft fucker had an account in his own name.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
aldi_01
November 17, 2022, 6:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

TBF, I’ve got a few Ciba-Geigy Town shirts and I’ve always just about managed to resist releasing toxic chemicals into my local river.

Least we know you’re not one of our local MPs then…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
aldi_01
November 17, 2022, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites

Nope

So no issue with drink driving, assault and to be fair, Tripper was caught betting too…

It’s hard to have sympathy, I get that, but when a sport relies seemingly quite heavily on the money from gambling sites and bookmakers, and doesn’t seem to want to do anything about that, it’s easy to see why players do it…

I’ve never placed a bet in my life, out of interest, do other sports have similar rules?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Posh Harry
November 17, 2022, 7:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,369
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from aldi_01

So no issue with drink driving, assault and to be fair, Tripper was caught betting too…

It’s hard to have sympathy, I get that, but when a sport relies seemingly quite heavily on the money from gambling sites and bookmakers, and doesn’t seem to want to do anything about that, it’s easy to see why players do it…

I’ve never placed a bet in my life, out of interest, do other sports have similar rules?

For me the difference is that the others done their crime and served their time. If Toney had been in Qatar and this broke it would have caused massive issues in the press and calls for him to be sent home thus taking the focus within the group onto something they didn’t need.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
It Bites
November 17, 2022, 7:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from aldi_01

Tbh I don't care who goes on the plane as I support Brazil but I just think he's a bit thick
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Lost in Lincoln
November 17, 2022, 8:10am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Funny how the powers that be dont care when half the big clubs have deals with gambling companies

Brentford themselves sponsored by Hollywood bets

The SKY BET Football league….

I get why they did it, to stop players betting on games theyre involved in etc...BUT...

This rule is the classic sledgehammer to crack a nut scenario, totally OTT, to the point that if you're a tea lady at Messingham U11 blind girls' team, you can't bet on *any* football *

* I may have exaggerated to make the point slightly

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 33
supertown
November 17, 2022, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
I guess banning it completely stops anyone ringing their ex teammate and ‘doing a deal’ to throw a match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ivan Toney

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.