Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

This thread currently has 5,640 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
November 8, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from immariner
Roughly 1300 home tickets sold so far. Only the Main Stand open

That’s a disappointingly large crowd, if so.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
diehardmariner
November 8, 2022, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
This was always going to the fixture that drew a crowd.  

Be interesting to see what ratio of tickets sold are for kids as I guess a lot will be parents taking the little ones who are desperate to see a Man City side.  

Don't like the term scab, regardless of how entrenched I am against the competition.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Grantham_Mariner
November 8, 2022, 9:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
I know of at least two Man City fans who live locally to me who have tickets for the game. They said that transport, Food and match tickets will be around £50, but if they went to see their first team they would not have much change out of £200.
So they would like to see their reserve team in the EFL so they could afford to see more games.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
tashee69
November 8, 2022, 9:11am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +961
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from aldi_01

intercourse all to do with foreign players, you only have to hear them speak about winning the FA cup etc. it’s all to do with money and success wanted/needed by clubs elsewhere.

Promotion from the championship is seen as THE golden ticket, the playoff final is regarded as one of the biggest in Europe. So picture the scene, town are 4th in the second tier. We’re going great guns, we get an away draw in the cup but we’ve already got a couple of niggly injuries…we can have a cup run and May be make it to the 5th round but there’s a strong chance there’s casualties along the way and we risk dropping out the playoff…as a manager what do you do? Granted, every manager and player wants to win every game but I can guarantee that the cup would be seen as a hindrance.

As mentioned, whilst every country has lots of divisions, Christ, in Holland there’s football practically every day but in Germany, England and Italy, football is well supported up and down the pyramid. That’s something valuable.

Germany has a B team model, but it’s been there a long time and they’re not all rattling around in the second tier like Spain. They aren’t able to get promoted and it isn’t really about money. The German footballing system is different to many though so I’d imagine that helps.

Personally, I don’t see the point in allowing teams to play in a league if they can’t go up but that’s just my opinion.

The pizza cup wasn’t well supported previously, not until semi final, area final and final anyway. The EFL saw this as a way to ‘generate interest’ and the top flight, some, not all, saw it as a chance to ‘blood’ younger players without having to send them out on loan I guess.

One could argue it failed, interest decreased massively and clubs were essentially paid an insurance as Mr Day explained that ill fated night. Sadly, Lincoln got to a final, desperate for a day out at Wembley and with their new found fans who didn’t understand the ramifications of such change to the competition, sold decent amounts of tickets for group games and then a fair wedge for the final.

Similarly, Sunderland did the same, another club desperate for success becauee their perception is they’re a huge club…the EFL won’t care that only 1200’scabs turn up at BP or 150 go watch Barnsley play some poxy u23 side, they’ll just point to the finals…

I’m not entirely sure B teams will happen but I can see some u23 teams finding their way in, it’s whether or not the EFL has the balderdash to stand up to the bigger clubs.

Read what I said. I said FOREIGN INFLUENCE before you start saying intercourse all to do with foreign players. Always up for a debate but obviously you’ve got no manners !!!!! You’re talking about players
How many foreign owners, managers, coaches are now in the Premier League now, because let’s be honest, that’s where the majority of the power is held.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from tashee69

Read what I said. I said FOREIGN INFLUENCE before you start saying intercourse all to do with foreign players. Always up for a debate but obviously you’ve got no manners !!!!! You’re talking about players
How many foreign owners, managers, coaches are now in the Premier League now, because let’s be honest, that’s where the majority of the power is held.

Wind ya neck in mate…foreign involvement still isn’t the issue, the issue is money and what we now regard as success…Christ, finishing 4th in the premier league is regarded as success…finishing 4th bottom is. That’s why the FA cup isn’t what it used to be…although if the big teams didn’t care they wouldn’t get to the final pretty much every year.

The premier league, the importance of staying in it, promotion and playoffs etc…that’s where the important stuff is. Christ, on this very forum people were bemoaning the FA cup last year saying it wasn’t important…we’re a bloody pub team in comparison to the likes of City and Chelsea yet fans held the same views…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
barralad
November 8, 2022, 9:56am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,298
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest if Dortmunds B team came bottom of liga3 would they be relegated?

Yes. That's the incentive. The upper incentive is of course getting a place in the first team.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Hagrid
November 8, 2022, 10:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from barralad

Yes. That's the incentive. The upper incentive is of course getting a place in the first team.

be relegated to the Regionella, which the team i follow in Germany, Lokomotiv Leipzig, currently play in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
Jarmo.Is.God
November 8, 2022, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I was debating taking my lad to this.
Cheaper tickets etc being the main reason....

But i thought it might be £5 for all, and not willing to pay £20 for me and the boss lady, then £5 for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Lost in Lincoln
November 8, 2022, 12:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from DB

I thought Clyde was the orangutan in 'Every Which Way But Loose' film with Clint Eastwood. Torquay v Orangutang, now that would be one hell of a game.

As long as the Orangutang doesn't draw Hartlepool away...

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 51
toontown
November 8, 2022, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I know of at least two Man City fans who live locally to me who have tickets for the game. They said that transport, Food and match tickets will be around £50, but if they went to see their first team they would not have much change out of £200.
[/color]So they would like to see their reserve team in the EFL so they could afford to see more games.[color=purple]

Oh well we should all bend over to convenience them.
They can intercourse right off can't they
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.