1mickylyons
November 4, 2022, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner93er

No one said he's 'clearly not up to it'. I simply pointed out I think he's been the weakest of our back 4 in recent times which would make it surprising if a championship club came in for him. I'm not saying he's excrement or shouldn't be playing. Christ, I think you're getting far more upset than any player would.

You're entitled to an opinion  however we've just lost 2 games with him absent  so is he the weak link? Personally I felt Efete was playing poorly by his standards set last season though he's picked up a bit over the last Month. The last 2 poor performances from the team I'm laying the blame at the Manager's door. We need more attacking qualities and Glenn's is a massive part of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
chaos33
November 4, 2022, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Mariner93er

No one said he's 'clearly not up to it'. I simply pointed out I think he's been the weakest of our back 4 in recent times which would make it surprising if a championship club came in for him. I'm not saying he's excrement or shouldn't be playing. Christ, I think you're getting far more upset than any player would.

Settle down and read what I posted again. I know you didn’t say he wasn’t up to it. That was a reference to another player and poster (Pepple) and the ‘manager doesn’t rate them’ remarks were aimed at Richardson and Symonds. Not long ago, Clifton was being criticised, Ryan Taylor has been written off by a few and my view is that this is harsh and unrealistic in terms of what people expect. We’ve got a great squad for this level and all our players give 100% it seems to me. I don’t think we’re playing with ‘weak links’ or sub par players. Too much dismissive talk and overstated, over simplified views I think.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
BrMarin
November 4, 2022, 5:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Congratulations on stating the obvious thread title of the year. It is indeed true that "few clubs" are interested in Glennon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
toontown
November 4, 2022, 8:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I'd concur he seems the weakest defensively of our back 4 but  also is fantastic going forward. Great set piece delivery. Hardly seems sacrilege to have an opinion on which of the 4 defenders are the weakest defensively on a forum for opinions on a football team.

Anyway I'd be surprised if a championship club were interested but stranger things have happened that's for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Abdul19
November 4, 2022, 8:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Son of Cod

Great question. Surely Beckham's right foot was described as a wand?

Yeah, must've been. Just shows though; him and Pirlo are very A list. Can't even remember Juninho (the Lyon one) being wanded.

On the other hand/foot, I once heard Alan Kimble described as having one!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Posh Harry
November 5, 2022, 7:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Son of Cod

Must be pure coincidence that most teams seem to target our left hand side then. I don't think it's overly negative to suggest he's the weakest defensively of the back four. It's obviously not Waterfall or Smith and Efete has improved a lot in that respect under PH. Glennon has a wand of a left foot and gets up and down that line with a ridiculous amount of energy and his early crosses can chaos mayhem but I think it's a pretty fair criticism that he's not quite there defensively yet. He's probably one of the best attacking full backs in the division but he's way off being one of the best defensive full backs in the division. Hopefully that will come with time.

Don’t most people target our left hand side because the large majority of footballers are right footed and naturally play that side? Did we use Harry as a winger who tried to beat his man on the outside and cross with his left foot? I’m not saying he can’t but it’s not his strength from what I can see and his success has come from running from deep or turning up late at the back post. Good quality left footed wingers must be like rocking horse doo doo at this level so most are going to target the side where they are the strongest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
pen penfras
November 5, 2022, 8:21am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Posh Harry

Don’t most people target our left hand side because the large majority of footballers are right footed and naturally play that side? Did we use Harry as a winger who tried to beat his man on the outside and cross with his left foot? I’m not saying he can’t but it’s not his strength from what I can see and his success has come from running from deep or turning up late at the back post. Good quality left footed wingers must be like rocking horse doo doo at this level so most are going to target the side where they are the strongest

JMD is left footed and plays on the right. Modern wingers aren't really wingers and it's not that important.

Plus there's loads of good left footed players out there. As Harry Redknapp said, left footed players are generally better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
aldi_01
November 5, 2022, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

JMD is left footed and plays on the right. Modern wingers aren't really wingers and it's not that important.

Plus there's loads of good left footed players out there. As Harry Redknapp said, left footed players are generally better

Left footed players were seen as somewhat of an enigma, probably around the time the premier league started or so it seems but as you say, there’s been left footed players for years and many are excellent. There’s a little fella plays for PSG, he’s all left foot, seems decent.

Ironic isn’t it, some have spent all season slagging off Eftete, someone hears a faint whisper that someone might be interested in Glennon and suddenly our left hand side is excrement and he’s our weakest player defensively. Couldn’t make this excrement up.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 5, 2022, 1:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
If it smells of Sh1t and looks like Sh1t.

It’s probably Sh1t

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
forza ivano
November 5, 2022, 10:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Posh Harry

Harry has worked so hard at his game, and his left foot is 1 aspect of that.he could hardly pass with his right ,let alone his left, but in the last 2 years it's obvious hes worked on improving his left footed play. He can now pass n cross with his left.its not great but he can do it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Few clubs interested in Glennon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.