2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
always grimsby
November 1, 2022, 9:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 7
I mentioned in the just back thread last Tuesday after the Barrow defeat Billy waters
Seen he just got a 3 tonight a proper fox in the box
Just what we need

Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
November 1, 2022, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from always grimsby
I mentioned in the just back thread last Tuesday after the Barrow defeat Billy waters
Just what we need

Exactly. Nobody can surely say we couldn't afford him / the location wasn't right/ he didn't think Grimsby was a nice place to live and play/ we would be too much out on a limb/ the club he joined has more fans/ he doesn't like fish or whatever the current excuse is.

Lower league strikers are out there and it would be nice to get one in January.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Son of Cod
November 1, 2022, 10:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
He was a mascot for us when he was a nipper but yeah one of those players who always seems to show up against us. Not surprised he's having a good season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
diehardmariner
November 1, 2022, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539

Exactly. Nobody can surely say we couldn't afford him / the location wasn't right/ he didn't think Grimsby was a nice place to live and play/ we would be too much out on a limb/ the club he joined has more fans/ he doesn't like fish or whatever the current excuse is.

Lower league strikers are out there and it would be nice to get one in January.

No excuse, he just followed Pete Wild to Barrow as he was the only manager to get a tune out of him in 5-6 seasons.

Not a lot different to how McAtee was willing to make the short trip down the M180 to work with Hurst again.  Last summer it worked in our favour, in the case of someone like Waters it's worked for someone else.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
pontoonlew
November 2, 2022, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from always grimsby
Just what we need

I think you’ll find that strikers like Waters don’t exist, can you please stop suggesting otherwise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
ginnywings
November 2, 2022, 10:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Do you mean the Billy Waters who is 28 and has scored 50 odd league goals, most of those in non league?

Deadly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
wiggers
November 3, 2022, 1:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +469
Gold Stars: 11
It’s 50 more the Pepple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Hagrid
November 3, 2022, 1:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from wiggers
It’s 50 more the Pepple

hardly a great comparison considering 1's only been in the country for 4 months and he's 19
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Maringer
November 3, 2022, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,647
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from wiggers
It’s 50 more the Pepple

Who is 9 years younger and has only been in the country for a couple of months.

I've not seen much of Pepple but he did enough in the Sutton game that I did see to think there is some potential there. The question is whether he can develop enough to be a useful player this season. Rather than picking out Pepple, I'm more concerned that Orsi hasn't done anything much when he's found his way onto the pitch. He's a lot older and more experienced by has only been deemed worthy of a start in 10 League/National League games since the start of last season so we need him to find something in training to make himself an integral part of the set up. He's the anti-Mani at the moment - one goal in 23 appearances off the Bench since the start of last season. He really needs to grab the chance with both hands when he gets onto the pitch.

It's quite possible that the return of McAtee will help both Pepple and Orsi as well, I suppose. If he improves the form of the team as we all hope, perhaps the sub forwards will find themselves coming on with us in a better position in games with the cushion of a goal or two?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
wiggers
November 3, 2022, 7:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +469
Gold Stars: 11
My point being I would rather have a lower league seasoned pro like Billy Waters than an untried untested player like Pepple.  Whenever I’ve seen Waters play which is around half a dozen times I think he always looks like a busy, industrious player who can score a goal. He’s the sort of player who gets in opponents faces. I actually think he would be a good replacement for McAtee actually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy waters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.