DB
October 30, 2022, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbR0c37do90

It looks like the Town defenders had sleeping pills to concede those 2 goals. Diabolical defending in both cases with no excuses. Holohans goal was a beauty but was little consolation for that defeat.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
October 30, 2022, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Have to give Gav some credit for his class reaction to scoring a brilliant goal. Can’t be easy stifling your emotions in that moment, and it seemed to be appreciated by a few of the Hartlepool supporters behind their goal.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
fishcake63
October 30, 2022, 6:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
it happens 4 points off play offs 30 games to go would have snatched anybodys hand off st start of season to start this well & i get it could be better but wallsall rochdale away could have both been defeats instead of wins so park saturday lets move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Heswall Mariner
October 30, 2022, 6:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Poojah
Have to give Gav some credit for his class reaction to scoring a brilliant goal. Can’t be easy stifling your emotions in that moment, and it seemed to be appreciated by a few of the Hartlepool supporters behind their goal.

Oh dear - poor Gav - just smile for your new employers eh?
Oh -  & kiss the badge.
Guess I'm getting cynical in my advanced years.
UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
chaos33
October 30, 2022, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Oh dear - poor Gav - just smile for your new employers eh?
Oh -  & kiss the badge.
Guess I'm getting cynical in my advanced years.
UTM.

What?

Fair play to him for being respectful. Hartlepool fans I spoke to said they loved Gav and thought he was a great player who scored a lovely goal and they wished they’d not lost him. Really nice folk. Guy with his kid actually apologised to me and said ‘I don’t know how we’ve won that game. You’ve got some super players, and great fans and you’ll do well. We’re not as bad as our league position suggests. You just seem to have packed up playing after your goal’. We agreed and shook hands. He also said they rated Morris but they couldn’t keep him fit when they had him. The bloke’s son, who was about 10 also said - ‘what’s happened to John McAtee? He’s class. You’d have thrashed us with him in your team!’
A smiling moment in a a very disappointing and angering Saturday afternoon. That’s football.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
moosey_club
October 30, 2022, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
For that 2nd goal the ball seems to just drift past Crocombe before it reaches Maher....might be the camera angle but looks like he caught out there.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
pen penfras
October 31, 2022, 7:10am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club
For that 2nd goal the ball seems to just drift past Crocombe before it reaches Maher....might be the camera angle but looks like he caught out there.

It's hard to tell, because it doesn't look to get a touch, but their forward goes for it and then apparently it came off Maher. I think the angle is probably deceptive and will give Crocombe the benefit of doubt.

He was lucky not to have a howler earlier on though when he was miles out of his box and their player had a horrendous touch to take it around him and knocked it straight to a defender. A good touch and Crocombe would have looked stupid. Made some quality saves and good all round again though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartlepool Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.