2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
DB
October 28, 2022, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
This is not a football report, but as the GT do report on football issues you expect to read some truth. The GT reported this

"Residents said they heard 'shots' being fired in the afternoon on Friday, October 28"

Typing this at 10.15 AM on Friday 28th October they can clearly predict the future! or their reporting has stepped down to another unprintable level. As this would/should have been checked for accuracy you can only assume that they print rubbish to fill a page.

We can only come to the same conclusion when they issue football articles about Town and have to wonder about their validity of them; unless of course, they quote The Fishy is the source.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....amp;utm_medium=email

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 28, 2022, 10:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from DB
............unless of course, they quote The Fishy is the source.

A good reporter NEVER reveals the source of their information.

Just a shame that they dont have any good reporters.

The day has to come where someone on here starts up a rumour, and others keep it going, so that the GT pick up on it and run with it, and are made to look like absolute idiots, even moreso than they do already!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
tintowner
October 28, 2022, 7:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
At a cost of £1.15, I am surprised anybody still buys it!

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
crusty ole pie
October 28, 2022, 7:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from tintowner
At a cost of £1.15, I am surprised anybody still buys it!

HOW MUCH ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
crusty ole pie
October 28, 2022, 7:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from crusty ole pie

HOW MUCH ?

I need some newspaper to overwinter my tubers thought a telegraph Wes 6d
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
friskneymariner
October 28, 2022, 8:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Even he online version that is free is over priced.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 28, 2022, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,919
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from friskneymariner
Even he online version that is free is over priced.

Beat me to it

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
HerveJosse
October 28, 2022, 10:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 144
Well even the BBC six o clock news with its 5000 people sat at desks in the background doing what carried the following caption on screen when reporting the death of Jerry Lee Lewis age 87
Jerry Lee Lewis 2035 - 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
moosey_club
October 29, 2022, 1:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Ok....not trying to over defend the GT here but the article I can read says the shots were heard Thursday P.m ....so no surprise they are reporting that on Friday as they are always at best 24hrs behind...
Plus it's Rutland St so you could print that story most days of the week and it would be accurate.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
DB
October 29, 2022, 6:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from moosey_club
Ok....not trying to over defend the GT here but the article I can read says the shots were heard Thursday P.m ....so no surprise they are reporting that on Friday as they are always at best 24hrs behind...
Plus it's Rutland St so you could print that story most days of the week and it would be accurate.

They revised the story about 11.15 am to Thursady pm. When I commented on their website which was the believable version they wouldn't publish it!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
aldi_01
October 29, 2022, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The story was appallingly written and had little fact or content. Much like the story of the police swooping on to Thorpe park.

If the telewag provides a chance for young folk to get in to journalism then that’s great but the quality is beyond questionable and the website is atrocious and simply clickbait articles.

If it’s not a ‘story’ about a covid vaccine it’s about someone who did what thousands of others did and delivered food through a pandemic or it’s a breaking story from the nationals as they like to call it. Failing that, it’s just a boring article about a crime to whip up some hysteria about the town when in reality, if they didn’t bother it would probably help the police and provide some level of deterrent if they didn’t report every roof climber or alleged incident.

They ran a story recently about a fight near Lister st, bladed weapon and the likes…they didn’t follow anything up though and their story just creates a taking point…had they keep tabs they’d realise the alleged perpetrator was found not guilty in court…I was one of the 12 jurors. The story did what it was intended to do though, create anger and negative spin on the area.

Still, the ‘live’ videos of the chap with the eyebrows kill some time whilst you’re taking a dump.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
tintowner
October 29, 2022, 10:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
In the days of old the GT had premises in Grimsby of which you could walk in and talk to the relevant people about a variety of things.
Nowadays, the reporters live all over the place and you have to ring them up and send pictures of whatever it is you are promoting etc.
This happened to me last year when I was promoting my new football book about a local team and local football. I had to ring a reporter in Scunthorpe, tell him all the details and upload some pictures.
This i did, hoping that the local paper would help promote a book about local football ........ did they print the story ....... no!

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.