3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Gilbertswand
October 23, 2022, 11:26am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Grim up north
It would be good to build the corner up to sweep round from the Pontoon to the Main stand as it would increase the volume no end

Hopefully this is in the plans and why they havent bothered fixing the side panels in the pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
RonMariner
October 23, 2022, 10:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Terrific atmosphere in the Youngs yesterday. Brilliant all match.

I have to say thought that I wish the stand ran the full length of the pitch. Would probably add a thousand seats of more and would probably not break the bank to do. Wouldn't impact the fan zone, and could greatly increase the size of the bar too. Just a thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
mimma
October 24, 2022, 12:36am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from RonMariner
Terrific atmosphere in the Youngs yesterday. Brilliant all match.

I have to say thought that I wish the stand ran the full length of the pitch. Would probably add a thousand seats of more and would probably not break the bank to do. Wouldn't impact the fan zone, and could greatly increase the size of the bar too. Just a thought.

That was the original plan, but then found out that we wouldn't get planning permission because of the close proximity to the houses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
crusty ole pie
October 24, 2022, 7:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from mimma

That was the original plan, but then found out that we wouldn't get planning permission because of the close proximity to the houses

If my memory serves me correct there was two plans on the board one was like Cambridge had built low and the full length and the more grander design  of the findus and Dudley r chose the latter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
1mickylyons
October 24, 2022, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Fans were excellent in all 4 stands its a shame we can't get going like that without a full away end to bounce off but 10/10.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wall of noise

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.