MarinerDevil
October 20, 2022, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d8cwyf
  • Gavan Holohan is still recovering from his knee injury; he's back on the grass but is a doubt
  • There's been 'quite a lot of illness' in the camp; some have recovered; some are still getting over the symptoms; will have an impact on the starting XI
  • Jordan Cropper is back in contention after playing the midweek reserves game
  • Bryn Morris is nearing a return; sounds like next week is realistic
  • Keke Simmonds' injury is 'lingering'
  • John McAtee has been doing some non-contact training; progressing well; next month seems realistic for a return
  • No change in Ryan Bennett's situation
  • Happy to be at home in the FA Cup tie with Plymouth; still confirming which loanees can play
  • Hoping for a better atmosphere on Saturday vs Bradford
  • Andy Cook will be a big threat; pleased to see him doing well
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
October 20, 2022, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So typical Hurst really, I’ll give you some crumbs of information but I won’t let you in too far…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Poojah
October 20, 2022, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from aldi_01
So typical Hurst really, I’ll give you some crumbs of information but I won’t let you in too far…

Some of which will be completely made up, but you never know which bits. Used to go out with a girl like that, total mindfúck.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
aldi_01
October 20, 2022, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

Some of which will be completely made up, but you never know which bits. Used to go out with a girl like that, total mindfúck.

She was made up?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Posh Harry
October 21, 2022, 12:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,369
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from aldi_01

She was made up?

Blown up 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
fishcake63
October 21, 2022, 1:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
pmsl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Corkyefes
October 21, 2022, 2:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 10
With the McAtee situation, Hurst also said that it depends on what you class as next month.

By that I assume he means that as we are at the end of October and nearly into November, in theory next month could be December, which I think is more likely based on information previously given and McAtees comments about being approx 8 weeks away.

I'd be happy to see him before Christmas, which fits in with Hurst saying hes likely to be back in January, when he had his op.

At the end of the day, we need him back fully fit, especially if we are only going to get 5-6 months out of him.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Son of Cod
October 21, 2022, 2:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Corkyefes
With the McAtee situation, Hurst also said that it depends on what you class as next month.

By that I assume he means that as we are at the end of October and nearly into November, in theory next month could be December, which I think is more likely based on information previously given and McAtees comments about being approx 8 weeks away.

I'd be happy to see him before Christmas, which fits in with Hurst saying hes likely to be back in January, when he had his op.

At the end of the day, we need him back fully fit, especially if we are only going to get 5-6 months out of him.

Sounded like next month as in November to me, but that that could just mean only getting back on the bench for some initial minutes and that it also came with the caveat that this is assuming he continues to progress and doesn't pick anything else up when he returns to full training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
MarinerDevil
October 21, 2022, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Corkyefes

Average recovery for his op is 3 months. He had it done on 19th August, so based on that we can expect him to resume full training, at the earliest, in mid-November. That would put him on track for a full return to the squad in December if everything else goes well. We've only got 6 more league fixtures before mid-December, when he could return if the theoretical timeline works out. I think we'll still be in touch with the play-offs by then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
ginnywings
October 21, 2022, 6:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I took it to mean towards the end of November, which is still 6 weeks away.

If the average recovery time is 3 months, then being a young and fit footballer probably means he will be at the shorter end of that timescale. He will then need to be introduced slowly to regain match fitness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2022, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I wonder if he will play a couple of reserve games for Luton. A chance for them to look at him and allows him to return under the radar a little bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
monkeyboy
October 22, 2022, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Any news on scannel?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
GyMariner
October 22, 2022, 5:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from monkeyboy
Any news on scannel?

Spoke to him during the week. Back training in a week or two but I guess it depends how long it’ll take him to get fully fit?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Mariner_09
October 22, 2022, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from GyMariner

Spoke to him during the week. Back training in a week or two but I guess it depends how long it’ll take him to get fully fit?

It’ll probably take him 3-4 weeks still to get ready to play. Even then you’ll have to beg him in slowly. It’ll be December before he’s able to start I imagine, and that’ll be if he’s able to recapture some of his magic. Aged 32, after that sort of injury, it’s far from certain he’ll be able to fully recover.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre-Bradford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.