Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (I live in Stockport)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Just Back (I live in Stockport)

This thread currently has 5,137 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
coddy60
October 15, 2022, 7:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think that’s harsh on hunt. If he had some of the grey matter that Holohan has, then he would’ve been playing week in week out for Wendy.

I thought efete had his best game for a while and Clifton (imho) was MOM.

The support, considering it was an open terrace and slightly moist, we’re in fine voice.

The time wasting am not sure about but, it didn’t half p1ss off the Stockport support/staff/commentary

Think their commentators thought we should have had at least 14 red cards, not biased though 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
HerveJosse
October 15, 2022, 7:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
I think it’s becoming clear that we need the 3 in central midfield to be most effective with Green set to become a fixture after an in and out start partially due to Injury .That’s means we have to have live with 4-5-1 which will continue to be difficult viewing at home. While the strong performers are obvious and don’t need repeating here credit again to  to Pepple who for all his rawness again contributed to a goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
lukeo
October 15, 2022, 8:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Crowcombe was brilliant and my motm closely followed by green.
Enjoyed watching that today, even thought Kiernan had a better game than usual, his touch at times was brilliant.
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
chipsandgravy
October 15, 2022, 8:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Enjoyed the game today. Difficult for a man of the match for me when I thought it was such a brilliant team performance. However would give a special mention to Khan who is getting better the more he gets match fit. A fit McAtee and Scannel might just make this team rather interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
AndyGTFC
October 15, 2022, 8:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Another top result. Were the dominant side for the first half an hour and then you expect you're going to have to soak up some pressure away from home and we did well to hold onto our lead in the second with the save by Crocombe that has been mentioned.

Thought the red card was harsh in person but it was a definite red after looking back, and the third goal on the counter to wrap it up was just the icing on the cake. .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Northbank Mariner
October 15, 2022, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
MOTM for me was Green, the mans an absolute beast, won all his aerial duals and protected the back line brilliantly, oh and he's lucky to still have his legs in one piece!..
Khan run them ragged, Harry was just being Harry and Efete was solid today.
Gotta say though, Crocombe is different gravy, anyone who thinks he's not an upgrade on McKeown needs to give their head a wobble, he played and excellent flat ball out to khan and is immense on crosses, plus he does shithousery on the next level...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
HertsGTFC
October 15, 2022, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Really enjoyed that, in the first 30 mins we were really good and the selection and us shape worked well, at half time 1 - 2 felt about right.

The thing I like about our first 2 goals was just that we’d got numbers in the box and Clifton & Holohan took their chances when they presented themselves. I think we could have dealt with their goal better but there you go.

After the break it was always going to be a challenge but all of the lads contributed alongside the support to keep them out. Though Max was busy it never really felt like they were all over us.

The way the gave was going there was always going to be a 4th goal and luckily enough it was ours on the break and really well taken by Hunt, finishing the game off in injury time like that is the next best thing to an injury time winner for sure.

An overall massive team performance in true Hurst like style, Max was my MOM but to be honest you could have chosen 4 or 5 stand outs in a team where unity, togetherness and work ethic runs though their DNA from top to bottom.

Few other things, for once I sat close to the pitch today and got close ups of our players, when you’re that close you just see their immense work rate and commitment to each other. I also observed what an immense leader Luke Waterfall is, not just as a player but also as a talker and organiser, his behaviour & body language is always positive and I’m convinced he’s playing a role in Andy Smith’s great season to date.

I thought Stockport was a good away venue and today confirmed that overall, it’s just a shame their ground safety officer didn’t have the sense to open that gate at the end as that could have turned into a bigger incident despite several Rossers looking on doing sod all about it.

Also though I don’t like to be on the receiving end but our level of new found sh1thousery is quite refreshing.

We’re doing well, think what it could be like if and when we get a fully fit McAtee & Scanz back in a few weeks time.

YTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
aldi_01
October 15, 2022, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hard to find anyone that had a poor game today.

We looked threatening going forward and for a lot of huff and puff, their goal came from our mistake.

They seemed to lack any idea or shape, seemed to just be get the ball forward asap and hope for the best.

Waterfall was a man mountain again, Taylor once again was as pulled all over the gaff but did what he needed to do. Fair play to Kiernan, after last week nobody would’ve argued had he been left out but he cracking in the first half.

We didn’t really adapt to their first half sub but saw the game out to half time and set ourselves again.

The goal at the end was the icing on the cake…

Pepple was busy again when he came in but he looked to be running in treacle when he did come on…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
moosey_club
October 15, 2022, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
No comments to add about the game.....

But on the way back to car a Stockport fan turned to his mate and said

" well ....I have a team I hate more than Wrexham now"

That's how good our shithousery was  🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
thefish
October 15, 2022, 10:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from moosey_club
No comments to add about the game.....

But on the way back to car a Stockport fan turned to his mare and said

" well ....I have a team I hate more than Wrexham now"

That's how good our shithousery was  🤣

It takes all sorts…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (I live in Stockport)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.