toontown
October 13, 2022, 1:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Have a look at Dave Challinor’s yellow and red card record as a player. He didn’t have a bad record. In fact for a defender to be sent off only once and average about 6 yellow cards per season shows the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Yeah fair enough that isnt a bad record to be honest, perhaps it was a one off issue with him being ill tempered as a player against us rather than a pattern.

But as far as his team goes I'd say the figures back me up. In the final 16 games of last season they had another 4 sending off - that's 8 in 28, nearly 1 in every 3 over the equivalent of more than  half a season. They definitely have an issue with discipline there and that has to come from the manager (or at the very least an inability on the part of the manager to get to grips with it).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
GYinScuntland
October 14, 2022, 5:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Disposable ponchos are £1 in Boyes and Bargain Madness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
HertsGTFC
October 14, 2022, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Been in Stockport for the last 10 days due to my daughter having a baby. I recommend this pub The Wellington (ironic that) for this coming by train tomorrow well out of the station past the Holiday Inn Express & Leisure Centre and cross the road. Warm welcome, free house good beer & lager.

59-61 Wellington Road South
Stockport
SK1 3RU

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Abdul19
October 15, 2022, 5:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,577
Gold Stars: 218
Was that Challinor getting a yellow at the end for complaining about an obvious red card?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
toontown
October 15, 2022, 5:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from toontown

Yeah fair enough that isnt a bad record to be honest, perhaps it was a one off issue with him being ill tempered as a player against us rather than a pattern.

But as far as his team goes I'd say the figures back me up. In the final 16 games of last season they had another 4 sending off - that's 8 in 28, nearly 1 in every 3 over the equivalent of more than  half a season. They definitely have an issue with discipline there and that has to come from the manager (or at the very least an inability on the part of the manager to get to grips with it).

Called it! 😆
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
RonMariner
October 15, 2022, 11:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
So that is now 5 reds in 13 games then. Blimey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
toontown
October 16, 2022, 3:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
So that is now 5 reds in 13 games then. Blimey.

And 9 in 29 literally utterly unbelievable - apparently challinor has FINALLY in his post match interview admitted they have a discipliary problem,dont suppose he will have admitted his part in it lol, but cleay he's to blame he's been the manager after all!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
aldi_01
October 16, 2022, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I wonder if his yellow card was for moaning about the penalty they seemed desperate for but in truth, the foul, if there was one, was going our way anyway.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
RonMariner
October 16, 2022, 11:16am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from aldi_01
I wonder if his yellow card was for moaning about the penalty they seemed desperate for but in truth, the foul, if there was one, was going our way anyway.

In the interview he didn't seem to be too concerned about that incident, but he clearly felt that Green should have walked. I suspect that was the issue that got him booked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Lost in Lincoln
October 16, 2022, 11:29am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from RonMariner

In the interview he didn't seem to be too concerned about that incident, but he clearly felt that Green should have walked. I suspect that was the issue that got him booked.

TBF, taken in isolation, it was a badly mis-timed tackle.

If you dig a bit deeper, to discover it was their 5th in 13 games, it becomes more of a pattern...

Someone posted on here the other day that Challinor had a surprisingly low yellow card count in his career - but of course, we all remember the Martin Pringle incident, which sticks in the memory!  You can't possibly not remember that if you were there, and especially if you were in the findus stand.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.