2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
September 23, 2022, 11:59pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
This was briefly discussed when Jason, Andrew and Debbie was on the DN35 podcast. They were discussing regress being made around the club and Jason spoke of the coup of bringing Stevie back to the club and the upturn inform we’ve seen from Max this season.

Whilst Max has undoubtedly improved in many aspects of his game this year, as commented on by several during just back threads and I agree completely. However, my shitty brain failed to link this improvement to bringing Stevie in and a result of the work he’s been doing with Max. We are seeing what a great coup bringing him back is/was!

Be interesting to see if OB has seen similar improvements in his game.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishcake63
September 24, 2022, 7:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Great post i was same never linked the two bit lazy of me i think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2022, 8:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
This was briefly discussed when Jason, Andrew and Debbie was on the DN35 podcast. They were discussing regress being made around the club and Jason spoke of the coup of bringing Stevie back to the club and the upturn inform we’ve seen from Max this season.

Whilst Max has undoubtedly improved in many aspects of his game this year, as commented on by several during just back threads and I agree completely. However, my shitty brain failed to link this improvement to bringing Stevie in and a result of the work he’s been doing with Max. We are seeing what a great coup bringing him back is/was!

Be interesting to see if OB has seen similar improvements in his game.

I’m sure it’s a factor alongside a pretty stable back 4 selection season to date and some excellent form from Smith & Waterfall.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Mariner John
September 24, 2022, 8:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
Even at a very young age, Steve was into football, despite his parents having no interest in the game. He used to play on the road outside his house in Scarto with my son, for hours on end. That would be around 86/7 time. My lad often stayed at his Auntie Lynn's RIP and Uncle Dave's. We moved out of the area with my job and I have followed his progress since. Dedicated to the game, he still teaches youngsters once a week and is a credit to the game. The biggest shame was his injury which stopped his potential as a keeper. He has grown over the years as a coach as is a credit to his parents. I love the fact at my age he still calls me Uncle John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
TheRealJohnLewis
September 24, 2022, 11:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
It's probably a combination of Stevie's coaching and playing regularly last season and this, as he hadn't really played much before coming to Town. You could see last season the progression he had made from when he first hit the team to his form going into the finals. When he first got into the team I didn't think much too him and would have placed him behind Macca in the pecking order, but that soon changed for me once he settled into the team and learnt how to keep his kicks on the field and not into the stands.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
chaos33
September 24, 2022, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 361
Well then John, you’ll know me. Steve’s Mum and my mum were best friends. Lynn was my adopted Mum effectively. We lived next door to each other. When I was a teenager Stevie was a fair bit younger and we played the game for hours. In the garden. In the street.
I even used to get him to practice interviews with the radio. I knew he would make it. Even when he broke his leg as a kid, he wouldn’t stop playing. He laid down in his goal and stopped all my shots with both arms and his working leg! An absolute diamond person. Great coach and was a top keeper before his injury spoiled it. Town to the core and a man I regard as my brother.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Yossarian
September 24, 2022, 4:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
Interesting post.  I was thinking about how Crocombe had developed in the half-season he was in the 1st team last season.  His semi-assist for the 3rd goal at Wrexham in the playoffs was superb.  I often wonder how much quality coaching the GKs get at League 2, National League level.

Having a good goalkeeper is such a massive factor in good teams.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
chaos33
September 24, 2022, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 361
It really is crucial.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2022, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner John
Even at a very young age, Steve was into football, despite his parents having no interest in the game. He used to play on the road outside his house in Scarto with my son, for hours on end. That would be around 86/7 time. My lad often stayed at his Auntie Lynn's RIP and Uncle Dave's. We moved out of the area with my job and I have followed his progress since. Dedicated to the game, he still teaches youngsters once a week and is a credit to the game. The biggest shame was his injury which stopped his potential as a keeper. He has grown over the years as a coach as is a credit to his parents. I love the fact at my age he still calls me Uncle John

Lovely stuff!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
barrattstandman
September 25, 2022, 7:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
If you look back a few years to when Steve was here last time it also coincides with the best times of Macca in goal . He was never as good after Croudson left .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevie Croudson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.