2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
mimma
September 12, 2022, 12:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Thank you for posting this. It's a real eye opener to hear the stories from the players themselves. You get to watch them but we don't know what they are like off the pitch. The one thing that comes out of it is how there's always a camourarady which is away nice to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2022, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from sam gy

Good read that

Interesting that they had a drinking culture about the club then... maybe Mike Newell could have done better with us in the 90s  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 15
Laddy89
September 13, 2022, 10:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
I got told Lawsy and Bonetti were both ‘entertaining’ a lady from the office and that’s what it was all about!

That came from a player at that time, no prizes for guessing who lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Deckhand
September 13, 2022, 11:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Laddy89
I got told Lawsy and Bonetti were both ‘entertaining’ a lady from the office and that’s what it was all about!

That came from a player at that time, no prizes for guessing who lol

Did Laws go on and marry that lady 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
grimps
September 14, 2022, 3:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I watched it a few months ago and thought Lawsy came across as quite a decent bloke , The Bonetti incident certainly effected his time with us as I remember us being near the top for a spell before it happened and we had a great side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
mimma
September 14, 2022, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
I've always wondered what might have been had the Bonnetti incidence never happened. We were playing to full houses, playing well. Bonnetti was only the second Italian to play in the Football League, after some other Italian at Forest, which put us in the spotlight. It quickly went downhill after.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Brian Laws

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.